Stall Team Featuring CroCune (BW2 UU RMT)

Introduction
Hello everyone, this is Kuvster1 with my attempt at a UU team. I've been lurking around this community for a while now, and I've posted a few teams, but only in OU. As my first real try at a team for another tier, I'm really not sure what anyone will think of it. Anyway, I've always loved Suicune, so I wanted to build a team that I could use with him included. After looking through Suicune's analysis, one particular set came to my attention. CroCune. It's been around since ADV (so I've heard), and it looks like it could still be effective. For that reason, CroCune was the Pokemon that I decided to build my team around. Thanks to his excellent defenses, Suicune doesn't go down easily, so I realised that Toxic Spikes support could be very beneficial. It was then that I decided this would be a stall team (I mean I've got Toxic Spikes I might as well). I've already done a few OU stall teams, and I couldn't be bothered making another one, so I decided to design my team for UU. Without further adieu, here's the team!

Team at a Glance
[pimg]245[/pimg][pimg]410[/pimg][pimg]497[/pimg][pimg]80[/pimg][pimg]36[/pimg][pimg]522[/pimg]​

Teambuilding
[pimg]245[/pimg]
The beast, the MVP, the Pokemon this team's built around, it's CroCune! My whole team's basically designed to support this guy, and he never fails me. Despite what people say, Suicune certainly hasn't got any worse this generation.
[pimg]245[/pimg][pimg]410[/pimg]
As I mentioned it the Introduction, Toxic Spikes was the first thing I added to support Suicune. Roserade's access to Sleep Powder among other things justified its place over other Toxic Spikers.
[pimg]245[/pimg][pimg]410[/pimg][pimg]497[/pimg]
Next up, I needed something to help remove threats to Suicune. A few Grass types seemed to have what I needed, something to resist both Grass and Electric, but Shaymin stood out as the best of them. As one of the cutest Pokemon ever, Shaymin rightfully deserved a spot on this team.
[pimg]245[/pimg][pimg]410[/pimg][pimg]497[/pimg][pimg]80[/pimg]
This is supposed to be a stall team you know, and every stall team needs a sturdy physical wall right? With an excellent ability and reliable recovery, Slowbro definitely seemed like the best physical wall UU had to offer.
[pimg]245[/pimg][pimg]410[/pimg][pimg]497[/pimg][pimg]80[/pimg][pimg]36[/pimg]
I'm not entirely happy with Clefable. I wanted Aromatherapy or Heal Bell support for Suicune, and there really weren't many other options. Clefable isn't entirely useless though, and serves as my primary Special wall.
[pimg]245[/pimg][pimg]410[/pimg][pimg]497[/pimg][pimg]80[/pimg][pimg]36[/pimg][pimg]522[/pimg]
My final addition, I've chosen Choice Scarf Victini as my revenge killer. Its ability to outspeed and OHKO the main threats to CroCune were what convinced me to drop him into the last slot.

So thats how I got to where I am now, no changes to my original six yet, but I'm thinking that that's going to change...​

Battle Strategy
I know this section isn't normally included in RMTs (in fact I made it up so it's probably a first XD), but I thought I'd put it in to show what I'm doing when I enter a battle. Basically, I bring in Roserade early (or lead with him), to set up Toxic Spikes for hopefully the rest of the battle. If the opponent has also got Toxic Spikes, I'll usually save him for later to absorb their Toxic Spikes, which can cripple my team. Slowbro and Clefable then start to weaken my opponents team, usually by stalling around with their great synergy and defenses, while Shaymin and Victini finish off Pokemon resistant to Water, and strong Electric and Grass types. This all leads to what will hopefully be a late game sweep for my CroCune.

A Closer Look
[pimg]245[/pimg]
Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald​

CroCune, as the Pokemon who I built this team around, you'd expect him to perform, and he does! Easily the MVP of this team, his ability to perform late game sweeps is amazing. With all the threats removed, he can safely enter the field, and use his amazing defenses to set up in the face of the opposition. With enough Calm Minds under his belt, he is free to begin his unstoppable rampage through the opponents team. Leftovers is the obvious choice for the set, as it complements his great defenses, making Suicune even harder to bring down. Rest + Sleep Talk gives him great durability, and heals status such as the crippling Toxic. Scald, as the only attacking option, provides good coverage, and even Pokemon that resist Water can be chipped away until they die, especially if I have managed to set up a few Calm Minds. The EVs and nature are simple, maximizing my HP and Defense to make the most out of Suicune's epic defenses.
[pimg]410[/pimg]
Roserade @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Rest
- Leaf Storm​

It's not hard to explain why I chose Roserade. I needed Toxic Spikes to help my CroCune set up and sweep, and I wanted it to be a Poison type to allow me to absorb the opponents Toxic Spikes, as I had no Rapid Spinner. Scolipede and Nidoqueen were a few of the other Pokemon that could have filled this role, but I chose Roserade for one main reason, Sleep Powder. I don't know about anyone else, but 75% accuracy seems fairly reliable, and 90 Speed is generally enough for Roserade to outspeed most opponents. Leftovers is chosen, as Focus Sash would be unreliable as I have nothing to stop Sandstorm, Stealth Rock or Spikes from being set up. Rest combined with Natural Cure gives Roserade semi-reliable recovery, while Leaf Storm is my only attacking option, but it still provides decent coverage. Sleep Powder helps me set up more layers of Toxic Spikes, while the EVs and nature maximize my Special Attack and most importantly, Speed.
[pimg]497[/pimg]
Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power​

