Stall Team looking to be updated a bit

I've used this team for 2-3 months now but just recently ran into a lot of problems and its had trouble winning matches, being that it's a stall team it kinda mimics obi's team with some minor updates/my own tweeks (or tweek). i feel like im just using an old outdated team when i use this. ive read places that rest talking gyrados works well on platinum stalls and of course a rotom form is going to be suggested. (i use it on wifi too though so any way to go around using a rotom form would be nice) ok enough blabbering and on to the team.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 6 SpD
Impish
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Slack Off
Roar

A pretty obvious way to start of a stall team, one of the best ways too in my opinion. can get up stealth rock and start the sandstorm. it loses badly against aerodactyl leads and i always have to switch unless i want to get earthquake/ice fanged to death. On the same note though, roar works pretty well and the more phazers on a team the better. I'm not sure what other pokemon would be able to pull of these roles as good as hippowdon so maybe he'll stay? also being able to beat most tyranitars is a help with such a powerful earthquake.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 Def 80 SpA 176 SpD
Calm
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Flamethrower

Another staple for a stall team is blissey, with wish support for pokemon like tentacruel who don't have recovery moves it works pretty well. i haven't seen very many instances where i was actually able to heal my tentacruel but wish is still a good move and the wish/protect combo is great when your toxic stalling. flamethrower is for predicted scizor switches that love to come in on blissey expecting toxic but sometimes i wish that i had ice beam on it. this seems like a pokemon that will be staying too.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Evs: 252 HP 252 Def 6 SpD
Impish
Spikes
Whirlwind
Brave Bird
Roost

Skarmory is the butter to the bread that is Blissey. The two are an amazing combo of walls. Skarmory gives me much needed spikes support and another phazer on top of hippowdon. Brave Bird lets me hit stuff like breloom and machamp for damage even though neither of the two are OHKO'd unless they take spikes/SR previous to switching in. I wanted fullout defense which is the reason for no attack evs. Roost is for recovery.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Evs: 252 HP 120 Def 136 SpD
Calm
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Surf
Ice Beam

Tentacruel is here to help me against mixapes and actually is pretty good at eating all of scizors attacks. It is able to come in on a scizor that is locked into bullet punch and take advantage of it to set up/spin. Toxic Spikes are needed on the team and Tentacruel can also come in if the opponent has them set up and absorb them which is a convinience. Rapid Spin is also a much needed attack to get rid of my opponents entry hazards. Surf is always good to have because it is a STAB move while Ice Beam has served its purposes maybe could be replaced with Knock Off?

@Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 HP 220 Def 36 Spe
Bold
Grass Knot
Recover
Thunder Wave
Leech Seed

Celebi is another good pokemon to have on a stall team because it can use leech seed which when added with toxic can be annoying for the opponent. Grass Knot serves as its only attacking move and can hurt swamperts but i've seen some of them survive so maybe I should invest some SpA evs. the 36 is there to beat tyranitars. Thunder Wave doesn't do much but it has served its purposes and gives me a chance to put status on pokemon that won't be affected by the Toxic Spikes/Toxic in general like scizor and heatran. Recover is for recovery of course.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Evs: 252 HP 252 Def 6 SpD
Impish
Rest
Sleep Talk
Thunderpunch
Shadow Sneak

Duskinoir serves as my spin blocker and with Shadow Sneak and Thunderpunch he isn't a complete waste against stuff like starmie and other tentacruels. However he is a waste against Foretress and Donphan (whenever i see them) Maybe investing some SpD would do me some good because a standard starmies surf 2-3HKO's one of the 2 turns i have to use rest and then pray that sleep talk gives me a good move. Pressure stalling is also something that I can do with Duskinoir and not many people expect it because when people see it they immediatly think Pain Split/WoW.

any help is appreciated, thanks again!

see i feel your pain here you can never make a stall team without people comparing you to a fake obi, but its of course good. its not as easy as you think though it will take lots of prediction and since people know this team well it will be hard for you to move around but good luck

see i feel your pain here you can never make a stall team without people comparing you to a fake obi, but its of course good. its not as easy as you think though it will take lots of prediction and since people know this team well it will be hard for you to move around but good luck
i haven't been accused of anything surprisingly, i know its not easy i've had to make some pretty tough predictions in order to win some games with this team. i know how obi's team being as rock solid as it is so you can't use a different pokemon without someone telling you that X does this job better.

nonetheless its a great team, have you tried an offensive stall team? its worth a shot if your ever bored lol. but this team has been worked upon so many times their is not much left to add upon maybe the duskonair but you have done a good job with it

nonetheless its a great team, have you tried an offensive stall team? its worth a shot if your ever bored lol. but this team has been worked upon so many times their is not much left to add upon maybe the duskonair but you have done a good job with it
thanks but im sure my team needs something.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
If you decide to keep Skarmory after all the suggestion I'm going to make, I would use an EV spread of 252 HP / 200 Def / 36 SpD / 20 Spe over your current set. The 20 Speed EV's allow you to get the jump on opposing Skarmory and almost always outspeed Tyranitar trying to Stone Edge for the 2HKO. I would also use Shed Shell over Leftovers so you do not get trapped by any Magneone you encounter. If Skarmory goes down, you lose your Dragon-resist and Spike user, meaning you'll have a much harder time wearing down your opponent and with physical Dragon-type moves as well such as locked Outrages. So consider Shed Shell. On Tentacruel, Knock off might be something to conisder as getting rid of opposing Pokemon's Leftovers makes it easier to wear down your opponent. Also, getting rid of Choice users items is pretty handy as well.

