Standard OU Rate, Threat List Included...

lol, it was there previously. Shed Shell over leftovers, because if Maggy comes in, and bye bye zong, I have a major hole in walling capabilities. Although, I need the calcs on and Earthquake vs Maggy. Who would end on top?

~M51

Over-View

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed
240 HP, 216 Def, 52 Sp. Atk

-Hydro Pump
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake

Anti-Lead. Takes Tyranitar to the cleaners, cares little for Weavile, OHKO's Hippowdon etc. Hydro Pump 2HKO's Skarmory, which is the main reason. Roar is an option to phaze leading Gyara.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Zapdos@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP, 216 Def, 40 Spd

-Thunderbolt
-Roar
-Roost
-HP [ICE]

Phazer and Togekiss counter, among other things. Switches well into Heracross and Breloom.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold
252 Sp. Def, 216 Def, 40 HP
Natural Cure

-Aromatherapy / Ice Beam
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave
-Seismic Toss

Standard ADV Blissey, Aromatherapy or Ice Beam?

Starmie@Life Orb / Choice Specs
Timid
220 Spd, 244 Sp. Atk, 44 HP
Natural Cure

-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Thunderbolt

Rapid Spinner and says hi then bye to Infernape, Non-Scarf'd Chomp, Gyarados etc.

Bronzong@Shed Shell
Relaxed
252 HP, 152 Sp. Def, 108 Def
Levitate

-Gyro Ball
-Hypnosis
-Earthquake
-Grass Knot

Takes Dragon Hits like a pro as well as counters Vire like nothing else.

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk, 228 Spd, 28 Sp. Def

-Brick Break
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Standard Scarfchomp, with 4 more speed than the norm to outspeed other Scarfchomp. Brick Break helps against Tyranitar and Weavile (Non Ice Shard), if need be.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Threat List:

Tyranitar: Garchomp, Bronzong, Swampert

Infernape: Starmie

Gyarados: Zapdos, Starmie

Azelf: Blissey

Electivire: Bronzong, Swampert

Heracross: Bronzong, Garchomp, Zapdos (CC and Megahorn)

Salamence: Bronzong (CB), Blissey (CSp), Starmie (Revenge)

Togekiss: Zapdos

Gengar: Bronzong

Garchomp: Bronzong (Scarf), Garchomp (Non-Scarf), Swampert

Lucario: Garchomp, Blissey (Special), Bronzong (Physical)

Starmie: Blissey

Weavile: Bronzong, Swampert

Dugtrio: Starmie (Revenge), Swampert

Porygon-Z: Blissey

Machamp: Zapdos

Snorlax: Garchomp, Zapdos (Phaze Curse Set)

Zapdos: Blissey, Swampert

Suicune: Zapdos (Phaze Calm Mind)

Breloom: Zapdos

Ninjask: Stealth Rock, Roar

Metagross: Garchomp, Bronzong, Zapdos, Swampert

Heatran: Garchomp, Swampert

Celebi: Garchomp, Starmie (To an extent)

Jirachi: Bronzong, Garchomp (Non-HP ICE)

Dragonite: Bronzong (Outrage), Garchomp

Mamoswine: Bronzong, Starmie (Revenge)

Gallade: Bronzong, Zapdos

Yanmega: Blissey, Zapdos

Kingdra: Bronzong, Garchomp, Blissey (T-Wave)

Roserade: Blissey

Scizor: Bronzong, Zapdos (Phaze)

Hippowdon: Swampert, Starmie
hey mullac51..or should i call you tortured soul (you are the one that recently left pc right). If you i think you can guess who i am. Nice team, very balanced and you even marked the threats out...i cant find anything wrong.

Yeah Hammerhead. I haven't actually left, it was just a little venture. I still need some ideas on how to improve though, as I haven't gotten much feed back. :P

~M51

Yeah...i have ventured out of OU and IV noob since i left pokecommunity...now that i look back i really wasnt near the standards i am now..i need to rebattle you because i can now put those good prediction skills together with tactics and good pokes. Lets continue in pm.

Ok guys, I really need a strong opinion on this team. Swampert seems to cover what I already do with others anyway, so perhaps it can go. Theories?

~M51

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Keep in mind that it isn't uncommon for opposing Scarf Garchomps to be running 252 Speed, so you're not going to be outspeeding them in many cases, or even tying at all. I'd probably max Speed so you can tie the Adamant ones at worst, because you're still going to be outsped by those crazy Jolly Scarf users.

My Zapdos doesn't need speed. Those EV's allowed it to survive a 2DD Adamant Gyarados Waterfall and kill. Otherwise, I would have been swept. This set has worked far more effectively. I have tried Timid, it doesn't outspeed anything that I seriously need to, and because it is my Phazer, it limits the speed I really need.

Really need an opinion on a better lead. Swampert has served me ok, but I cannot take a Crunch from Tyranitar all that well. (As was shown by my Battle with husk on Shoddy)

~M51

Hmmm, yes, that would work. I could fit Charge Beam over...Gyro Ball for Gyara. It would cover things well. Thankyou.

~M51

Tauntrados is common. I don't know how it would go, but Grass Knot won't do that much I think. (Gyro Ball actually is able to 3HKO Gyara after 2 DD's, so I should be fine with that continued onslaught) Otherwise, Zappy can take the non-stone versions.

~M51

Well, only some sets pose a threat. To be exact, Jolly ScarfChomp, non-CBed Dugtrio, ScarfGar, & MixDra that got to set up Swift Swim.
(the first 2, Bronzong can counter well)
My suggestions- give Zong Lefties. It can take a lot with good HP. Really, what's to fear that you can't switch out on? Say 'Zone & you missed something. Also, don't give Starmie Specs! The point is its versatility & coverage. Give it Wise Glasses/ Focus Sash (Weavile)/ Life Orb.
MixPert owns. 4.7/5

Jolly Scarfchomp doesn't have the power to do damage to Swampert or Bronzong. Duggy is a problem for any team, because it can trap and kill. There is really only revenge killing on duggy, which isn't hard. ScarfGar is famous for Hypnosis. I have 2 with Natural Cure, one is Blissey who takes jack all damage from Gengar, and it must switch out later. Starmie with Specs means special sweeping status. I suppose Wise Glasses will do, adding.

~M51

My Zapdos doesn't need speed. Those EV's allowed it to survive a 2DD Adamant Gyarados Waterfall and kill. Otherwise, I would have been swept. This set has worked far more effectively. I have tried Timid, it doesn't outspeed anything that I seriously need to, and because it is my Phazer, it limits the speed I really need.

Really need an opinion on a better lead. Swampert has served me ok, but I cannot take a Crunch from Tyranitar all that well. (As was shown by my Battle with husk on Shoddy)

~M51

Cough*Torterra*cough. If you didn't have that glaring ice weak I would suggest it over Swampert. It counters CB Tyranitar 100% better than Swampert due to Wood Hammer and higher defense.

Not only CB Tyranitar though. Many common T-Tar leads now carry Ice Beam because of Hippowdon. That makes the resolution a m00t one.

~M51

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)