SM RU Stack Attack

INTRODUCTION

Hello, my name is eifo and I’m an RU main. I’ve been into Pokémon for about 15 years or so, but I never had much interest in competitive Pokémon until XY came around. In the beginning it was just a way to pass time, but once I started interacting with other users through discussing the meta and the like, I ended up growing fond of both the game and its player base, especially the RU community.

Anyway, enough about me. Seeing as Shark is broken as hell and will probably leave the meta within not too long, I figured it was time to share my most successful team with it before it leaves. I originally made this at the very beginning of the gen, but I have continuously updated it to fit the current meta.

Lost my proof of topping ladder (shoutouts to my computer for fucking me over), so reqs proof will do for now, but I’ll just top ladder again and edit it in whenever I get time.

upload_2017-8-28_0-13-45.png

TEAM PREVIEW

TEAM ANALYSIS

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis

Chester provides the Spikes support that Shark desires. Fast Taunt Chester beats both the spinners with the combination of Taunt+Synthesis+Wood Hammer, and prevents defog with taunt.

The speed is to always outspeed Glig, even the ones creeping Ada Bewear, as keeping hazards up and preventing itself from getting statused is pivotal in order for this team to function optimally.

Helmet lets you 1v1 Doub, Dhelm and CB Bewear (also happens to beat the unset that is Sub BU, which you should never, ever use), while chipping away at Shark checks, namely Durant, which this team has a weakness to.

Synthesis is required for longevity purposes. Leech Seed is a bad move on Taunt Chester, you’ll just get whittled and die too early without doing your job properly. Wood Hammer is far more useful than Drain Punch as it allows for Chester to work as an actual Gatr check (DD Gatr anyway, SD is problematic) and is a much stronger move.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Psychic Fangs

Mr Balanced does his thing: 6-0s offense and sweeps bulkier teams with a bit of chip on its few checks. Its already limited counterplay becomes almost non-existent if played correctly (I can’t stress this enough, just because you can’t play a broken mon correctly, that doesn’t mean it’s balanced), thanks to Chesnaughts’s ability to set Spikes and whittle its aforementioned checks for it.

I chose to use the physical version of Shark, as the special version has to rely on Hydro Pump as its most spamable move. Special Shark also packs less of a punch vs bulkier teams, further discouraging me from using it. Waterfall, Crunch and Protect are mandatory on PhysicalShark, Psychic Fangs was chosen over Ice Beam in order to have a way around veil.

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Missy completes the core. It’s a very underrated wallbreaker/stallbreaker that pairs perfectly with Chester and Shark. Taunt prevents defog, hazards, status and recovery and turns Regi into set up fodder. It also beats Milotic and can whittle Umbreon to the point where it’s basically dead, the two being Shark’s best checks.

Dazzling Gleam is the best coverage move Missy has access to, hitting dark, fighting and dragon types such as Pangoro, Kommo-o, Umbreon and Flygon.

NP is mandatory in order to turn it into a dangerous breaker, as it would otherwise be too weak to do any significant damage. Ghostium Z the only usable item in RU, as it gives Missy a one-time nuke to blow through stuff that would usually be able to check it.

Do not use Fairium Z. I know it’s tempting to use it to lure Umby, but Missy relies heavily on its Z-move in order to break successfully, especially when unboosted. Twinkle Tackle does not provide the desired damage output in any matchup where you’re not up against an Umbreon.

Shoutouts to the people who still run Sub Split Missy in 2017, you do you famerino.

Comfey @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Triage
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis

Comfey functions as a secondary win con thanks to CM, speed control through +3 priority Draining Kiss and checks opposing Shark. It prevents hazards, Defog and recovery moves with Taunt, keeping it from being a passive mon that can easily be taken advantage of. Synthesis is for longevity.

