XY OU Standard Boring Things

pizzq

Banned deucer.
Hello i am Chople Berries and this is my standard ass ou team with no fancy intros or anything, because im lazy.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

First off we have a standard ass keldeo. Keldeos main role for the team is to fuck with sand offense. Obviously scald is there because of the burn chance and STAB also it sucks to lose a game to hydro miss so scald is there for burn hax. Hydro Pump is there to hit mons for a little more damage and STAB, We have secret sword for when the water stabs arent enough to ko heatrans and tyranitars. HP eletric is in the 4th move slot because of keldeos shitty ass movepool. It deals with Gyarados for when they want to set up and look cool by making a "prediction" and not mega evolving, HP Electric can also hurt Azumarill if you are desparate.
Questions: I was wondering if i should change the item to Scarf or Stick with specs

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Next up we have a standard ass boring latios, It forms a great core with keldeo for helping it kill pesky venusaurs and amoonguss in turn, keldeo helps to kill tyranitar. In the first slot we have draco meteor for stab and just plain nuking things. Psyshock is there over psychic for the occasional Sylveon which takes more from shock bc its spdef is hella bulky. Next we have defog for hazard removal since hazards are a pain in the ass when you need to switch. In the final slot there is roost for recovery to increase longevity.
Questions: I was wondering if i could switch any of the moves since Tbolt/Hp Fire/EQ/Surf are things

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 HP / 240 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Next up we have standard ass mega venusaur. Its main role for the team is to complete my Latios/Keldeo core. Both of those mons have trouble against Azumarill and i needed a mega so Boom mega venusaur. The first move is Giga Drain which i dont feel like explaining since everyone already knows why its there. Sludge Bomb is also pretty obvious. My choice of filler was HP Fire, this is very useful on mega venusaur because ferrothorns and scizors think they can switch in on me. The last moveslot is Synthesis which i dont really feel like explaining because who ever is reading this probably isnt retarded.
Questions: Should i stay the offensive route or try to make this a defensive mega venusaur

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Next up we have talonflame. Its main role is to sweep and revenge kill. Swords Dance is there because i hate the banded set and idk why also its nice to look like a pro and swords dance on the switch. Acrobatics is there because i dont want this to be a suicidal mon like talonflames usually are, i think it would be stupid to run brave bird for all that recoil and only 10 more power. Flare Blitz is there for Scizor/Ferrothorn/Bisharp/Excadrill and frens. Roost is there bc it is. And you would have to be retarded do not know what it does.
Questions: Should i try a bulk up set? Should i try a stallbreaker set?

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Next we have have a defensive landorus to Check common threats. These threats include Heracross/Medicham with no icepunch/Bird Spam/Excadrill and basic stuff like that. The first move is earthquake because of stab and to hit idiotic heatrans that stay in. I have stone edge to counter bird spam (duh). I have stealth rock for hazards (also duh) and i have u turn, U turn is very good on landorus-t it makes it a bulky pivot (duh) this move is good when you predict a switch. It helps me get all my momentum which can lead me to winning.
Question: Should i run some speed to speedcreep?

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Next we have spdef mew. Mew is good for spreading burns and being a pain in the ass for the opponent to face especially since it has knock off, which is good for criplling chanseys/the occassional porygon 2. Knock off can also knock off toxic orb on gliscor. Next comes the start of 4mss poor, poor mew, so many options :3 I chose earthquake has the 3rd slot. Earthquake comes in handy vs 2 of mews counters ZardX, and Heatran and deal a good chunk when they think they can switch in. In the last slot i have roost and that is pretty self explanatory.
Questions: Since mew can run so many things i was wondering if eq was necessary for my team and if i would benefit more from running something else. Also my speed is to outspeed mega heracross i was wondering if this soeed creeps seems necessary.

Alright so thats my standard ass boring team pls answer my questions so i can make it better :D

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
But in all seriousness, HP flying over electric on Keldeo, brave bird over acrobatics because all in no fear m8. Also i would replace EQ on mew for stealth rocks and make Landorus a scarfed attacker with EQ, stone edge, U turn, and extra 252 speed 252 attack.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
My reaction to EQ Mew:

I'm here cause you showed me this team on Showdown and I'm losing brain cells by the second looking at EQ on stallbreaker Mew ( ._.). Change that move to Taunt please. And no Chople you aren't luring stuff like Heatran, you beat Heatran 1v1 anyways and you have Keldeo and so much other stuff that has no care for Heatran.

Keldeo:

I would go ahead and scarf this bad boy. Your team has issues with Greninja and it's probably one of the few things that will actually handle it. Besides the fact that the genies kind of poop all over this team especially if they're a duo. You know what, now that I think about it, any relevant fast threat can be an issue for this team. Even more justification to run Scarf.

Latios:
put the extra 4 into defense and run 29 IVs in hp to hit the Life Orb number.

M-Venusuar:

240spa? Way to be a man. 252spatk please. Take that from the HP.

Talonflame:

There is legitimately no reason to run full speed on Jolly Talonflame. 136speed/252atk/rest in hp. You still outrun Thundy and after SD will wreck w/e relevant stuff outside of obvious T-flame checks. Man you love lowering your standards, Brave Bird > Acrobatics please. Lefties or Sharp Beak for item. It's SD tflame, put some power for whoever you believe ins sake. Jeez.

Landorus-T:
Like, this is ok but man anybody can see this set coming from a mile away when the rocks get laid down. I guess you can keep U-Turn but Toxic over it will keep your opponents on their toes and force them not to carelessly switch into Lando-T thinking they can handle it easily by walling it with physical walls.

Mew:
Like I said, EQ on Mew is making me cringe. Change it to Taunt and you'll be waaaay happier in the long run.

Minor things to change: 0 IVs in attack on M-Venusaur and Latios.

That's all really. I mean your team is the basic of the basic so if you got any questions or want to get some decent lure sets going or something you know where to find me.

Keldeo: I think Icy Wind could be helpful in some cases but whatever. Also Hp Flying helps you sort of do damage to mega venu
Latios: It's standard for a reason i guess.... You might want to run more coverage on it so it isn't walled by pretty much every steel ever. If you want a poke who is mainly a defogger then i prefer latias.
Mega Venusaur: Good set but who is taking those flying/psychic attacks to keep him alive for longer?
Talonflame: No improvement needed
Lando: Super standard and is what everybody expects. Maybe give it something to have the suprise advantage?
Mew: Earthquake? Also two psychics is inadvisable with knock off running rampant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)