ORAS OU Standard OU Offense

Hi everyone :)

This is my first RMT, so I hope it's okay. I've recently made a team built around Gardevoir and Bisharp, utilizing some bulky Pokémon, too.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Here's my defensive Rotom-W, used mostly as a lead against Garchomp (because of Will-O-Wisp, which shuts down the majority of physical attackers) and Volt Switch, or as a defensive pivot. It's my main defensive wall and lead, and has Pain Split for recovery. Also, in the hypothetical situation that I get hit by Foul Play from something like Klefki, the damage output is hindered by the bold nature and absolute minimum attack.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Here's my prolific physical sweeper, Bisharp. He's used as a switch to Unaware Clefable, which does 48.7 - 57.5% health with Moonblast. He won't be taking Flamethrowers, though. He also functions as a cleaner with Sucker Punch, which disposes of things such as Keldeo when under a third of its health. Defiant allows it to switch into Zapdos' Defog, as well as users of Intimidate, such as Gyarados and Landorus-T. I run Jolly instead of Adamant for the speed buff, as a Swords Dance set needs more speed than it does attack. The Life Orb's there for some extra damage.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Clefable is my premier Unaware Wall that prefers to switch into special hits, but a fairly powerful physical hit may do under half health. Clefable is a good switch to threats such as Weavile, which is limited to Ice Shard and Icicle Crash, the latter of which and the stronger does under half health at 45% with max attack investment. The Leftovers are there for some decent recover, and to stop it getting 2HKO'ed by Weavile and then some. In addition, it can set up Toxic on Latias and Latios, two more big threats.

pokemans_10051.gif
Gardevoir (M) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Gardevoir is my main special sweeper and is running quite a standard sweeping set. I have Hyper Voice for Substitute users and for main STAB, Psyshock for walls such as Chansey, Focus Blast for Steel types and Calm Mind if I can force a switch. I'm running Timid so that I can sweep through slower teams after a few Calm Minds, or Trick Room-oriented teams. I'm using it over Alakazam because of Hyper Voice alone, and its dual typing giving it more resistances and, thus, more opportunities to come into play.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Zapdos is a mixed wall and is mostly used as a pivot for Garchomp and other Stealth Rock setters. I'm running Roost over Hidden Power Ice to increase its longevity and suppress its shortened lifespan from Stealth Rocks. It still scares off Garchomps lacking Stealth Rock, though, just because HP Ice is so prevalent. I'm running Bold so that he can take Weavile's Icicle Crash better, and stand up to more physical attackers.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

There's not much to say; he's another wall, this time for entry hazards and utility, being able to switch into many physical attacks with the helmet + skin strategy, which makes Life Orb carriers take about 45% of their health from a single attack. I have Fire Blast over Stone Edge so that Ferrothorn and Scizor are less imposing, Earthquake as main STAB and Dragon Tail to remove set-up Pokémon.

--

I'd like to get some feedback on this OU team, so any will be much appreciated. :D

Hi vertex!

Sorry for the extremely belated reply, and I'd just like to say, this team is amazing! I've made it to the 1500's with your help, I really, really, really appreciate it. Everything you've said has benefited this team, and there's barely any noticeable flaws with it now. Thank you so much for the advice, it really works! One thing I'd say that has happened a few times, though, is Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss, which can be hard to check sometimes, especially when the former carries Earthquake. However, that's pretty much all I've ever noticed with it. Once again, thank you so much!

P.S. Can we talk on PS sometime? It'd be great to communicate with you on there. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)