STAB Mania - Finals [Won by McMeghan]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
STAB MANIA

Banner thanks to andrew3391
In a standard OU environment, many Pokémon rely on other coverage moves to offer up maximum coverage, what if coverage moves were removed? What if Pokémon had to only rely on Moves in which they only obtained STAB on? Well, I guess we'll have to find out in this tour.

Rules
  • Standard OU
  • All moves used must be found in their movepools - This is NOT to be confused with STABmons
  • All Moves must get STAB - This includes Support moves such as Wish and Reflect (Only Normal types may use Wish, Only Psychic types may use Reflect etc...)
  • To avoid complications, the following moves are banned: Soak, Camouflage, Reflect Type, and all other moves that change the type of either the user or the opponent.
  • Nature Power is considered both a Normal-type move and a Ground-type move.
  • Standard rules and clauses.
  • Single elimination, and the final round will be a best of three.
  • Hidden Power <STAB> may be used on all mons
  • Smeargle Clause - Smeargle may only use Normal Type Moves
  • Meoletta Clause - See this post
Tour Tips
  • Dual typed mons have a larger movepool to work with
  • Boosting Moves can only be used by the Pokémon that get STAB on it
  • Hazards can only come from Rock / Poison / Ground types. Use this information to your advantage during Team Preview
  • Only Normal type pokémon can use Rapid Spin too

FINAL MATCHUP

FLCL vs McMeghan ♥

....hopefully they have sorted out a time to play already n.n

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Playing FLCL on Tuesday at ~8-9 AM GMT -8.

Server to be decided, probably Oriserver if PS, Reborn if PO.

Everyone is invited, free cookies. Will appreciate spectators to not spam like retarded gooses :toast:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I won against FLCL, gg (hpump was on my side lol).

Thanks to FireMage for hosting the second edition of that tournament that I enjoyed a lot!
Props to shartruce2 too because his team was really amazing.

Log of the game (replay wouldn't save on oriserver): http://tinyurl.com/stabfinal2
The team that I used with some notes:
Kortog (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Iron Defense

Joba (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 80 HP / 188 Atk / 64 SDef / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Double Kick

Rykan V (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SAtk / 120 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Metal Sound
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Ardolis (Starmie) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Trick
- Rest

Reepor (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Sand-Attack

Originally had Conkeldurr on Terrakion (it has a great typing, and checks Mamoswine/Kyurem-B if needed), but I realized mid-tour that Terrakion now has Stealth Rock in BW2 (the team had been built for the first edition of the tour in BW1) and it still outspeeds Mamoswine so I figured I should use it.
Ferrothorn and Heatran are the two MVP without a doubt, especially the former one.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Time to change the little blurb under the Tournaments subforum to "All tournaments here have been won by McMeghan and will continue to be won by him" instead of what is there now.

Welcome black, Mc2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)