Spamming Rock Types - A Monotype RMT

Overview

What does Monotype mean?

Monotype battles are battles where you are only allowed to use one type, with one exception. I've only recently got into it, and its fantastic, and it certainly teaches you about the game, because you may have to play against an all Electric team or something, which, in theory, should murder you.

@Choice Band

Adamant - 252 Atk/252 HP/6 Def
Crunch
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Outrage

Analysis - I don't get why people don't use Outrage on Tyranitar, when they use it on stuff like Garchomp... GEC told me to put this in, for the huge amount of power it has.

Replacements - Do I need to?

@Focus Sash
Adamant - 252 Atk/216 Spd/40 HP
Double Edge
Taunt
Pursuit
Stealth Rock

Analysis - GEC told me to have a Focus Sashed Taunt/Stealth Rocker, and it seemed to work well on the Smogon Shoddy server. So now its here. Sp Def boost is awesome, so meh.

Replacements - Once again, do I need to?
@Choice Scarf
Modest - 252 SpAtk/252 Spd/6 HP
Sleep Talk
Ancient Power
Ice Beam
Surf

Analysis - Put Surf Ancient Power in over HP Grass, because its rubbish. I also put a Scarf on it so that it can outspeed some stuff.

Replacements - you tell me, why don't you?

@Leftovers

Careful - 252 HP/164 Def/92 SpD
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Recover
Toxic

Analysis - This guy is my SR-layer, and status-inflicter. It has the fantastic recovery move, Recover. This guy can take hits like Mike Tyson, the bish. Anyway, yeah, he's on the team. Now, I've also got the SpDef boost from the Sand, so yeah. And I've put Stone Edge over SR, because Aero has SR now.

Replacements - Don't need to.

@Wise Glasses
Timid - 108HP/164SpA/236 Spd
Calm Mind
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fighting

Analysis - I have a huge fighting weakness, and this can switch in on stuff like Hera, and take no damage. Lol, Banana remembered this and suggested it...

Replacements - Fuck You, this isn't going anywhere.

@Leftovers
Calm - 252 HP/168 SpD/88 Spd
Explosion
Thunder Wave
Earth Power
Flash Cannon

Analysis - I've taken out SR from the standard set, and replaced it with Explosion. It can then 'go out with a bang' according to the Smogon analysis.

Replacements - none.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Where's T-tar and Probopass's set in all this? And you know Aero gets Rock Head, right?

Also, I know T-tar's there to set up the Sandstorm, but what's the point of Rain Dance on Kabutops when you have only two Swift Swimmers? Not to mention having them on the team actually hurts it because you'll be removing the SpDef bonus Sandstorm gives

I'm still editting it - I've been moving in and out of this place for a while now.

EDIT; Finished the team. The sixth spot is just filler, because I want to know what to put in there.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Again, what's the point of having two Swift Swimmers? They don't really work very well on this team because of the whole Sandstorm thing. Might as well make Omastar a Toxic Spiker or something. Also, what tier are you planning on using this team?

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're absolutely set on a Monotype Rock team you could use Scarf Relicanth or Rampardos to hit stuff really hard, or Shuckle for being an annoying wall. I'd try to watch for other Swift Swimmers and Rain Dance teams as they will most likely have the upper hand with Surf doing twice as much damage to all your Rock mons, and add to the fact that you don't want T-tar on the team doesn't help at all.

haha, for a mono-rock team, you don't have a single rock attack... what gives?

Kabutops is way too frail to try and set up. Go with a CBer: AquaJet/Stone Edge/X-Scissors/Waterfall or even Rapid Spin.

If you want Omastar to absorb status like that, I'd go with something more like Bold @ lefties: Surf/Rest/Stalk/Spikes or TSpikes.

If you do nothing else, atleast give Aero a STAB move.

5/6 of your team is either 2x weak or 4x weak fighting(I put aero in that list too, because its killed by lost stab fighting attacks anyways)

At the very least I'd try to get Regirock or Reflect Solrock on this team (preferably both) to deal with the inevitable fighting weak a Mono-Rock team is really going to struggle with.

Solrock has an EQ immunity without being weak to SR and I think that would be a big help. As someone already mentioned, Shuckle in a Sandstorm is also a brilliant wall to have, and it is neutral to Fighting so it may help.

I personally think you should keep Tyranitar, and more than that, set him up as your lead. The special defense boost is something you want as soon as possible, and the residual damage is also nice early on.

I would recommend the Lead Tar build from the analysis http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/tyranitar
Otherwise, Aero works well.

Also, I'm seconding Phoenix's suggestion to work Regirock in there. I've really liked the Counter set, so it might be something to test out for yourself. Solrock would also fit nicely into your team.

