Stalling in Style! , so (OU RMT)

Well, I decided I needed a new OU team, so I made this one. It is my first attempt at stall, and it is working pretty well on shoddy. It deals with many common threats well, and has a strong defensive core. It also lacks hippowdon and celebi, common installments on stall teams. Also, they all have leftovers. ALL of them.

TEAM AT A GLANCE

Nidoking@leftovers
Jolly nature
Poison Point
EVs:252hp/110atk/196spe
Moves:
~Earthquake
~Sucker Punch
~Taunt
~Toxic spikes

This guy is a beast. I wanted a reliable anti-lead, who could also lay down the toxic spkes for the team, and still be able to come in later. For that, I thought of Nidoqueen, but her speed and lackluster attack really weren't up for it. So her brother came into play, and I never looked back. Evs make sure he will beat max speed heatran without a scarf by one point, and always OHKO back with earthquake. Sucker punch really screws up aerodactyl leads and can revenge in the late game. Taunt shuts down leads like ninjask, DD gyarados, and smeargle. He can usually lay down both layers of T-spikes and come back in later to absorb the enemies own. He is immune to both t-wave and toxic, so this guy is really a good lead. Poison point over rivalry because I don't want my defense dropped when a female pokemon comes in.

THE THERAPIST

Blissey@leftovers
Calm nature
Natural Cure
EVs:252hp/252def/6spD
Moves:
~Aromatherapy
~Fire Blast
~Softboiled
~Stealth Rock

It's cleric blissey again, back to protect the team from the nasty status the other team might throw at it. Aromatherapy heals the status done to the rest of the team. Stealth Rock is a must on all teams to keep fliers from running rampant. Softboiled keeps her alive and Fire blast is for scizor and the nasty steels. Fits well keeping status away from rotom, vappy, and t-tar.

THE SPIKER

Skarmory@leftovers
Impish nature
Sturdy
EVs:252hp/80atk/176def
Moves:
~Spikes
~Whirlwind
~Brave Bird
~Roost

Skarmory is an excellent spiker and physical wall, probably the best in the game. His goal is to get down three layers of spikes, and shuffle their damage around with whirlwind, which also makes him my phazer. He hits breloom and heracross hard with brave bird, and can roost off the recoil. Any electric moves can go to nidoking, and special fire ones to blissey. A very important part of the team.

THE POWER

Tyranitar@leftovers
Careful nature
Sand Stream
EVs:252hp/252spD/6atk
Moves:
~Curse
~Payback
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

This guy is a MONSTER. Sand stream with careful nature and 252sp.D EVs puts his special defense sky high, as curse does with his defense and attack. So we have an amazingly bulky tank who absorbs sleep and hits hard with a 100BP STAB move that nothing is immune to. Pretty good, aint it?
Does the sweeping for the super stallish team.

THE PARAMEDIC

Vaporeon@leftovers
Bold nature
Water absorb
EVs:252hp/252def/6spA
Moves:
~Wish
~Protect
~Surf
~Ice beam/Hidden Power [electric]

The water dog is amazing, probably THE best bulky water around. He passes wishes extremely well, is durable, and can attack a bit on his own. Wish heals his teammates who can't heal themselves, mainly Rotom and Nidoking. Protect insures he can't be 3KO'd by anything. Surf is a reliable STAB attack. Ice beam or HP electric is still a toss up, leaning towards ice beam due to a lack of it on the team.

THE SPIN BLOCKER

Rotom-H@leftovers
Bold nature
Levitate
EVs:252hp/108def/40spA/110spD
Moves:
~Overheat
~Will O Wisp
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball

Rotom adds much needed normal and fighting immunities, as well as many different resistances. He mostly blocks the rapid spin that would destroy my entire strategy. He also cripples many physical threats with Will O Wisp, and attacks fairly well. He is my main Scizor counter with overheat, and thunderbolt is a reliable STAB. I'm looking to get rid of shadow ball for something better, but I dont know what.

Well, Rate away!

Credits to Global Trading Station for all images.

Threat list.

THREAT LIST

Azelf-Nidoking takes care of it with sucker punch.

Breloom-Tyranitar takes the sleep, and skarmory annihilates it with brave bird.

Celebi-Rotom with Overheat and shadow ball, hit hard by blissey and skarmory.

Dugtro-Vaporeon can kill it with surf.

Electivire-Nidoking is my only chance, If it has HP ice or grass i'm doomed. MAJOR PROBLEM^^^

Empoleon-walled and killed by rotom.

Flygon-Vaporeon and ice beam say hi.

Gengar-Tyranitar can survive focus blast and K.O back with crunch.

Gliscor-Vaporeon with surf and ice beam kill it.

Gyarados-Rotom can kill with thunderbolt.

Heatran-Leads and sub versions Nidoking takes care of nicely. Scarf can be walled by skarmbliss

Heracross-Skarm can usually kill, rotom can also kill with overheat.

Infernape-gives me problems. Versions without HP ice can be taken care of by nidoking, if they have it and close combat, I'm screwed. MAJOR PROBLEM^^

Jirachi-Skarmbliss and Rotom can do it.

