So I threw a team together in about 15 minutes or so...

And it's been performing pretty dang well on shoddy.
Though, being pretty novice at team building, I have no ideas what my weaknesses are. Please Help! :D

Team at a Glance

l Anti-Lead l l Late-Game Sweep l l Scout / Sweeper l l Weather Abuser l l Wall l l Status Absorber /Wall l

The Team

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Trace
228HP / 136Def / 144Sp.Atk
Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk / -Atk)

Magic Coat
Discharge
Ice Beam
Recover

Standard Porygon2, with a twist. Just incase you aren't familiar with Magic Coat, the move reflects any status back at the user. With this, Porygon2 can shut down all the Gengar and Bronzong leads, by simply reflecting their Hypnosises back at them.

The rest of the Moveset is pretty self explanitory, Bolt Beam there for type coverage, and Recover is there for stable recovery.

Heracross @ Salac Berry
Swarm
252Atk / 252Speed / 6Def
30 HP IV
Adamant Nature (+Atk / -Sp.Atk)

Substitute
Swords Dance
Megahorn
Stone Edge / Rock Slide

Yep, you guessed it. MoPCross.
Tends to appear late-game, whenever a chance to set-up appears. Incase you aren't familiar with MoPCross, the idea is to come in, sub down to 25% Health when the Salac Berry activates, and sweep away.
Megahorn is a pretty obvious choice, but I'm not sure about that last slot. Stone Edge is much more powerful, but Rock Slides accuracy is swaying me here. I don't particularly like the idea of having two low accuracy moves.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Blaze
102Atk / 156Speed / 252 Sp.Atk
Naive Nature (+Speed / -Sp.Def)

Overheat
Close Combat
U-Turn
Hidden Power - Ice 70

Alright, the EV's on this thing allow it to outspeed Choice Scarf Gengar and 2HKO Blissey with Close Combat, with the remainder thrown in Special Attack.
This thing mainly tends to U-Turn around during Early Game, and clear the way for another member of the team later on. Overheat is favoured over any other Fire Type move, as Infernape is never around for long before he switches out. HP Ice OHKO's Garchomp and Dragonite the majority of the time, and Salamence all the time.

Kingdra @ Mystic Water
Swift Swim
252Atk/ 88Speed / 168 Sp.Atk
Naughty Nature (+Atk / -Sp.Def )

Rain Dance
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor

Ahh, Kingdra. Always been a favorite of mine. After a Rain Dance, Kingdra outpseeds Choice Scarf Garchomp and takes it down with a Draco Meteor.
Waterfall and Hydro Pump hit hard on both attacking sides, with Waterfall 2HKO'ing Blissey and Hydro Pump hitting Gliscor and Hippowdon very hard indeed.
With Draco Meteor on the set, there isn't much of a reason to invest in many Special Attacks EVs, so Attack is favoured.
Rain Dance is VERY important, as not only does it double Kingdra's speed and boost it's Water Attacks power, but it clears the weather up for MoPCross to sub down unharmed.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
252HP / 152Atk/ 8Def / 96Sp.Def
IVs - 0 Speed
Relaxed Nature (+Def / -Speed )

Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Hypnosis
Reflect

*Changed*

Bronzong's typing makes it a brilliant wall, and it provides some much needed support to this team. Hypnosis actually stacks on top of any sleep induced by Magic Coat, as Magic Coat counts as if the user of the status move is infilicting itself. Reflect is favoured over Light Screen, seeming as my team is stronger Sp.Def wise. Stealth Rock is pretty self-explanatory.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
252HP / 82Sp.Atk / 176Sp.Def
Calm Nature (+Sp.Def / -Atk)

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power - Ice 68 (Shoddy's stupid legend IV thing)
Rest
Sleep Talk

I've ran this exact same Zapdos as my lead on shoddy for quite a while on my old team, and it works pretty well.
The moveset is pretty self explanatory, BoltBeam for type coverage, and Rest + Sleep Talk for Sleep-Talking.
The EVs were thought up by Phuquoph for me a while ago, whilst making my old team, and tweaked by Taylor. To be quite honest, I can't remember if there's anything special about them, just that they work. Trust me on that.

--------------------

So there we go, that's the team.
Please rate!
:heart:

Looks good, but Life Orb over MW on Kingdra.

It looks well made and I can't think of any real probelms right now. I will look at it again later and try to rate it better.

Good job though.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

I'm not sure I like the idea of Life Orb on Kingdra.
On quite a few occasions I've had to take a hit to set up rain dance, and I don't want Kingdra dying after that.
If there's any real reason I should use it, other than the slight damage increase, please state it. Thanks.

It at least benefits Draco Meteor as well as the other two something MW does not which is why I suggested it.

You could get some problems with Lucario imo. I dont know how much Crunch does on Slowbro after a SD, but the Rest is quickly OHKOd with the right move. It wont get too many free turns to setup though, the only 2 i can think of are a slept Bronzong (33% for EQ) and Heracross, as the best move is Megahorn which fails to 2HKO iirc. I have no idea how to fix the problem, as the team looks very solid else. You dont have Rocks yet, so Gliscor may be worth considering

I really like your lead here, but I am a little worried about your zong. I don't have much experience with them, but aren't those EV's a little frail. I do like the idea of a dependable recovery move. Overall, well put together team.

i think that gar in peticular won't put pory to sleep when it can just kill it. for that you could run hp fight+shadow ball for fight ghost and a focus sash. you could kill gar or reflect hypno back. it would turn it into a predict war which you would prob win.

I'd consider switching PorygonZ for the studier Porygon2. It can run the exact same set, but it can make use of Discharge too, and is a lot sturdier as I said, making it a pretty good anti-lead.

Actually I am going to have to agree with that as well. he is bulkier and you can use recover over tri attack. Trace will help a shitload because it bounces back intimidate or gives you levitate, ect. Boltbeam is all you need for it but discharge is better for pyaralyzing.

Team is pretty straight forward, but I'd say you have a pretty bad Zapdos weak. Nothing can really switch into it. Suicune can give you trouble... You have no stabbed Tbolts or a phazer to scare it off. Swampert might be a pain too, it will SR and you can't do much put stall with Slobro. Also, i'm not a fan of that Bronzong... Skarm, Forry, meh pretty much anything can set up on that or at least lay out spikes which will eat your team alive without being scared of Hypnosis. I mean it could work, but this team needs alot of prediction rather than having pokemon take certain hits. Because, 4/6 of your team, can't take hits well. I'm tying to think of some substitutes, but how about Zapdos > Porgonz. It will allow a stabbed tbolt, you can even put Roar on it. If you do that you can have scarfnape as a lead.

Changes Made

Replaced Porygon-Z with Porygon2.
Changed Bronzong's moveset.
Replaced Slowbro with Zapdos.

Hopefully all those changes should be benificial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)