STALL

I have already made two relatively good offensive teams and I could not formulate a Machamp team well enough; therefore, I wanted to make a stall team.

Process:
I started out with the great triumvirate of Skarmbliss and Rotom-h.
I then added gyarados as he seemed like he could survive just about anything with HP to spare. He was also another phaser I wanted.
I then added ScarfTar as other stall teams were doing it, and it worked pretty well.
I then added Swampert as the lead.
I then took out Swampert and put lead gliscor in his place.
I then took out Gliscor and put in lead ScarfJirachi which led to...
I then added Starmie as a spinner.
I sometimes do miss Tyranitar as he was pretty awesome when I used him. If there was an easy way to reincorporate him here, please do tell me what to replace.

THE TEAM:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
---
This is the traditional ScarfJirachi lead. It's job is to rape aerodactyl+azelf with iron head and set up rocks against most other leads. Against sashed leads I can easily U-turn out (usually to gyarados or rotom-h) as there really isn't ever anything faster than jirachi in the lead slot. Fire punch is just there because it is standard. Set up leads usually are dealt with by skarmory. I am open to suggestions on replacements for him, even if it is back to Swampert.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP/8 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Waterfall
---
This gyarados is just another phazer I thought I could use. He stays alive for an incredibly long time. His waterfall isn't too shabby either, it gets the job done. Rest and Sleep talk are awesome together as this guy just doesn't die without thunderbolts. All of his counters are specially attacking pokemon with electric moves, thus Blissey covers all his weaknesses very well. If rotom-h is down for whatever reason, he checks physical attackers that threaten blissey. He really has not been that essential to my team; however, he is a rather good lucario counter.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
---
Skarmory is an awesome spiker. He can come in on some physical attacker that can't do shit to him and basically set up spikes. He can stall with Roost+Toxic, and it is very difficult to bring this guy down from either end of the spectrum. Whirlwind is to Phaze set up sweepers and ninjask. It can be useful to shuffle for entry hazard damage too.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Discharge
- Will-o-wisp
---
This is definitely the best pokemon on this team. It stalls like a Brazillian on the losing end of a rated Netbattle match. Playing this guy is very very simple. Switch it in on any physical attacker, willowisp it (and possibly use it again if you feel scarftar coming), and discharge while awake, resttalk otherwise. Pretty much every sweeper not named SD Crunch Lucario or DD Salamence is useless against it. He is also an excellent spin blocker to keep those spikes up. Discharge has got parahax at crucial times before, 30% is actually pretty good. The match usually consists of me switching between this, skarmory, and blissey.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
---
Starmie is always an excellent pokemon. I normally use him as a 252/252 sweeper; but, this time I decided to use a more defensive set. He is my rapid spinner that keeps gyarados happy, in case I need him. This starmie is a surefire gyarados counter as well, in case rotom-h gets owned or something. I am open to suggestions on replacing him.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 HP/252 Def/232 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
---
This (in conjunction with rotom) is the fat whore that causes the phenomenon we now call "Rage Quitting." Nothing using special attacks except maybe mismagius can take it down. I don't give a shit if crocune gets to +6, resistance is futile. Wish+Protect is an extremely sadistic strategy with this big pink whore that just won't die. Heal Bell is for healing status just in case I do something stupid and get skarmory burned or jirachi paralzyed. Blissey's job is to seismic toss special sweepers to death. If that is impossible, I'll simply whirlwind/roar it away with skarm or gyarados. I am wondering whether toxic would be better over Heal Bell, but am reluctant to let go of Heal Bell.

PROBLEMS:
1. Painsplit Dusknoir is a pain in the ass to face. I really have no means of combatting it., and I can maybe get lucky and toxic it if my opponent gets careless but otherwise it takes extensive maneuvering and luck to finally beat it.

2. I see Mixmence being an issue; however, nobody uses him anymore so this is not that big of a problem.

Please help rate and fix my team.

I would suggest taunt on skarmory to counter late game sweeps, because nothing except flinching from Jirachi can beat a snorlax or swampert restalk comeback.

to help with mixmence, DDmence, DDos ect, try a scarf latias that can also trick, which you absolutely need to beat other stall and revenge kill.

Mentioned above takes care of mixmence, which is more common than you think. Painsplit dusknoir is rare and can be dealth with via taunt.

But what would I put taunt over? And how many speed EVs should I use because skarmory really won't be outspeeding anything with his current spread.

Scarf Latias is kind of bad with the abundance of Tyranitar imo.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well first I would like to suggest a Tenacruel over Starmie as it is far more halpful that Starmie. Tentacruel can Rapd Spin, Set up toxic spikes and soak up opposing Toxic Spikes. It also serves as a more bulky resist to Fire moves adn is not pursuit bait.

With Tentacruel you can give up toxic on Skarmory and run taunt which was suggested above. You actually really need gyarados on the team as otherwise a stallbreaker Gliscor gives you issues.

I don't really see the need for Heal Bell on Blissey as 2 of your pokemon are Sleep talkers and you have 2 pokemon with natural Cure. Toxic can work in this spot to hit flying types hat are immune to Toxic Spikes, alternativly you could give it SR and then give Jirachi trick so you can deal with last poke stat-ups.

Have a Nice Day

EDIT: If Blissey has SR then you could but Scarf T-tar on the team if you wanted too. If you did decided to go with Scarf T-tar then Skarmory should run taunt and be your lead.

actually stealth rock is more important than spikes since it's easier to set up. so like ginganinja said, but SR on blissey instead of heal bell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)