Kingdra-Skarmory walls versions without hydro pump, and my team can deal with it.

Latias-Skarmory once again walls it well, versions with surf can hurt him, but vaporeon eats the surf up.

Lucario-Rotom does well, as does skarmory

Machamp-Versions without pursuit rotom takes care of. When they have pursuit, can give me problems. PROBLEM^^^

Magnezone-Nidoking outspeeds non scarf versions and K.Os. Scarf verisons can be taken on by Blissey and T-tar if they don't have flash cannon.

Mamoswine-Rotom can usually take him down with overheat

Metagross-Nidoking and rotom-h can kill it.

Ninjask-Taunt shuts him down.

Porygon-z-Walled by Blissey, usually toxistalled.

Rhyperior-Vaporeon kills it easily.

Rotom-A-Walled by Blissey.

Salamence-Vaporeon with ice beam kills.

Scizor-Rotom is a great counter, outspeed and overheat.

Snorlax-Phazed by skarm, t-tar can win a curse fight.

Starmie-Rotom can use shadow ball, walled by blissey, and revenged by nidokings sucker punch.

Suicune-Phazed by skarm, Rotom can K.O.

Togekiss-Rotom-A resists air slash and aura sphere and hits it super effectively.

Tyranitar-Vaporeon and Nidoking can kill it.

Weavile-Gives me Hell. Skarmory can wall it. HUGE PROBLEM

Yanmega-Rotom resists its STABS, and kills it with his own.

Zapdos- Versions with HP grass give me the same problems as electivire, but vaporeon can kill it eventually.

This is a better EV spread for Blissey: Calm 252 Def/ 80 SAtk/ 176 SDef. This spread sacrafices some unneeded defensive capability for increased firepower, since max Defense and HP let it survive little more than it can with the more offensive spread, and loses the ability to wall SpecsLuke or NP Porygonz. Flamethrower should be used over Fire Blast, because in the stall wars Blissey is often involved in, PP is a major issue. Nidoking falls to the now-popular Metagross and Jirachi leads, and is setup fodder for rain support Bronzong. I see a DD Mence with Fire Blast tearing through this team.

And I loled at all the hotlinking Pichu.

Hmmm.... I'll give the new Blissey spread a try. I'll also give it flamethrower. Nidoking resists Iron head so scarfrachi isnt a problem, and both jirach and metagross are 2hkod by earthquake, so nidoking will stay. I might give it more attack EVs to turn some of those 2hkos into 1hkos. Also, i dont know how that pich got there. lol

They appear because you "hotlinked" which means you just copied the link of the sprite from there, and on to here. This gives them bandwidth and nobody likes that, so they use that No Hotlinking Pichu picture.

I suggest you go to pokemonelite2000.com, and look for the sprites there.

I unfortunately have nothing to crit, (Not saying your team isnt worth crit'ing, it's because I'm not very good at it lol.) so I'll be on my marry way...

Well, turns out that without compromising the speed he needs, nidoking cant 1hko jirachi or metagross, but they dont give him many problems, so a 2hko is ok

~Nidoking doesn't resist Iron Head.

~I'm not really sure what I'd change but SD Lucario loves your team. With that Tyranitar to come in on it can pretty much always get off a SD and then proceed to ko everything minus Nidoking who needs to be in good health to stop it (and most likely won't be as he is leading and laying two layers of tspikes). To solve that I'd probably replace Blissey with a different pokemon that can handle special water/grass/fighting attacks and can take on lucario moderately. It's a high set of requirements but I think a Speedy celebi or defense oriented Latias with HP: Fire could handle the job. Maybe you can think of something better?

Other possible ideas: scarf rotom (plausible but not the best idea), Muk over Bliss (lol), Nidoqueen with (rest/talk/eq/ib) over King, Defensive Gyara (gets worn down over time) over Bliss, and the list goes on...

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not a rate here but I see that you are running the RestTalk Tar set with Payback.

I actually recently just discussed this with Tangerine, and he convinced me that Crunch was far more useful than Payback, both due to the defense drops and the increased PP.

I would seriously consider Crunch over Payback.

I will try the crunch over payback, but if I take something over bliss, it would need the capability to set up SR, and mop up special attacks pretty well. (and hopefully take down lucario) any suggestions?

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Does anyone else see pichu smacking its ass? Change Nidoking to nidoqueen, I don't care if nidoking has more attack, you need that extra defense to take on CB t-tar and SD lucario. Flamethrower > Fire Blast on blissey. I'd try a rest-talk rotom, as you can't always pass wishes and once its gone, forre comes in and easily spins your stuff away.

Lucario says hello SDs thee proceeds to rape your team with crunch. Once nidoking who im sure falls early in the battle goes down. For this reason i suggest Tyranitar as your lead keep the set but getting off Sandstream early is crucial switch payback to crunch therefore you will not automatically reveal the set. Nidoqueen makes a reliable replacement for Nidoking and perfectly counters Lucario. Otherwise one could go with the standard bulky gyarados with roar if toxic spikes prove to be ineffective incidently this is the best counter to Lucario and Scizor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)