XY OU So I hurd u liek stall?

Namion

formerly Scrubchoo
A while ago, I decided to create a stall team just for the sheer annoyance of others. Little did I know it would be effective and manage to get me a 26-5 W/L ratio in OU. Alrighty, here it is!
I always start my team with a mega and build around it. I felt that Venusaur would work best on a stall team so I added him first. Here's the set.
Toad Turd (Venusaur-Mega) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

With those EVs, I am able to be defensive on both sides. Giga Drain is to help with the HP recovery while I Sludge Bomb simply for the poison chance. HP Fire is for Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and other threats my teammates can't handle. I have Synthesis over Leech Seed just to keep recovery stable.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, I decided to get some hazards on this team. Instead of sticking them all on one Pokémon, I just started with Stealth Rocks. I felt the best Pokémon to carry it and also benefit my team would be Chansey so...

Obesity Mascot (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Aromatherapy for support, Stealth Rock for the hazards, Soft-Boiled for recovery and stall and Seismic Toss to get solid damage on the opponent. The EVs ensure I can tank STAB moves from base 130 Atk and under without worry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neeext, I looked for a Pokémon with Spikes. Who else but Skarmory could play this role more efficiently?

Iron Maiden (Skarmory) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Drill Peck
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Pretty average EVs, Skarmory is my hazard setter for Spikes, physical wall and my protection from sweepers. I have Drill Peck over Brave Bird because the recoil hurts and Rocky Helmet is simply there to repel physical attackers.
I then needed a spinner. The first bulky one I thought of was none other than...

Japanese Fetish (Tentacruel) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Although the lack of recovery is somewhat noticeable, it's made up for with great defenses. Scald to help with my weak physical defense, Giga Drain for recovery, and Rapid Spin because hazards are a no. Knock Off is there not only for the removal of items but I'm able to tank and kill the only spinblocker in OU. (Gengar) Also here's a calc just for the hell of it.
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tentacruel in Sun: 90-106 (24.7 - 29.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
(90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 99, 99, 100, 102, 102, 104, 105, 106)

Just an example of that bulk.
Next, I decided to add a bit of offense to the team. I settled with Landorus-T since I figured he could support the team with Intimidate.

Kitty (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 72 Def / 152 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

While Intimidate is in play, Lando's Def and SpDef reach a nice 351. Backed with 382 HP its one hell of a tank. Moves are pretty basic, EdgeQuake for coverage, U-Turn for Momentum and Knock Off because items suck when they aren't mine.

And then I put Clefable. I honestly don't remember why but she's stuck with me since.

Annoying Little Sh (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Charge Beam
- Soft-Boiled

Pretty basic Clefable set, Cosmic Power shenanigans and enough bulk to set up on Special Attackers.
Well that's my team. Please tell me if there's anything I should change. I don't have replays at the moment but I'll try to add some when I get some.

I don't see the point in having drill peck over Brave Bird on Skarmory if you already run roost. Also you might want to use Defog on Skarmory over Spikes and ditch tentacruel for Quagsire so you can have an unaware user. You might also want to use leech seed or Sleep Powder over giga drain on Venusaur. I don't see why AV would be very useful for landorus as it can't really take an ice beam to begin with and it would be a lot better off carrying stealth rock than chansey (Might want to use wish) since it doesn't waste a move slot as much as it would for chansey.

Namion

formerly Scrubchoo
I don't see the point in having drill peck over Brave Bird on Skarmory if you already run roost. Also you might want to use Defog on Skarmory over Spikes and ditch tentacruel for Quagsire so you can have an unaware user. You might also want to use leech seed or Sleep Powder over giga drain on Venusaur. I don't see why AV would be very useful for landorus as it can't really take an ice beam to begin with and it would be a lot better off carrying stealth rock than chansey (Might want to use wish) since it doesn't waste a move slot as much as it would for chansey.
I have Rapid Spin over Defog because if anything, I need to keep my hazards. Also, with Assault Vest and those EVs on Landorus-T I can tank HP Ice from most special attackers.

I would run wish and heal bell over softboiled on chansey so you can support the team with health. (the reason for heal bell over aromatherapy is because wish and aromatherapy are illegal together). Besides that I think its a great team.

Namion

formerly Scrubchoo
I would run wish and heal bell over softboiled on chansey so you can support the team with health. (the reason for heal bell over aromatherapy is because wish and aromatherapy are illegal together). Besides that I think its a great team.
Thanks, I'll try that. =]

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power

So this is me being me but I see a taunt Mega Gardevoir does massive damage to your team.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast/Hidden Power Ground
- Taunt

Anyway I would recommend putting a specially defensive Heatran in there with Air balloon or lefties (Your choice, preferably lefties)
Here is the Heatran set anyway:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock/Protect
- Roar

By utilising this you can prevent a lot of sweepers from setting up and you can deal with a lot of threats, namely Mega-Cham and Gard. Overall, nice team have fun using it.

I don't really have any specific changes, just know that your team struggles a bit against opposing stall teams since your spinner doesn't get Leftover recovery, you don't have a Defogger, and most of your team, bar Clefable, takes residual damage not very lightly since you can't Wish. Perhaps running Black Sludge on Tentacruel or sticking Defog on Skarm would work better for you. Heatran would be a cool option too, it'd help against Gard as well as Bisharp which seems to at least give you problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)