XY Ubers something something i hate xerneas

So in Gen 6, this powerhouse of a pokemon named Xerneas came into the game, and every single time i try to do something, i can't manage to get around its stupid ass geomancy set. With only shaky checks, it's kind of hard to build a perfect team that synergises with each other so fluently. This is about as close as i could get to it. Please enjoy :)

Squad Member 1: Aegislash

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

With Aegislash recently being banned to Ubers, i found the opportunity finally to use it with a niche; to check, or even counter Xerneas. I originally had the spooky plate on this set to kind of "balance out" the lack of shadow ball damage. But then i slowly realised that Aegislash-Shield can live a +2 Max SpA HP Fire from Xerneas and easily hit it with a 117 BP Gyro Ball and destroy the stags soul. You may be debating "oh you could just have SpD or AV Heatran and just roar it out." I like the idea of a glass cannon, where the power is so strong, it literally destroys the cannon. If Aegislash can live to tell the tale, it will destroy some things, disregarding things like E-Killer (which i somewhat have a problem with regardless).

Squad Member 2: Giratina-O

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Claw
- Will-o-Wisp

Noticing that my team had a disgusting EKiller weakness i felt the most suitable substitute was Giratina. With the incredible defensive capabilities and great typing of Giratina, it easily walls EKiller, as well as threats to Physical attackers such as Aegislash, Genesect, Kangaskhan, and other things that i cba to remember. Will-o-wisp is definitely essential when taking down powerhouses like Ekiller, because if that thing gets an SD, this team might be doomed without Giratina.

Squad Member 3: Palkia

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Man, Palkia is one badass pokemon. Paired up with the Lustrous orb, it is one difficult pokemon to take down. Rotom-W and Palkia might be a little redundant, but in my head, it is not. Reason why Palkia is on the squad: To assist Aegislash in the quest to take down Xerneas. Palkia is weak to two types: Dragon and Fairy. Both types, are resisted by Aegislash. Aegislash is weak to Dark, Fire, Ground, and Ghost. Palkia resists Fire and Ground, almost perfect synergy (but we'll get to that). Thunder Wave is basically for stuff that likes to set up in front of Palkia: Xerneas, Mawile, sometimes EKiller. I went with the moveset to provide the most coverage i can possibly think of, only being resisted by Azumarill, which isn't really prevalent in ubers anyway.

Squad Member 4: Tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Tyranitar basically has one job in this match: to not let Gengar go away unscaved. Being able to live AT LEAST one Focus Blast from MGar is nothing to be shaking a stick at. I was debating changing out Low Kick for Payback, but i figured i might need it for opposing TTars, EKiller (superpower would be better), Heatran (EQ/SuperPower), Ferrothorn and other bulky weak to fighting types. SR is to basically ensure that MGar cannot come in unscaved. If he predicts the switch, he's going to get hit with a pursuit/Stone edge. Pursuit is also for hitting things that like to Volt-Switch/U-Turn out, like Scizor, Lando-T and Zekrom. Stone Edge is mainly used for STAB, also for things like Ho-Oh, Lugia and hopefully not Skarmory.

Squad Member 5: Genesect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Genesect is probably one of the coolest pokes in Ubers, bar none. An amazing ability and the unpredictability to be any kind of set. Scarf Special Gene is my favorite, plus an amazing addition to the squad. With only one pokemon that resists all 4 of Genesects moves being Rotom-H, Genesect is definitely going to put a great big dent in some teams. I could see Leading with Genesect would be a big dilemma, considering how unpredictable it is. If you lead off with TTar, you can easily get rocks up. If you see that they have a Sash Lead Deo-A, Genesect would probably be your best bet in the lead spot.

Squad Member 6: Xerneas

Xerneas @ Life Orb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Aromatherapy

And you thought Genesect was unpredicatble? Take a look at this bastard. Xerneas makes me cry at times. But when this asshat came into my life, Ubers came back to me. My mom even called me for the first time in 12 years (not really just trying to make you guys cri). This moveset is mess with peoples heads. Stuff that likes to come in on Xerneas, like god damn Heatran get a big giant surprise when it is not Geo Xern, but LO CC Xern.

4 Atk Life Orb Xerneas Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 270-320 (70.1 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just look at that damage. Heatran switches in predicting the Geo, gets bopped with a CC, and then Heatran roars out Xerneas, free to hop around on its stupid little deer legs all the damn time. Not to mention STAB Moonblast tearing holes in your apartment and your teams. Aromatherapy is mainly to help out with the squad, like burned Aegislash or TTar.

Once again, thank you so much for reading this, it really does mean a lot that you've taken the time out of your day to read my silly RMT.