This is the only set you should ever be using on Comfey. Moves such as Aromaterapy, Leech Seed, HP Ground/Fire etc doesn’t do anything for it. Use Florges if you want a passive cleric that can also function as a set up sweeper. Do not use a defensive spread, it was never good. I still cannot fathom why that spread got through 4 qc members and was made the analysis spread, but either way, it’s ass, it’s getting a revamp and it should die. It’s simply too weak to ever do its job properly. It fails to offensively check a lot of mons it’s supposed to check due to its lacklustre power and doesn’t do enough to sweep any teams, no matter how boosted you get.

Creep is for opposing Comfey.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Tail

Dragalge acts as the mandatory Salazzle check, keeping it from 6-0ing this build. Tspikes help pressure stall in combination with Taunt spam and weakens Shark checks. Sludge Wave and Draco Meteor abuses Adaptability STAB. Dtail is used in the last slot to phase out mons, racking up hazard damage and preventing defoggers from coming in on it. Scald and HP Fire are both extremely underwhelming, thus I highly recommend using Dtail in the 4th slot for the aforementioned phasing utility.
Creep is for base 50s.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Regi forms an excellent defensive core with Chester and Drag, being a dragon, fairy and normal resist, as well as being a blanked check to ~90% of the special attackers in the tier. Protox allowes it to always beat both defoggers in the tier, as well as being an overall pain to deal with for any team lacking Doub. Stoss is Regi’s best attacking move by far, doing consistent damage. Do not use Iron Head, it does pitiful damage.

Creep is for opposing base 50s.

Threat list:

Sand

Both Chester and Comfey heavily rely on Synthesis. It’s still a barely winnable matchup thanks to Shark+Tspikes, but it’s a really rough match up that requires perfect playing and/or a choke on your opponent’s part.

Veil

Much like sand, hail screws over Chester/Comfey. But it doesn't end there. Veil is not a balanced move… Just using Psyfangs on shark is not enough. It does turn the match up from unwinnable into barely winnable though. Unless you’re using stall, you’re not safe. All hail Quag I guess?

shark (Sharpedo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Psychic Fangs

Bennington (Chesnaught) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis

Missy (Mismagius) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

jewelry (Comfey) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Triage
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis

Ducklips (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Tail

S rank? (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

EviGaro and The Wall for listening to me whine about anything and everything and helping me whenever I need help. Love you guys n.n

Homiedino for building cash teams with me.

Decadent Albatros for being a nice friend, appreciate u a lot.

[00:08:19] Ice Tray:looking forward to my 500 word shout out
500 words shoutout.

Lastly, a special mention to Spooky for exposing my late night PMs. Especially the one about sucking dick to get promoted. Appreciate it gurl. Turns out I didn’t have to tho bop dash space.

Here’s hoping I find myself a girl that loves me the way LegendarySerperior loves Blastoise.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
If you can deny veil rocks w/ Missy/Comfey to make it a little less cumbersome to switch around, I don't feel like the matchup is that awful (although you do have to end up calling out doubles to win, but I feel like that's just playing against HO).

Good team, good rmt, ty for reqs for hera :).

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Excellent team, very good. Teachable passed it to me and I used it for a bit (still am using it), and it's very fun to play around with. Having 3 Taunt users is very freeing vs the likes of Registeel, Gligar, and Mantine, and mostly turns them useless. Also, the team having such a solid defensive spine backing it up is very relieving, having an answer to the tier's most prominent threats always feels good, whenever I used it it seemed as if I'm safe against anything. Didn't use it against Veil though so I don't know how weak the team really is in that matchup.

I have however come across the problem of not being able to do much vs Doublade and Registeel. Doublade can be played around with provided the Chesnaught is healthy enough, but Chesnaught in general feels a bit under pressure a lot of the time since its a switch in to a lot of things, so the combination of Doublade + something that can weaken Chesnaught is somewhat problematic. Registeel on the other hand walls like your entire team but a combination of Taunt + repeated attacks or a z-Shadow Ball from missy at +2 should be good enough against it.

Also the speed isn't /entirely/ for creep on Comfey, it allows you to outspeed max Bewear :eyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)