ORAS OU Spanish Flea

Spanish Flea (Oras OU Semi-Stall)
MegaScizor_XY.gif
Amoonguss_XY.gif
slowbro_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48zu.gif
landorus-therian.gif
Clefable_XY.gif
Latias_XY.gif

Hey, all! I'm Intellectual Potato, the internet nerd that has way too much time on his hands! I made this team a few weeks ago with the purpose of stall but I added a few mons to make it a semi-stall The basic idea of the current team is switching without consequence while stacking damage on opposing teams. With a duel regenerator core along with duel u-turn it's clear i'm going to be doing a lot of switching. Well lets get started!

The Team:
MegaScizor_XY.gif

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Mega scizor is great for my team, especially as a defogger. It has u-turn which goes great with the dynamic of my team as well as roost for decent recovery. But the real charm point from this monster is defog. With the "gimmick" of my team being switching I need hazard control, and at glance most players assume my scizor is SD, which usually allows me to get free defogs. Scizor is also has an amazing type, which makes it only weak to fire. (great for any team but works especially well for mine)

Amoonguss_XY.gif

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Amoongus is a great addition to my team because it forms a good type core with slowbro, and it's one of my first 2 regenerator pokemon. (I'll get more into the duel regenerator combo a little later on) Spore, as well as clear smog is very helpful for temporarily shutting down potential threats. It's also the only pokemon on my team that has a fire move, and is the only real check to ferrothorn. Which is why it is very important to keep this little guy alive. But with regenerator and a great defogger like mega scizor it usually doesn't get knocked out too easily.

slowbro_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48zu.gif

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
So far, a lot of pokemon can sweep my team easy, but slowbro can put a stop to that. It gets both scald and thunder wave with an increadable phy def stat which means it puts almost all physical sweepers to a stop (better then physically defensive unaware clefable) I chose it mainly for the purpose of forming the duel regenerator core but it gave me much much more then I ever could have hoped to receive! It's also the 3rd pokemon on my team that has access to recovery without me even scouting specifically for pokemon that have it, which is a great thing for any stall team!

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
Landorus is my 2nd pokemon with u-turn and first with intimidate. Intimidate is very useful because physical attackers are usually the pokemon that can do big damage to stall teams. It's actually the only pokemon on my team with knock off, so it's very useful against other stall teams as well. It also gets stealth rocks, which can be increadably helpful for my team, especially against huge threats like charizard-Y.

Clefable_XY.gif

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
I know the EV spread is a bit unconventional, but unaware clefable kind of works as a special wall. So far, most of my pokemon have been mainly physical walls and if not, mostly physical mixed walls and I feel like clefable changes that. I mentioned already how slowbro stops certain physical sweepers and because of that I thought that I didn't need physically defensive clefable. Although, unaware can come in handy if the pokemon setting up isn't very offensive from the start. For example, serperior or calm mind slowbro. They can knock out my slowbro but they can't get passed this wall! It also provides heal bell which can prove to be an important asset to my team especially when running a stall team, because without this toxic knocks out half of my team. Wish protect also might seem a little strange concitering only 1 pokemon on my team doesn't have recovery, but it means even more 100% safe switch ins, which my team seems to enjoy.

Latias_XY.gif

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog
Durring the making of this team volcanion was unexpectently released. So far, my team was increadibly weak to it (and it's defensive counter part heatran to some extent) Here is a list of calcs that proves so. Anyways, I wanted a counter that could take hits, hit hard, provide defog incase rocks are up and I need a clear path into another mon while another pokemon switches in and something that could get 100% safe switches (healing wish). Latias did this. It sounds like a filler and it totally is, but it gets the job done as a special wall and fills the gap in my team that's countered by elemental attackers.

Checks and Counters
Mini-212-Mega.png
-
Other mega scizors can count as a huge threat, especially with swords dance. I don't have much to stop it other then slowbro and even then it's really chance since knock off can OHKO after 1 or 2 SDs.

