Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main factor into what's been winning games for me is the speed factor.

Now though I usually just go with max speed regardless, I'm looking at specific choice scarf users, various DDers, and Rock Polish TTar, and I came up with a question that's particularly hard to test without some seriously controlled environments. Which I can't really get because Nobody's going to give me the speed stats of they're entire team for a test, when later I can pwn them with that information.

Now the test, or now I guess it'd be a question, is how much higher does the speed stat have to be for it to go before the opponent. If the answer is as simple as one, I'll hit myself. But I've come across situations like this.

DDTTar w/1 DD = 404 speed.
Standard Scarfcross(I Know cause I was helping a serebii kid test his team) 403 speed.

I Give him a free kill cause I'm already 5-1

My Gyra didn't go first, his scarf cross did.

So to quote Mekkah. is there a "Magic Number" To become faster, or is there some other factor I'm not seeing???

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Speed is pretty much a simple comparison - if you have 202 speed, and your opponent has 201, you will ALWAYS go first, guaranteed. If speed ties, then there is an element of randomness.

EDIT: Also, what? Tyranitar with one DD is AT MOST 364 speed, not 404... a DD boost raises your speed to 1.5x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)