Now, over Tentacruel, I would consider running a ResTalk Gyarados. Gyarados provides your team with much more insurance against threats such as Infernape, Lucario, Scizor, etc. Currently, your best defense against Lucario is Hippowdon, who has to be on at least 80% of its health in order to survive a Close Combat after a Swords Dance. With Gyarados, you'll have much more insurance against it. ResTalk Gyarados makes an excellent Pokemon to have on a stall team such as this because of it's ability to handle the aforementioned threats. With Intimidate, Gyarados makes an excellent switch-in to a variety of Physical attackers, in particular Fighting-types.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Defense / 8 Speed
Nature: Impish
-Waterfall
-Roar
-Sleep Talk
-Rest

With Rest, this Gyarados becomes very hard to take down due to its incredible bulk. Sleep Talk is there so Gyarados can do something while slepping. Roar is great on Gyarados as Gyarados has many chances to come in on a variety of threats and use Roar to rack up residual damage from your entry hazards of Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Toxic Spikes. Waterfall is for STAB and to hit most threats for neutral damage. RestTalk Gyara usually uses 4 Speed, and going one point further than that guarentee's that you'll be winning the majority of would-be speed ties against opposing stall teams, which really helps you to build up Spikes damage. Losing 1 Defense and Special Defense is more or less completely insignificant, so the extra speed is definately worth it.

Now by replacing Tentacruel with Gyarados, you lose your Rapid Spinner and your Toxic Spike user. To fix this, I suggest using Foretress over Skarmory. Foretress can set up Toxic Spikes and Spikes reasonably well in addition to spinning away opposing entry hazards with Rapid Spin. Foretress also has the additional benefit of learning Payback, meanig you can hit those Ghost-types such as the Rotom formes that try to come in and block your attempt to spin away entry hazards. Payback hits the aforesaid Rotom formes for decent damage while hitting other Ghosts such as Gengar hard as well. So Over Skarmory,

Forretress @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 6 Defense
Nature: Careful
Nature: Sturdy,
-Payback
-Toxic Spikes
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin

Shed Shell is chosen over Leftovers due to the fact that Magnezone is relatively popular due to the abundance of Scizor being used. Shed Shell means Magnezone cannot simply trap and kill you, leaving you without a Pokemon to set up entry hazards. With Wish support from your Blissey, Forry can regain health so the lack of recovery from Leftovers on Forry should not be much of a concern. Spikes and Toxic Spikes are there to complete your residual damage while Payback hits Ghost-types such as Rotom and Gengar as mentioned above. The Special defense EVs allow Forretress to set up entry hazards on the like of Latias more effectively and make it much easier for it to take Draco Meteor's and such.

Another suggestion I have for you is to use Perish Song on Celebi over Leech Seed. Perish Song prevents last minute stat-up users such as CurseLax, CM Cresselia, Sub CM Raikou, etc from setting up on you. Perish Song also forces switches just like Leech Seed meaning you can still rack up residual damage from your entry hazards when your opponent switches out.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

SD Lucario

How to fix:

A nightmare for Stall Teams, but I won't suggest a Spiritomb, of course all good Stall teams leans towards Obi. Just a simple replacement would be Rotom-O in place of Dusknoir.

Rotom-O
@ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature (SpA+ / Atk-)
252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Just a simple replacement because Dusknoir is practically weak in this ultra offense, fast-paced game. Rotom works wonders with Blissey due to Wish. It can Wish pass with relative ease to compensate for the lack of recovery. Overheat smashes Lucario and Scizor to the floor. Thunderbolt hits Taunt Gyarados, which is a pretty deadly threat if it manages to throw in 2 DD's. Shadow Ball improves coverage.

Great standard Stall team, its always a sucess when you choose this kind of team. Other noteworthy things you might consider is Perish Song on Celebi in place of Thunder Wave, believe me Baton Pass teams always win if you don't pack PS. Gl.

I have another plan that goes along with what Bloo said.

Specially defensive Forretress is a god on stall teams. It sets up on so many weak and defensively oriented special attackers while minimizing the loss of physically defensive power if you use an Impish nature.

Forretress @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
252 HP, 252 SDef, 6 Def, Impish
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Payback / Explosion

Why is this good? 252 SDef EV's increase your SDef potential by ~40%, while only decreasing your Def potential by ~19%. This enables you to defeat the stall-wrecking mono-attacker Latias that uses Refresh/Psycho Shift to beat Blissey. Forretress makes excellent use of his Dragon, Ice, Dark, and Ghost resistances to tank both special and physical hits. As a side note, this set is also very helpful in Ubers.

You can now set up on things like Swampert, Rotom (not H), Celebi (watch for HP Fire), Tentacruel, Cresselia, and even a Gengar in a pinch (and many more I can't think of right now). This is huge. And all the physical threats you used to set up on, you can still do.

Now, you've freed up a spot on your team, which allows you to use a fantastic asset in the form of a Rest-talk Gyarados.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk, Impish
Roar
Waterfall
Rest
Sleep Talk

This is the number one Lucario counter regardless of if you can spin or not. If you can spin, this will live forever. You can even take an Outrage and phaze a DDMence out, courtesy of Intimidate!

Oh yeah, using Forretress will put a bit more pressure on your Blissey to Wish pass to Forry. But since Blissey gets so many free turns anyways, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)