Sorry for the fill up. I need help here

Sorry about this guys *Scratches head*. I didn't mean for this topic to get locked over and over. I am having a hard time going into detail on how I intend to use this team of mine. I'll try one more time, if it fails, I'll move on.

Dewgong @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
Thick Fat
EV's-252 Def, 252 Spec Def, 6 HP
- Disable
- Encore
- Rest
- Ice Shard

Encore + Disable. Make em use struggle over and over. It'll kill em really fast. Ice Shard for end kills or super weakness strikes and rest when I get weak. Mainly he is built to take shots more than give them. If I can't do both encore and disable before death I'll only disable the attack instead.

Spiritomb @ Lum Berry
Bold Nature
Pressure
EV's - 252 Def, 252 Spec Def, 6HP
- Curse
- Spite
- Protect
- Rest

Curse them and alter between protect and spite until I get weak which I rest up and fully heal. Stall em until the curse Kills em. Again, another wall. Basicly this is more advanced than my Dewgong as he can wipe out the opponent in a few turns. I made this set because I realize curse effects every Pokemon so I can avoid side effects and safegaurds. If an opponent tried a threatening move, I'll spite it away.

Swallot @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
Toxic Ooze
EV's - 200 Def, 200 Spec Def, 110HP
- Stock Pile
- Swallow
- Toxic
- Water Pulse (Confusion possibility and it does well on the grounds)

I stockpile up my defences, toxic them, then try to confuse em. If I get weak I swallow the stockpiles and repeat the procedure. It isn't fully effective but it has ALWAYS been a great help to me on the occasion I don't fight psychics or steels. Nothing big really. Wall the moves and heal when I get weak. Basicly less advanced than the others but focuses similarly to them as well in that he is a wall as well.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Synthesis
EV's - 252 Sped Daf, 200 Def, 58 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Amnesia

Put them to sleep, leech seed em, and then kick my Spec Def over the roof while ocasionaly sucking HP off them with giga drain. Leftovers pose as a tertiary healing point so it is all for the healing and draining. Not so effective but can keep his HP high. I made this one more of a drain abuser. Sucking HP out with two moves and healing with his item provide a decent portion of HP healed each turn. Being the most common ice move used is Ice Beam, I chose Amnesia over my once intended U Turn.

Umbreon @ Quick Claw
Bold Nature
Synchronise
EV's - 252 Def, 252 Spec Def, 6 HP
Toxic
Wish
Protect
Confuse Ray

I make a wish, Poison them, wish, confuse em, wish, protect, etc. I let em faint of poisoning and confusion. The perfect stall Pokemon too. I find him even better than Shuckle. WALL! This is my wall king. Just when you think he is dead, I wish stall and heal fifty percent of my HP. While you're trying to get me back down, chances are, you'll die of my poison. This one of my few non-direct attacks who I base on the attempt to kill through status effect. Of course he is stalled with safegaurd, but I gave him wish and protect to alow him to hold on the five turns.

Politoad @ Salac Berry
Bold Nature
Swift Swim
EV's - 252 Def, 252 Spec Def, 6HP
Perish Song
Whirlpool
Hypnosis
Rain Dance

Hypnosis, whirlpool, Perish Song, Rain Dance, repeat. Trap them in the battle, get them asleep, and then place them on a life timer, switching out at the last moment. It is a traditional battle method for people who like to go strategic but I always loved it. This is not as much of a wall as it combines what I did with Jumpluff and a typical staller. Hold the opponent in with Whirlpool, Rain Dance in the beginning sometimes to speed up, if it fails, I have Salac Berry to speed me up too. Tehnicly, even though he is in spot six, I tend to send him out second rather than later on so I'll have more switching options to save him.

Well, I feel a little hesitant to even rate your team after your PM, but I feel that in order to help people create a better team, I must ignore all outside arguments. Basically all these Pokemon do a better job at the role that your Pokemon are doing. And I hope that you're planning on using this team for OU, since you didn't bother to write down a tier, I assumed it was OU, as are most RMTs here.

Dewgong Replacement:

Ok, well first off, your lead is terrible. If you want to start with an Ice type, Froslass or Mamoswine is your best option. Since you have Spiritomb as a Ghost, change the lead to Mamoswine. Here's a good set:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Adament Nature
Snow Cloak Ability
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor

This set is probably the best lead for your team. With this Mamoswine, you can set up Stealth Rock early in the game. Earthquake provides you with strong STAB that allows you to OHKO Heatran through Shuca Berry and hurts Metagross. Ice Shard when paired with Earthquake is only resisted by Bronzong, so you should no problem picking off leads with Earthquake and Ice Shard. Endeavor is a novelty item that few leads have, the other most important one being Infernape. Endeavor basically brings your opponent's HP down to your HP. That's where Focus Sash comes in. Due to Mamoswine's Ice/Ground typing, he is not hit by Hail nor Sandstorm, meaning that weather won't ruin Focus Sash, unlike Infernape who is weak to both. So, you Endeavor when you feel an attack is coming, then pick off that Pokemon with Ice Shard. Ice Shard also 2HKO's Roserade leads who think they can sleep you with a 75% accuracy move.

