Stall for ubers, chomp for ou. (currently #4 in ou suspect)

this is basically kalamadude's team, idk how that happened.
Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

BW2's gift to stall: regenerator amoonguss. The pokeball mushroom can switch in on volt switch and leave at higher health than it came in at, and does well against rain. With hazard support amoonguss can laugh at volt turn and rain (except for tornadus-t). The 4 speed evs are to spore reuniclus, ferro, and other base 30s.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

Sp def tran is a common poke on stall, being able to phaze, set up SR, and counter sun. Heatran is the best switch to genesect, the 2nd part of the generic rotom-w/genesect core. Like amoonguss, with hazards up volt turn really can't do anything.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

You may have noticed that I was forming the amoonguss+slowbro+heatran core (there is a thread about it) but i am using skarmory because it has spikes and does better against sand offense like landorus (although unlike slowbro, it struggles with banded terrakion). Skarm is also a very safe switch to scizor, although genesect is much more common now.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Scald
- Recover

Jelli was BW1's gift to stall, and it performs very well as a spinblocker. Shadow ball hits starmies that think jelli can't touch them, and jelli (like amoonguss) checks rain. In some cases jelli is better to take on tornadus-t than heatran, and with amoonguss scarf/specs poli can't do anything but lose momentum and let me status something.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Starmie is my rapid spinner, and is very important as 5/6 of my team is hit by spikes and no one resists stealth rocks, and regenerator and other recoveries that let me switch as much as i need to don't function as well with hazards up. Starmie can not beat jellicent, but very few teams have a spinblocker now. 0 att ivs are for foul play sableye.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Ttar is the glue of the team, and provides some offensive presence. Trapping gengar is important for starmie, (pursuit does like 90% but after sand or sr or life orb or w/e) and latios, who would otherwise threaten the stall. Having sand stream forces rain/sun/hail teams to switch in their weather starter and lose momentum. Scarf set is standard, ice punch is for chomp/breloom. Even if starmie kills jelli, ttar can stop it from spinning.

The strategy with sand stall is to get up hazards (preferably at least 1 spikes and sr) and just keep switching to the poke that counters the one they have in, even if you predict a u-turn or double switch or whatever. Playing carefully has worked very well for me on the suspect ladder (especially since the ladder is quite bad and noobs make random moves).

Please criticize and comment as much as you want, feel free to use the team.
Import/export data (please try it)
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Scald
- Recover

Looking at your team they are the exact same pokes, the sets look different but yeah yours seems very similar.
If you want I could take this down or something (idk how).
btw I might try expert belt starmie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)