XY OU Stall team help please??

Hello users of Smogon! Today I bring you a team I have been working on pretty much forever now and still dont think is good enough, so please give me some suggestions on how to make it better! Or tell me if its bad..like really

Anyway the team revolves around a Regenerator core with Amoonguss and Alomomola, it focuses on slowly KOing things with Toxic stall..

3 Electrodes (Amoonguss) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog

This is a normal Amoonguss set, I went with Assault vest over Leftovers because even if I get to use Spore, I wont be able to kill much with it since this team isnt very good at offense..its the main special wall of the team and take hits very well! Regenerator just makes it all better

Next up is Alomomola, who is the Toxic spreader and more Defensive oriented wall

(insert name here) (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Very generic Bulky water set, I went with an impish nature over Bold because her Attack stat is just alittle higher, and I dont take much advantage of burns from scald so yeah..not much to say besides it tanks beautifully

Next up is the lead off the team (or more of an anti-lead to be specific) Sableye!

Tails doll (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 205 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

This Sableye plays 2 roles on the team, be an anti-lead, anti-stall! It plays those 2 roles decently well..but all other things not so much..its bulk isnt to great and Mega evolving take away Prankster one of the most important things to me so im not fully sure about Sableye!
Also Knock is on the set to run leads that use berries

Alot of Pokemon easily take time to boost there sweepers on this team, so my answer to this is Clefable!

Wyrm slayah (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

The Red mage of the team! (Did I really just say that?..) It can heal, attack, and support the team very well, it also abuses Unaware as many people seem to expect it to run Magic guard I guess? Seeing as set-up sweepers just spam Sword's dance all day while she's out there!

A thing i've generally noticed while reading guides about stall is the importance of Entry hazards, so to add both a Steel-type and Entry hazard to the team I decided to bring in a Skarmory!

Not Bird Jesus (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 174 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Taunt
- Roost

The Speed ev's just barely allow it to outspeed enough relevant Pokemon that need to be Taunted,whilst also setting up Spikes and Hazing Pokemon! That's pretty much it for Skarmory here.

So A huge problem I have often is end-game, where I have to out-stall a stall and I can't because the stall is to strong for my Stall..so I decided to add a late-game sweeper for scenario's like this, and just late-game in general! Enter MegaZard X

Stealthrock allergies (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Def / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Mega Charizard seem's to be a good late-game sweeper in my eyes, set up a swords dance or 2 and look out, I chose Fire punch over earthquake so attempt to deal with Skarmory! A big problem for Zard is Stealth rock..I need to have that gone but I dont know how or where to fit a rapid spin in..so any help at all could be appreciated!! Also if you have any better ideas for a late-game sweeper in general that would be great!

Anywayyyyy thanks for reading this long RMT! Happy Gaming :3

Giga Drain>Grass Knot on Ammongus especially since it's your main answer to Rain Dance Manaphy. I agree that sleep isn't that great for a team this passive.
If you really don't care about scald burns (I never run it on my Alomomolas either, since it's basically wisp with 1/3 the accuracy with that satk) then use knock off.
Regarding Sable/Char X you can only have one mega, and your team has no answer to Gardevoir so I'd run Jirachi over one of them. If you keep Sable don't run Taunt as it sucks after mega so use Foul Play or Metal Burst. If you keep CharX Run Wisp over SD and you might want Flare Blitz over punch so it still has offensive presence.
If you do run a Jirachi have it run Stealth Rock and give Clef either Calm Mind of Flamethrower. CM unaware clef is pretty amazing.
For Skarmory, you can run Shed Shell over Rocky Helmet, especially if you have Sable since it takes most knock off users you'd usually want skarm to handle well. Also Defog>Spikes since there are SR users that beat Sable and your team is really weak to stall so you should keep Taunt.

Those were some really good idea's! I replaced Zard X (lol I forgot I had 2 mega's...oops) with Jirachi..and I noticed a really apparent fire weakness, is this already kinda handled with Alomomola or is that gonna be a big issue??

fire shouldnt be a problem cuase thare are only a couple GOOD fire types they are talonflame, volcarona, and the charizard megas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)