Probably drop Kabutops and Probopass. Omastar can really help you out by laying toxic spikes. Toxic damage coupled with Sandstorm damage is pretty nice.

where is the stabed stone edge on aerodactyl??

i would make aero jolly and max, or at least 220 EVs to outspeed by 1 point whoever runs standard smogon aerodactyl as a lead... (i lead with aerodactyl quite often :))

as said before scarfcross sweep your entire team (and they are indeed quite common)

Thanks for all the help.

For everybody saying I'm weak to fighting types, please remember that I can have 1 non-Rock type over whatever I want to go.

Any more rates?

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For everybody saying I'm weak to fighting types, please remember that I can have 1 non-Rock type over whatever I want to go.
Well then do it lol. Gliscor over either Kabutops or Omastar is perfect. Rain + Ttar isn't good which I'm not sure you've noticed. Sand is way more beneficial for your team than rain, so stick with that.

Also what's up with your lack of Rock attacks? hehehe.

IMO make Aero one of those Taunt + SR @ Focus Sash ones. With that, make Tar a CB One for insane power, and to get rid of Starmie/Gar which would give you trouble other wise. 252 HP/216 Sp.Defence/40 Attack is the best spread for that.

Fighting weak... ScarfCross > you.

What about your ol' Pal biscuits the mismaggy? It stops fighters dead because they can't hit you. It also provides special attacking and helps you deal with stuff like Scarfcross. It sets up CM's and can rape. Also has T-bolt to dead with waters without using HP grass 65...

Your reason for HP Grass 65 is crap. Why would you use it on rhyperior when youve got STAB surf? ¬_¬ HP electric so you have a HOPE of killing Waters if you don't use Tbolt mismaggy.

Pursuit isn't hitting leads hard at all. Gengar isn't gonna switch when it can Tbolt you dead is it? Put rock slide there because Stone edge misses and Aero can flinchhax. Gyarados and Salamence are gonna fear rock moves anyway. I also <3 taunt on Aero, but that's just me.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
You do realize that this is a mono type team? ^^ And a STABed Surf is more powerful then a super effective Hidden Power Electric.

How come you run Rain Dance in a mono Rock team? It does really benefit your opponent more then what it benefit you, as a Starmie or even Vaporeon now may sweep your team due som really powerful Surf. You should really just stick to, and abuse the Sandstorm.
I'm also going to agree with the above poster, and say that you got a real bad Fighting weakness. Shuckle is definitely the Rock Pokémon who can take STABed Fighting attacks the best, but isn't really going to do shit in return. Consider running a really, really bulky RestTalk Armaldo, or something in that direction.

WTF. Why are you running HP Grass for Rhyperior when you have a STAB Surf which hurts more. Omastar could also use HP Rock or something, which allows it to hurt flyers more, most importantly Gyarados who walls you otherwise.

Okay, Ancientpower over HP Grass? Remove Kabutops, put Gliscor over it.

Put Tyranitar in as the lead.

Good enough to-do list?

I'd make this into a Sandstorm team:

Replace Omastar with:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish
200 HP / 252 DEF / 56 Atk
Sand Stream
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Ice Fang
Roar/Yawn
Stealth Rock

Other things that will work well in here:

Skarmory - Physical Wall
Heatran - Special Attacker
Gliscor - Physical Wall/Annoyer

SU

I'd make this into a Sandstorm team:

Replace Omastar with:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish
200 HP / 252 DEF / 56 Atk
Sand Stream
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Ice Fang
Roar/Yawn
Stealth Rock

Other things that will work well in here:

Skarmory - Physical Wall
Heatran - Special Attacker
Gliscor - Physical Wall/Annoyer

SU
I swear no one reads anymore.. this is a monorock team none of the pokemon you suggested are rock type!

Also, teams looks fine to me only think is outrage ive never seen on Tytanitar..

No one uses Outrage on Leadtar set because of the insane amount of Bronzong leads. That's why I use Lum Berry on my anti lead tar.

I swear no one reads anymore.. this is a monorock team none of the pokemon you suggested are rock type!

Also, teams looks fine to me only think is outrage ive never seen on Tytanitar..
I did read actually. If you read my post, you'd understand that i suggested it to be turned into a Sandstorm team.

BTW, how the heck is it Monorock? It ahs Mismagius. Explain that.

SU

I did read actually. If you read my post, you'd understand that i suggested it to be turned into a Sandstorm team.

BTW, how the heck is it Monorock? It ahs Mismagius. Explain that.

SU

If u read his post you would know he plays in mono rule games so he cant have a sandstorm team it has to be all one type plus 1 wildcard to follow the rules of the game type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)