Gen 3 Stall-type RMT...

k, so i've re-vamped my team, and this works MUCH better, thank you all for your suggestions..
i do miss wish support, however.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 66 Atk / 192 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Spikes
- Roar
Drill Peck > Gyara

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 140 Spd / 40 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Bulky starmie, spins spikes, bolt beams, not too sure about EVs, however.

Dusclops (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 90 Atk / 96 Def / 72 SDef
- Focus Punch
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
Protects my spikes, counters gengar, blissey, burns things

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
Went with T-wave over toxic, because i like being able to at least Para the gengar before i swith..

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 112 HP / 48 Atk / 176 Def / 116 SAtk / 56 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Stalking swampert is nice

Salamence (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Def / 140 Spd / 48 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Flying]
works well with team

Max HP on clops and articuno, gives better defenses overall.
i would go pain split on clops, and ice beam on blissey because other statuses might interfere with burn.
Swampert, I'd just go standard mixpert. If you want to do subpunch pert, maybe something like fpunch/sub/eq/hp bug or ice beam
Gyarados might be annoying, especially wiht an hp steel skarm, so tbolt on jirachi.
Once pert is gone, DDtar will still sweep; skarm isnt strong enough to kill it before getting flinched to death.

Blaziken
use stalk clops, its very stable.
I would replace cuno with regice, combine with bliss you'll counter 99.99% of the special attacks.
replace that pert with the stalk version, you need it for tar.
jirachi is heh but go for stallmence if you want.

I've never really been much of a fan of Stall-ish type teams..but I

decided to try and throw one together, since i like to try new things..

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 66 Atk / 192 Def
- Hidden Power [Steel]
- Rest
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
It's skarm..can stop a DDing tar..HP flying doesn't ever do much for me anyway..
Skarm does not really counter DDTar, it will just flinch and/or ch you at the worst times or will switch in when Skarm is low on hp. I'd say put back HP Flying on here so that at least you have "some" Heracross coverage although cb focus punches on the switch will hurt
also, do not lead with this

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt or Fire Punch
- Toxic or Calm Mind
- Wish

it's a shame pokemon aren't built with 5 move slots instead of 4...this is another

physical-type wall, just doesn't like EQ..wish passer/toxic'er..hits stuff..:-/
at the end of my post I'll recommend something else over this seeing as it doesn't do too much for your team imo

Dusclops (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 136 Atk / 96 Def / 72 SDef
- Focus Punch
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
Protects my spikes, burns, hits blissey fairly hard if it's not running ice beam w/ FP..takes out Gengar fairly nice as well....
and even if Blissey is running ice beam you can burn it and when it wants to use aromatheraphy/softboiled you can hit her with fp on that turn
max hp on this

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam or Thunder Wave or Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
Fatty.
ice beam isn't needed as much when you have Dusclops for Gengar which would be the main reason to carry ice beam in the first place; so go with t-wave or toxic, and since you don't need the satk with no ice beam, max hp on this too

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 108 HP / 96 Atk / 96 Def / 136 SAtk / 72 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Surf
I don't like opponent Blissey, but lack of 404 HP makes it hard to FP..thinking about just dropping Sub/FP for protect and HP Bug..
a Swampert that can't hurt mence? btw it can make 404 hp subs and it is in fact recommended to use max hp on swampert either way, but subpunching just isn't going to work well, use earthquake/ice beam/rest/sleep talk with max hp and a lot of defense (270 or 286 is recommended) to cover Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross (although you should mainly switch Skarm into Meta to not have the problem of encountering TTar and/or Salamence too on the opposing team because Swampert can't really take on all of them in the same battle)
and whatnot more effectively

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 124 Def / 180 SAtk / 144 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
Resists EQ/Abuses Spikes/Absorbs Status...
eh sure, but max hp on this thing as well, it doesn't need that much satk and it can use a bit less def too

Seem to be having troubles with other Jirachi, Flygon, Heracross, some raikou, and some

Celebi..also, i lack a spinner, but don't really know where to put one in..

suggestions?
Swampert should take care of Jirachi and Flygon well enough with Resttalk, Heracross is somewhat covered by Skarmory if you use HP Flying, Raikou should be easily dealt with by Blissey (unless it is something very rare like cm/resttalk/thunder which is instantly shut down by Swampert) and Celebi can't do anything to Articuno, be it a SD/CM passer or a staller with leech seed.

And yeah, you'll need a rapid spinner I guess, the best option would be a bulky Starmie with max hp and 76 or more defense evs and with Thunderbolt to be able to switch into that Taunt Gyarados that will sweep your team otherwise (HP Flying Skarm might also stop Gyarados though but only if Skarm is at high hp, it would of course be less risky with Drill Peck), and also can at least have the chance to critical hit Thunderbolt that last poke Suicune which will also cause problems. However your team would lack enough offense this way.

Other option would be to add Metal Sound/HP Grass/Thunderbolt/Rest Zapdos over Jirachi which counters Gyarados and Suicune even easier and can also switch into Heracross at least once if needed be (with max hp it easily survives even one cb rock slide), gives you more offense and that way half of your team would also be immune to spikes. Then the problem would be though that Swampert and Dusclops would have a harder time at countering TTar/Mence and blocking rapid spin respectively if the opponent has a spiker (it should be no problem for the opponent to get off 3 layers of spikes on your Skarm, Blissey, Dusclops or Swampert), which might in fact be a huge problem with Tyranitar being on almost every single team, but with Resttalk, Swampert might still be able to somewhat slow it down I guess.. or not..

Have a nice day.

edit: post #100

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Swampert would 2hko spikers (3hko Cloysters) with Hydro Pump. It only needs 219 Sp Atk to 2hko them and 225 to OHKO with a CH. All it needs for recovery is Protect or Roar to buy it some time. I like the idea of Focus Punch though, it would certainly put Snorlax and Blisseys into the defensive. You really don't need substitute for Focus Punch, especially against Blissey and Snorlax which are either Aromatherapy / Softboiling or Curse / Resting. I'd still max it's HP for optimal defense. EQ, HPump, Ice Beam, Protect / Roar / Focus Punch / Toxic would be a good set imo.

and yea, with Dusclops and Swampert, you have Ttar covered, so I'll give Skarmory HP Flying for Heracross and Gyarados.

And as Squarewalker has told you, too, a spikes-stall team wants to eliminate Spikes on their sides for the best stalling, and I'd go Starmie or Claydol for the extra fighting coverage. Or you could simply use Cloyster which has both Rapid Spin and Spikes and an edge against other Spikers over Skarmory. You have plenty of defense to cover all of SKarmory's defenses imo.

I'd probably replace Articuno for Salamence as an extra Heracross / fighting cover...Jirachi and Cloyster could deal with water types. Salamence is a great cleaner in a spikes team, too, the most needed offense. DDmence is the bulkiest and the best to take the job of taking hits (aside from a Wishmence), and also provides the team with Rock Slide, a move to kill Zapdos.

I'd honestly put back the Articuno, seeing as how there seem to be a rush of random SDCelebi+Magneton teams, which will surely break the stall as Skarmory is pretty much the only defense preventing most of those things from sweeping, but that won't help if it gets Magneton'd now will it? At least with Articuno, after they kill Skarmory, you have a Roarer to deal with Celebi, as well as prevent common SDCelebi Team members Salamence and Swampert from coming in.

I actually like this team, though I dont think its revolutionary, perhaps, you should add one more sweeper to the mix. I like this team though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)