Closing Notes: This is my 4th ever Ubers build, first one solo that i actually like, so please, be harsh on it. Have a good one fren :]

Last edited:
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 204-242 (62.9 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 158-186 (48.7 - 57.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

Seriously change your Aegislash set to Leftovers and change the EVs to the one I used in the second calc. The weakness policy set in Ubers is extremely underwhelming, I can't imagine you've had much success with it, if any against decent players. Without Leftovers, Xerneas can EASILY do the hit and run tactic against your Aegi, and then you auto-lose once it's at a low health. With Leftovers the hit and run tactic becomes more difficult, as you have recovery and King's Shield for an extra turn of recovery.

Change Iron Head for Gyro Ball and make Aegi as slow as possible.

0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Gyro Ball (117 BP) vs. 108 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 362-428 (86.1 - 101.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

This is Zero IVs, negative nature in Speed Aegislash against +2 Geoxern running 120 speed EVs (common). You can easily finish it off with Shadow Sneak here, or KO if you get lucky. I'd change Shadow Ball for Toxic too as it's much better.

Will rate more later if I'm bothered, and please take out Rotom-W.

If you are thinking about walling Ekiller with Giratina, change dragon claw to dragon tail so it cant set up more after you WoW

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Hello there, your team looks good but there are still some VERY important changes you cab make, in order to make this team work more correctly.

First of all, with the aegislash you currently have, i'm afraid you'll be having problems dealing with sub xerneas, so I suggest you to use max specially defensive aegislash whose evs are: 252 sp def and 252 hp with careful nature. with these evs aegislash can deal with sub xerneas.

Moveset:

King's shield
Gyro ball
Toxic
Shadow sneak

Shadow ball is not good on aegislash whereas toxic is much better, it helps a lot against defoggers etc.

Secondly, giratina kills the momentum of the team since its much like an offensive team, so I suggest you to use ghostceus instead of giratina. ghostceus is also very decent at checking ekiller and the good thing is, its not dead weight as giratina.

Moveset and evs:

Judgment
Will-o-wisp
Recover
Calm mind

252 def, 120 hp and 136 speed with timid nature. With this speed your ghostceus will outspeed adamant ekiller.

actually there is no need for defog since your team doesn't have anything like yveltal, ho-oh etc.

Thirdly, your genesect moveset and evs needs a little changing.

Moveset:

Iron head: best STAB move in the game for any pokemon with great secondary effect. Hits like hell vs fairy types.

U-turn: another great STAB move for genesect.

Ice beam: for ground types.

Extreme speed: this move will help you in a lot of situations.

Evs:

252 attack, 252 speed and 4 sp atk with naive nature.

The reason I suggested you to change your genesect to a physical attacker is because it gets great physical attacking STAB moves and your team already consists of 3 special attacking mons, and its always good to have a strong physical attacker on your team.

And lastly, try using hidden power fire instead of aromatherapy, it helps greatly vs steel types such as ferrothorn (which is annoying for any team).

Hello there, your team looks good but there are still some VERY important changes you cab make, in order to make this team work more correctly.

First of all, with the aegislash you currently have, i'm afraid you'll be having problems dealing with sub xerneas, so I suggest you to use max specially defensive aegislash whose evs are: 252 sp def and 252 hp with careful nature. with these evs aegislash can deal with sub xerneas.

Moveset:

King's shield
Gyro ball
Toxic
Shadow sneak

Shadow ball is not good on aegislash whereas toxic is much better, it helps a lot against defoggers etc.

Secondly, giratina kills the momentum of the team since its much like an offensive team, so I suggest you to use ghostceus instead of giratina. ghostceus is also very decent at checking ekiller and the good thing is, its not dead weight as giratina.

Moveset and evs:

Judgment
Will-o-wisp
Recover
Calm mind

252 def, 120 hp and 136 speed with timid nature. With this speed your ghostceus will outspeed adamant ekiller.

actually there is no need for defog since your team doesn't have anything like yveltal, ho-oh etc.

Thirdly, your genesect moveset and evs needs a little changing.

Moveset:

Iron head: best STAB move in the game for any pokemon with great secondary effect. Hits like hell vs fairy types.

U-turn: another great STAB move for genesect.

Ice beam: for ground types.

Extreme speed: this move will help you in a lot of situations.

Evs:

252 attack, 252 speed and 4 sp atk with naive nature.

The reason I suggested you to change your genesect to a physical attacker is because it gets great physical attacking STAB moves and your team already consists of 3 special attacking mons, and its always good to have a strong physical attacker on your team.
And lastly, try using hidden power fire instead of aromatherapy, it helps greatly vs steel types such as ferrothorn (which is annoying for any team).
Said this about the Aegislash, he kept Shadow Ball for some reason :/. Also, remember he wants a Sassy nature, not Careful, so he can maximize Gyro Ball damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)