SPL IX - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, a 1 year (minimum) tourban for ghosting when the combined record of the people involved being 2-3 sounds too harsh for me, or maybe qwily can't actually ghost and decided to fuck the other two players pokemon careers

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I mean, yeah I know ghosting is bad, but if you can't go positive with ghosting that's just sad.
I don't see how the result matters one way or another. You're cheating and compromising the tournament regardless of if you win or lose just by having someone ghost you or ghosting someone in the first place and that, in itself, is what is punishable. The result should be irrelevant to the punishment and this punishment given fits the bill for this type of tournament cheating, plain and simple.

Garou

Banned deucer.
I don't know, a 1 year (minimum) tourban for ghosting when the combined record of the people involved being 2-3 sounds too harsh for me, or maybe qwily can't actually ghost and decided to fuck the other two players pokemon careers
even in this scenario, for the two players that lost it would be a blow to them, and also to their team, regardless of if they went negative, and also as people have said above its against the integrity of the tournament. if someone was on steroids in a running race and came beat you because of it regardless of if they won the whole race or just did better than you you're going to be annoyed, and it compromises the idea of a fair playing field. thats the situation here, plus if u need to work with other people to win in a game designed for 3 year olds u should deadass be punished just for that bc u clearly have too many chromosomes

Kenkani

Banned deucer.
Quick question: as the pleb I am supporting West Ham in the real life premier league, what team is the equivalent to West Ham on smogon? Probably not one of the better teams, since being brutal, West Ham are in a rough spot, but not the worst team, so the not the one with the autists. I'm honestly stuck, so pls give suggestions on who to support!

E: I'm leaning more towards ruiners but idk

i mean this is probably the shortest ban ever (possibly, idk) and he made one post that was slightly off-topic.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello dear Smogonites.

During week 9, an ORAS game between Znain, of The Congregation of the Classiest; and Gondra, of Team Raiders, was played. Znain had tested his team with a user named Miguelmart prior to the game. Miguelmart proceeded to leak the team to Gondra. Gondra told his team about getting his opponent's team leaked and said that a team of his had a good matchup versus the team. Several users on the team made comments related to the leak and/or the team that Gondra intended to use, including tournament directors Jirachee (seen in the below log as "champagnepapi") and Pearl. Nobody on Team Raiders (a team with three tournament directors, where at least one and possibly all three witnessed the leak) contacted a member of The Congregation of the Classiest to inform us that our team had been leaked, and the issue was not raised with other tournament directors before the conclusion of the game. Upon Znain asking Gondra, Gondra confirmed that Miguelmart had leaked the team to him.

Upon receiving the information that our team had been leaked in advance, accompanied by logs proving the fact, I contacted tournament director Tony on Sunday. He at some point between Sunday and Monday started a discussion with tournament directors ABR, Luigi and Quite Quiet as well as tournament host OP and shared what I knew. At the time of me reporting what I knew, Raiders were 7-1 and the game between Znain and Gondra had taken Raiders to the coveted seventh win.
The group has, according to Tony, concluded that nobody on Team Raiders will be punished. As of me writing this, Miguelmart is also not punished for his actions. When Tony was asked how proceedings were, these have been his responses:

"Tony - Last Monday at 18:38
i can imagine
i made a pm with abr gb and the hosts
and we went over what you sent me
we're not really sure if there's enough to actually punish anyone on raiders"

"Tony - Today at 16:57
Well we can't do anything in terms of punishing Gondra
There's no logs between him and Miguel"

As of my most recent contact with Tony, no TD had contacted Gondra, and presumably not Miguelmart either. No punishment is planned for any member of Team Raiders. It is not clear to me whether there is any intention of punishing Miguelmart from the tournament directors side.

Below I have attached logs detailing the source material I have used to reach these conclusions.
https://puu.sh/zIl0i/ed2a581839.txt - initial leak discussion
https://puu.sh/zIl4N/af3fbbc399.txt - members of Team Raiders confirming the validity of the leak during the game
https://puu.sh/zIl8K/351710828f.txt - Znain deducing the identity of the leaker and confirming the identity with Gondra

Somebody with the powers to delete messages in the Team Raiders discord has deleted the messages in the relevant channel: https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net...7nEPraOhtQs/https/puu.sh/zInAh/4b925bd6c4.png

---

The reason I did not share this information with the public at large earlier was because I believed the Tournament Directors team would take bigger measures than they currently have. It saddens me to say that I no longer have the same faith, and I've thus decided to share this.

I do not believe that Miguelmart should go unpunished, as he currently is. I believe this is a very easy decision to make and an easy investigative process if one is deemed necessary. There is to me no reason to have not made any progress in this process.

I do not believe that we should have tournament directors that are OK with others openly cheating, provided that it benefits them. Speaking as a former head TD, I believe that the only acceptable responses in this situation would be to inform the opposing team and the tournament director team at large that there had been a transgression. The fact that we currently have tournament directors that willingly choose inaction over action in a situation where they personally benefit from inaction makes their integrity and their leadership roles very questionable.

I do not believe that a game where one party has been on the receiving end of a team leak should be called as valid, which indeed was also the ruling in the Snake game of Dundies vs. GOAO, where Dundies team had been leaked to GOAO beforehand.

I do not believe that it should be allowed to neglect to inform your opponent that their team has been leaked in advance. Playing a game where you've been the recipient of a team leak is not something I believe Smogon tournaments should promote, but as of right now, the team of Tournament Directors seem to be of the opinion that it is acceptable to not inform opponents of team leaks and that the only offending party is the leaker.

I am calling out FLCL and/or Pearl to publicly show the Audit log of their Discord server from Sunday until today, as there is reason to believe that incriminating messages have been deleted by someone in control there - see the following link for an example image on how this should look: https://puu.sh/zIolb/b3a017fe32.png

I want Tournament Directors involved on team Raiders that neglected to inform their opponents to step down from their current position.
I want appropriate punishments for any leader on Team Raiders found to have been deleting messages in their Discord server.
I want Miguelmart to be tournament banned.
I want Gondra to be infracted or tournament banned for neglecting to inform his opponent that the team Znain was using got leaked to him in advance.
I want the game between Znain and Gondra to be nullified.
I want Tournament Directors not on Team Raiders to handle this situation as seriously as it should be; as there are severe indications of wrongdoing.

Thanks.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
based on the following interaction between users pearl and miguelmart i too think that the former must be punished accordingly

thanks for bringing the issue into light Isa and i hope this evidence helps you sleep better at night
[16:40:04] &Pearl ★: hey miguelmart
[16:40:10] +Miguelmart $$$: yes?
[16:40:10] &Pearl ★: i am miguel non mart
[16:40:12] &Pearl ★: nice to meet you
[16:40:19] +Miguelmart $$$: i see

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I get wanting to punish Miguelmart, but wanting to get the TDs out of their position (which is the most you'll be able to do to them) for something so controversial is actually kind of stupid and is not even a punishment. They basically just get freed up and get more free time, good luck finding people who actually wants to do this horrendous of a task, for free and be somewhat competent at it

Right so the users who’re supposed to uphold the integrity of tournaments, should be allowed to simultaneously undermine them, because no one else wants to do the job, god forbid there be any lasting consequences for cheating from a privileged position, good to know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)