598MS.png
- Ferrothorn is especially annoying on other stall teams because the only thing I really have that can hit it semi-hard is amoongus, and even then it does about 40% with HP Fire at most. It's especially bad if it has power whip because it means I can't rely on duel regenerator.

mega charizard y.png
- Charizard y is the main threat to my team, because it 2HKOs just about every thing on my team so I have absolutly no safe switch ins. My only hope is wish protect spam with clefable trying to get rid of that damn sun!

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Thats the team! Is it good? Let me know in your rate. Have a nice day!

Attachments

Last edited:

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, that looks like a solid team by looking at the choice of the Pokemon, however it is way too passive and has no way of really damaging opposing teams. You also don't have a wincon like stated earlier so your team just sits there and nothing happens besides Rocks damage and maybe Scald burns.

First of all I recommend Scizor with SD>Defog. If you weaken or cripple its checks you can set up late game and try to win with it. Because this team struggles with Bisharp you should run 44 EV attack investment, so +2 U-Turn kills it after recoil from one hit with Life Orb and Rocks damage. Nevertheless, Bisharp will still be problematic and the only way to handle it in a better way is by replacing Lando, but I'll get to that later.
>

Not a big change but Slowking>Slowbro brings more SpD (for Volcanion and weaker Grass types) to the team while also having access to Nasty Plot. In combination with Scald and Psyshock it is able to break through bulkier teams and can win setup wars with mons that use CM.
>

Amoonguss roles are already covered by Scizor (Fairy check) and Slowking+Latias (water/Keldeo switchin) making it redundant on the team. AV Tornadus brings speed to the team and can revenge threats which can break through your team like M-Pinsir, M-Gallade and M-Medicham. It also helps with opposing Grass types like M-Venusaur and Amoonguss while being able to take hits from Gengar and M-Alakazam, with which your team struggle a lot. With Heat Wave you can still damage Ferrothorn, Magnezone and Bisharp heavily while U-turn gives momenum.

We move on to Clefable, I recommend the standard Magic Guard CM set with T-Wave. You can paralyze checks to Scizor like Talonflame, Heatran, M-Venu and Charizard Y so Scizor outspeeds them and can U-turn or kill them when they are weakened. Tornadus further pressures Heatran by removing its item so Clefable has better chances to win by setting up.

This needs Defog now. Roost should also be on this set to guarantee hazard removal throughout the game, otherwise with Spikes and Rocks up, 3hkos will turn into 2hkos on Slowking and Scizor. Also BoltBeam on Latias helps vs. Gliscor which is very threatening to the team. It gets a +2 boost on Lando and you'll be in trouble. There is no room on Torn-T to run HP Ice, so Latias will have Ice Beam. Thunderbolt is for bulkier water types like Manaphy, Slowbro and Suicune, while also doing a chunk to Heatran and Talonflame.

Just a small change on this: Since you now run Knock Off on Tornadus, you can run Stone Edge instead, that way you can kill birds like M-Pinsir, Talonflame and Tornadus better.
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Nasty Plot

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Weaknesses and other options: Still the team has some weaknesses, for example to faster electric types. Raikou, Manectric and Magnezone can be dealt with 1v1 pretty comfortably, but if they gain momentum by Volt Swich, the opponent will have the upper hand most of the time. This could be fixed by running an other bulky Ground type over Lando, for example Quagsire, Gastrodon or Seismitoad, some of which help with the Bisharp weakness and add more physical bulk with recovery, while also helping out verses opposing Scizor. With this change, Stealth Rock has to be moved to Clefable, then it can't run T-Wave or CM so its not as effective, then another Pokemon has to take some of its jobs. If you really want to go that route, then you have to make adjustments so you should take your time, be open to new changes and test it too.
Other weaknesses include Fairies with Fire covarage, especially Gardevoir with HP Fire or Will-O can cripple your Scizor or break your team. Against M-Gyara you have to make it mega evolve and then hit it with a U-Turn from Scizor, or just burn it with Slowking if you are lucky.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)