soo.....car accident...

well, two days ago i was on my way over to a friends house for a jolly good time when the unthinkable happened. i was stopped at a light and i heard this loud metal on metal screeching noise coming my direction. as i looked into my rearview mirror i noticed a rather large SUV careening towards me with sparks shooting out of its wheel wells. at this point i fucking panicked; i know we all say we'd be able to do it differently if it happened to us but holy shit i panicked. i went to throw it into first so i could haul ass out of the way but i dropped the clutch and stalled my car, i at least had it together enough to pull it out of gear and brace myself for the impact. it was the most horrifying and the longest split second of my life. i kept my tires straigt thinking that when i got hit i would just get slammed forward and coast down the road a ways before coming to a halt. funny how shit doesn't turn out the way you wanted it to. i was sent spinning into oncoming traffic and got sideswiped by a small sedan before traffic stopped. i woke up to the sirens that came 20 minutes later. when i came to i noticed that i couldn't move anything but my head and freaked out yet again. the medics told me that i just kept repeating "i am not fucking paralyzed, get up you fucking piece of shit" until my head cleared and i realized that i wasn't actually hurt all that badly. my car is totalled....my poor baby died, the driver of the SUV is in jail for driving under the influence and some other charges that i don't remember. the lady in the sedan that hit me after i was sent to her side of the road has minor whiplash but she and her two kids are fine. i have a concussion, three broken fingers and two cracked ribs but other than that and some pretty awesome bruises i am fine. i am still really shaken up by the whole ordeal and my baby is dead... i am more angry about that than anything though.

i've also learned that it isn't very easy typing with only 7 fingers....

i don't really want this to turn into a pity fest so instead of the "holy shit, i hope you are okay" comments lets hear some of your crash stories.

you can cry for my car if you want though, she deserves the grief.....:*(

this is kind of what my car looked like after the wreck, the only difference is my rear bumper is filling the area that my tires used to occupy....

When I was younger, my dad fell asleep at the wheel while we were comming home from a baseball game in Cathedral City. I was scared shitless but we were fine we just hit a center divider.

i am still really shaken up by the whole ordeal and my baby is dead... i am more angry about that than anything though.

That was the first thing I saw when I opened this.

Wow, that's horrible. What type of car was it?

My worst car experience is when a bicyclist (not motorcycle, bicycle) ran into our car while going down a hill. We just got a huge dent in the car, but the guy had to go to the ER :/

Good to hear that you survived though...that sounds like a hell of a wreck.

I've wrecked a few times myself so I'll share one of the cuter stories I have...

A few years ago, I went to go visit a girlfriend at her parents' place, on christmas eve. I drove over, hung out with her family, and had a good time. I ended up staying much later than I intended, and I got really, really, sleepy. I couldn't stay there since her parents were home (they are roman catholic) and I didn't really think about staying at a hotel so I decided "fuck it, I'll try to drive home." Well...I went into one of those interchnange turns on the freeway where you're suppose to only go like 20 miles an hour, except I had fallen asleep at the wheel. I wake up speeding into the right side wall on the overhang, manage to start turning, but couldn't maintain control and I spun out. When I stopped spinning, the right side of my car was against the left wall, overlooking the 10 Freeway.

That's right, I was facing the opposite direction on the freeway. :)

My car got smashed up real good. I destroyed the front end completely but managed to avoid any frame damage. I got out of my car, stopped traffic by standing there for a little bit, then turned my car around and drove it home. It took me about 1.5 months to fix the damage. Sheesh.

My cousin lost control of his car on a bend and totalled it about 5 days after he bought it, completly writing it off... He walked away unscathed..

2 days later the same cousin was in my others cousin B's car, they pulled out of a junction guy was doing about 70/80 smashed into the side, the Cousin B and cousin A both walked away unscathed, althouh cousin C had some pretty bad bruising and a fractured arm.

a few days after that cousin A and B were fixing a car (they are mechanics) and the casket exploded boiling hot water onto cousin B's face, cousin A avoided the incident.