Shaymin's another one of those Pokemon that I just love. It's adorable, but on the battlefield, it's another story. Seed Flares 40% chance to Sharply lower the opponents Special Defense really turns this little hedgehog into a monster. With the opponents Special Defense halved, nothing can stand in the path of Shaymin, as Air Slash and Earth Power provide great coverage alongside Seed Flare, hitting pretty much any opponent for neutral damage (stupid Bronzong). Rest serves the same purpose as it did on Roserade, except I will consider switching it for the more reliable Synthesis. Natural Cure really is extremely useful, as Toxic or Thunder Wave would otherwise cripple an offensive Pokemon like Shaymin. Life Orb is chosen for extra damage output, and the EVs and nature maximize my Special Attack and Speed. Timid is chosen over Modest so I can at least speed tie with opposing Pokemon with base 100 speed, and beat those with a neutral speed nature.
[pimg]80[/pimg]
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off​

I always liked using Slowbro in DPP OU, but it was horribly outclassed as a Physical wall. Dream World has now given Slowbro its chance to shine, thanks to access to the ability Regenerator. As my main Physical wall, he is capable of countering a bunch of strong Physical attackers, that would otherwise plow through my team. Toxic helps against those immune to Toxic Spikes, or if Roserade died early and didn't get its job done. Scald is my main attack, and is handy as it can burn certain Physical attackers. Psyshock gives me an option against Specially defensive Pokemon, and I can seriously damage most Roserade variants, OHKOing those with no significant HP investment. Slack Off provides reliable recovery, although is somewhat redundant when paired with Regenerator. The EVs and nature maximize my HP and Defense, while the last 4 EVs are invested in speed, so I can outspeed Cofagrigus, Snorlax, Slowking, opposing Slowbro, Steelix and other Pokemon with uninvested base 30 Speed stats.
[pimg]36[/pimg]
Clefable @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off
- Encore​

Clefable, my main Special Wall, actually has reasonable synergy with Slowbro. This set is extremely support based, and the rest of my team can really benefit from Aromatherapy, removing all nasty status conditions. Knock Off is marginally useful against Pokemon that rely on their item, like Eviolite Dusclops. A well timed Encore can allow Suicune to set up a free Calm Mind, or Roserade a layer of Toxic Spikes, while Seismic Toss prevents Clefable from being Taunt bait, and allows me to do some serious damage, especially against opponents with a low HP stat. Magic Guard is an absolute blessing, an immunity to Entry Hazards, damaging weather, and Status is extremely welcome on my team. The EVs and nature maximize my HP and Special Defense, stopping a lot of prominent Special attackers in their tracks. The remaining 4 EVs are again invested in Speed, to beat other Pokemon with an uninvested base 60 Speed stat.
[pimg]522[/pimg]
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- U-turn
- Brick Break​

I needed a Revenge killer, something that could remove certain threats to my CroCune. After searching through all the common UU Pokemon that could cause my Suicune trouble, I looked for a Choice Scarf user that could OHKO pretty much any of them. In the end, it was Victini's access to the all powerful V-create that got him the last spot of my team. Off my fully invested Attack stat, it hits incredibly hard, demolishing a lot of common Pokemon. Fusion Bolt provides great coverage, while U-Turn allows me to take advantage of Pokemon who try to switch out. Brick Break is in the last spot for added coverage, although I've never really found the right time to use it. EVs and nature are simple, maximizing my Attack and Speed to allow me to demolish most dangerous threats to my team. Sadly, because my Speed is lowered with every use, you can't sweep with this Victini, but you sure can shred massive holes in the opponents team.

Conclusion
Well that's it, that's my first UU team. I've worked hard on putting together the best team that I could, but I understand it's definitely not going to be very good, as it is my first attempt at UU, and I'm pretty sure that it's the first time I've used any of the six Pokemon in this team. I'm happy to take a bit of criticism, and I'm not too worried if I should just go back to the drawing board and start all over. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help I receive with this team, and constructive rates will all be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all those who read this.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I feel the need to point out that this isn't a Stall team. You only have 2 Stall Pokemon, CroCune is more of a late game sweeper, and the rest of your Pokes are all pretty offensive. Plus you have no Stealth Rocks or Spikes, no phazer, and no spinblocker. I can't give you a rate since I don't play UU, but you really should reconsider calling this stall. This is more like bulky offense.

Hey,

So, WhiteDMist is right, this isn't really a stall team, but that's no big deal. You seem to carry some redundancies on your team between your two bulky Water-types and two powerful Grass-types, albeit one of them is more offensive, but that's besides the point. First off, your Clefable looks really outclassed by Snorlax -- Aromatherapy is cool, but you already have four status absorbers, so I'm not really sure what the benefit is. When two of those Pokemon are cured upon switching out, it seems to me like Aromatherapy was more of a move that you slapped onto your team. Offensive Snorlax is a much better special wall, and while it is vulnerable to entry hazards, it gives you much more offense and a resistance to Fire and Ice attacks.

With that out of the way, your team is based around CroCune, so Slowbro is definitely the odd man out. You don't need him, and you'd be much better with another Pokemon in its spot. Luckily, Gligar fills the same niche, and it also provides Stealth Rock, the one hazard that's pretty much necessary. With Gligar, you get much more assurance against Heracross, Flygon, and Rhyperior, a definite plus. Other than these changes, you could probably change Shaymin for something along the lines of Choice Specs Kingdra, but if it is pulling its weight for your team, go ahead and keep it. Cool team and good luck; I hope I helped.

Snorlax @ Leftovers | Thick Fat
Adamant | 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Gligar @ Eviolite | Immunity
Impish | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- U-turn
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)