Spiritomb Replacement:

Curse + Spite is way too gimmicky for this Metagame. So, to fix that problem, I suggest a Choice Specs Latias set. She can deal with problems that the rest of your team has and she hits very, very hard.

Latias @ Choice Specs
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

This set allows you to deal extremely high damage with Draco Meteor, which is STAB'd and raised to great heights with Choice Specs. Surf provides you with strong coverage, Water + Dragon is only resisted by Empoleon in OU. To fix that, using Thunderbolt for the last slot allows you to deal with generally all the Pokemon in OU. Trick is the surprise move. Trick helps you to deal with Blissey and the like by basically screwing them over.

Swalot Replacement:

In my opinion, Stockpile is basically a weak version of Cosmic Power. But, if you put a Cosmic Power type move onto an offensive Pokemon, you can create wonders. For this reason, I suggest you replace Swalot with Jirachi. Here's the moveset:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
252 HP/80 SpA/176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

A very offensive Jirachi with still a little bulk. 252 HP EVs allow you to create 101 Subs that are not broken in one hit by Blissey's Seismic Toss. After a couple of Calm Mind, not even Blissey's Super Effective Flamethrower can break the Sub. Calm Mind allows you to raise your Special Attack and Special Defense at the same time. When you throw in Substitute, you can Calm Mind easily without having to worry about statuses that can hurt Jirachi such as paralysis and burn. Thunderbolt provides great coverage when paired with your STAB, Flash Cannon to hit a lot of Pokemon for neutral or better, barring Magnezone.

Jumpluff Replacement:

If you're looking for a great Sleep Powder user and a Leech Seed user, then you're in luck. Because with Tangrowth, you get a physical wall + Sleep Powder + Leech Seed all wrapped in one. Tangrowth can absorb hits from the likes of Salamence, Gyarados, and even Scizor. Here's a great Tangrowth set:

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
Chlorophyll Ability
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

With the already awesome base stats of 100 HP, 125 Def and 100 Atk, it's amazing that not many people use Tangrowth. Sleep Powder allows you to disable a key member of your opponent's team if you predict right. Leech Seed allows you to heal Tangrowth, yet at the same time, you can scout your opponent's team by making them switch. Knock Off is a great move as it allows you to basically eliminate an item that your opponent is using that could potentially harm your team. Finally, Power Whip is your STAB that can damage Gyarados if you needed to.

Umbreon Replacement:

It looks like you need a powerful Curser who can also help your team with it's abilities, well, I think that Curser should be Snorlax. Snorlax's general bulk when paired with Curse is astronomical. After a few Curses, Snorlax is one tough cookie to take down. Here's a good set to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
168 HP/120 Def/220 SpD
Thick Fat Ability
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- Rest

This Snorlax set allows you to get a few Curses down and then sweep the rest of the opponent's team. With the rest of the powerhouses on your team, you should be able to switch into various special Fire and Ice Pokemon such as Heatran, Moltres, Glaceon and Walrein. Curse allows you to raise your attack and defense to extreme levels. With Body Slam being your STAB you can essentially paralyze your opponents early in the game, if you needed the paralysis and then destroy them later with Curse + Body Slam. Fire Punch gives you great coverage with Body Slam allowing you to hit Steels, not named Heatran. Rest essentially allows you to re-heal and begin the pain again. Be careful though, if you use Curse early in the game, your opponent might keep Infernape 'till the end, and you don't want him to kill you with Close Combat.

Politoad Replacement:

A Salac berry on a Politoad just isn't going to cut it in OU. You're better off using a Sub + Bulk Up Poliwrath. But, let's fix this problem. In order to get you the power and speed that you want, while still following the water typing, I recommend a Gyarados. His typing fares really well when combined with the typing of the rest of your team. To show you what I mean, here's a great set for him:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Adament Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

The great coverage provided by Gyarados is basically matched with a Curse Swampert set. Except that Gyarados typing and ability allows him to switch into many common moves such as Grass Knot and not be OHKOed. Dragon Dance increases your attack and speed at the same time. Waterfall provides you with great STAB and when combined with Earthquake and Ice Fang, nothing in OU resists it. Ice Fang allows you to OHKO Salamence and Latias, after a Dragon Dance though. Earthquake is generally a great move, but when combined with Ice Fang, you have the same type combo as Mamoswine except with a STAB water attack. Earthquake hurts Jirachi and Metagross more than Waterfall and deals with other Steels and Electrics such as Magnezone and Jolteon.

So, to conclude, here's what your team should be after this rate:

- Mamoswine
- Latias
- Jirachi
- Tangrowth
- Snorlax
- Gyarados

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. Good Luck with your team!

- LB -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)