So the moral of this story is, if I am ever near a car, I'm gonna throw that bastard in the way and hope i don't get hurt. :P

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Glad to hear you're okay vespa... and I know it's the last thing you're thinking about right now, but in a couple of years (or less) the settlement you're going to get from that drunk asshole's insurance company will be able to replace your baby 3 times over.

I have a really good crash story, but I can't be arsed to type it out. Long story short, I barrel-rolled my car off the road into the woods, doing 2 full rotations. All 4 people in my car walked away with minor injuries (even though one of the motherfuckers sued my 3 years later, even though he ADMITTED that his shoulder had always popped out of socket easily).

ouch. i got confused the first time and thought you were talking about an actual baby...i'm gonna remember this when i start driving...

Sorry to hear that happen to you, Vespa, but it's good to see that you were not seriously injured in it. After all of the videos and clips we have seen, people are still stupid and hard-headed enough to drive under the influence. But like DM said, after settlement you get, you will have a new baby in no time, while the other guy will be using whatever he can find to get around, (Bike, Bus, Legs, etc). Most likely his legs, but definitely not his car. :D

That's scary...I almost had one myself today, damn person making an improper turn almost T-boned me...

Glad to hear you're ok though. It's just scary what can happen out on the road sometimes.

I was on a bike the last time I got hit by a car. bike went under, I went over. Kickstand went through my ankle.

I got surgery and now I can't walk for more than ten minutes at a time without sharp pain and needing to sit. Can't stand for more than an hour or so.

The lady who hit me was a 19 year old girl blasting through a yellow light.
My bike's brakes were broken, which I didn't find out until I coasted into the street. The person right behind her was a lawyer, but jumped to her defense, saying "Since she was going the wrong way on a one way street on a bike, there's no way she'd win a case", so I got nothing out of it.

And then a long career of competitive video gaming happened :p

Our school bus got into a head-on collision with a tree... it was at a fork in the road and since he apparently couldn't decide to go right or left, the driver went dead center. He was probably asleep or something. Thankfully we were only going 25/30ish but man, that's the worst way ever to be woken up...

Then he lied to the school and somehow kept his job. =/

I dont have any epic car crashes from my point of view because they weren't anything big. My dad was in a really big crash though. He was turning onto the street we live on waiting in the turning lane when a truck was speeding down and hit my dad. It was horrible since a lot of the impact went into him because he had to embrace for the hit. He has gotten somewhat better since then still is somewhat a wreck.

I probably almost got into an accident today. I was about 200 feet away from the light and it turned yellow, but I kept going instead of stopping like the car next to me did. A driver of the car wanting to turn left assumed that I'd stop and was in the middle of turning when he/she realized I wasn't going to stop and stopped. I slid over to the right a bit. Would have definitely been a collision had the driver not realized what I was about to do.

that sucks. For a seconded when you said "my baby died", i though thats horrible(thinking its a human baby). That looks like a really nice car. Hopefully the insurance comes through, or something. Well good luck with everything

wow, i know someone with the same car as yours. his is also orange. weird.
also, ive been hit on my bike. granted, it was a slow collision and kinda my fault, but still kinda scary. i was biking up a hill (on the wrong side, but thats cuz theres no sidewalk on the otherside, and i was like, 12) to school and theres this freeway exit onto the street. so theres this lady whos stopped and looking left, waiting for an opening to go which is weird cuz no cars were coming, so i assume shes just waiting for the light. the light is still green for me so i go, assuming that since she hasnt movd for about 10 seconds, she isnt going to move until the light goes greeen for her.
i assumed wrong. right as i get in front of here, she starts to move, so im like, WTF, FUCK, cuz there was about five feet between her and me, so i attempt to jump off the bike before she hits me, which is a hard feat when wearing a 15 pound backpack. i managed to get off in time and sorta roll out of the way, she hit the pedal of the bike which gets hit forward about five or ten feet, and then she drives off. doesnt even stop to see if im okay. someone else stopped to see if i was okay and inform me that she [the driver] had technically just pulled a hit and run maneuver.

My only real crash story is from when I was on my bike, practicing my hands free riding, and I hit a car and just fly over it. The owner said that since there weren't any major issues with the car and because I looked funny flying, that he'd rather get me some water and a bandage than anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)