Standard OU RMT! Huzzah!

Before I begin, I'd just like to say I'm new to pokemon, so I am all for constructive criticism. I did however spend a large amount of time thinking this team out, so I would hope that its not completely flawed.

Team Overview:

As a general objective, with this team I hope to collect some decent damage with Spikes/Stealth rock, then pick out easy kills with my fast Sweepers.

------------------

Swampert @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Torrent
240 HP/210 Def/52 Spa
Relaxed
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam
~Surf/Roar
~Stealth Rock

Swampert is my bukly water mix. I want him to lead so I can set up Stealth Rock ASAP, but I'm not sure. If he does, he'll have a lum berry so I don't get instantly put to sleep by one of the many sleep inducing starters. He has good type coverage, and can hold is own against many targets. I'm tempted to put on roar over Surf, because I really like being able to phaze.

------------------

Infernape @ Life Orb
Blaze
24 Atk/252 Spa/232 Spd
Naive
~Flamethrower
~Close Combat
~Nasty Plot
~Grass Knot/Thunderpunch

My MixApe will be one of my main sweepers, and definitely a wall breaker. Without nasty plot he can do great damage, and with one or two he should power through teams. Infernape (and Swampert) cover many of the threats for Skarmory. I am slightly considering Thunderpunch over Grass Knot simply because I'm scared of Gyarados and I want more coverage, but I think I'll end up with Grass Knot still.

-------------------

Skarmory @ Shed shell
Keen Eye
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Spe
Impish
~Brave Bird
~Roost
~Spikes
~Whilrwind

I felt Skarmory would fit very well on my team as my physical wall. I love Spikes/SR and he brings more of those. He phazes with Whirlwind, can heal himself up, and can damage when need be. I have him maxed out on Defense and HP, because I want him to fill his role of a wall as best as possible. I have him with a Shed Shell right now in case Magnezones pop up, but I might switch to leftovers for overall better tanking ability.

-------------------

Weavile @ Choice Band
Pressure
40 Hp/252 Atk/216 Speed
Jolly
~Pursuit
~Ice Shard
~Brick Break
~Aerial Ace

Weavile is my Choice Bander-revenge killer. He has incredible type coverage and proves a great threat to many pokemon. I like Ice Shard for its priority, and Aerial Ace as a nice cover on Heracross. Weavile will be great with or without Umbreon set up, thanks to STAB CB Pursuit. Ice Shard can take out weakened Salamences, and safely too with the priority.

------------------

Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
160 HP/132 Spa/216 Spe
Timid
~Thunderbolt
~Rapid Spin
~Recover
~Surf

Starmie is my Spinner... I needed one and he fills the job very well. He will provide a great counter to Gyarados as well, a foe I am very afraid of. Recover for, well, keeping him alive. Thunderbolt is for Gyarados coverage, among others.

----------------

Dugtrio @ Choice band
Arena Trap
252 Atk/6 SpDef/252 Spe
Jolly
~Earthquake
~Aerial Ace
~Rock Slide
~Sucker Punch

This pokemon was recommended and has taken place of my Umbreon. It can serve a similar trapping purpose and will be a scary threat to many. It's a nice This pokemon is almost always sure to KO at least one pokemon on the other team, which is a nice garuntee to have.

Thank you for your time. Again, all criticism is appreciated.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Pretty standard stuff. I don't like how you rely on Umbreon to take special hits for the team. It probably can take hits, but it won't do much back. The reason why I say this is because Taunt is becoming very popular, and there are other pokemon that can do the special walling, and more, such as a Zapdos or Heatran.

If you really want the Wish support, you can always try Vaporeon over Swampert or Starmie, serves as a good MixApe counter and Gyarados, while the team benefits from Wish. This is a pretty standard team tbh, nothing much to be said, I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what.

Actually powerful fighters in general wreck this team, be it Heracross, SDluke, Specsluke, etc.

He needs to get rid of Swampert and Skarmory for Gliscor and Bronzong, IMO... that'd help out immensely.

Specsluke 1-2HKO's everything on your team. And this is just at first glance.
Is there any way you can elaborate? As in why he stomps my team and theres nothing I can do about it, and perhaps what I can change in my team to counter him a bit more?

Actually powerful fighters in general wreck this team, be it Heracross, SDluke, Specsluke, etc.

He needs to get rid of Swampert and Skarmory for Gliscor and Bronzong, IMO... that'd help out immensely.
Same question. What's the weakness created with Swampert and Skarmory?

Pretty standard stuff. I don't like how you rely on Umbreon to take special hits for the team. It probably can take hits, but it won't do much back. The reason why I say this is because Taunt is becoming very popular, and there are other pokemon that can do the special walling, and more, such as a Zapdos or Heatran.
Thanks for your imput. I love Umbreon but I wasn't sure how good he'd be, so I needed some feedback. I'll probably change him soon.

I've been using Overheat on my MixApe lately and I prefer it over flamethrower any day because your getting 140 base power instead of 95. Most of the time, I use the physical attacks he has after the overheat anyway so the -2 stages of sp. attk doesn't really hurt me in the long run.

I've been using Overheat on my MixApe lately and I prefer it over flamethrower any day because your getting 140 base power instead of 95. Most of the time, I use the physical attacks he has after the overheat anyway so the -2 stages of sp. attk doesn't really hurt me in the long run.
I thought about that a lot, but I wasn't sure, because just using overheat stops any continual sweeps if I need to use another special move. Fire blast came to me as well, but I HATE RNG. Just the thought of losing a battle because of a miss hurts to think about.

I have been considering changing Umbreon or Starmie for Blissey, Dusknoir, or Gengar, and changing Swampert or Skarmory for Gliscor or Metagross. I read up a few warstories and have started to realize defensive might not be the way to go in D/P.

Is there any way you can elaborate? As in why he stomps my team and theres nothing I can do about it, and perhaps what I can change in my team to counter him a bit more?
There is no "true" counter to Specsluke except maybe Calm Blissey (although it can't really do much back). Everything else in the game is 1-2 hit KOd by some attack.

Swampert is 2HKO'd by Aura Sphere
Infernape is OHKO'd by Aura Sphere
Umbreon is 2HKO'd by Aura Sphere
Skarmory is 1-2HKO'd by Aura Sphere (~46% of OHKO with no prior damage; auto OHKO with 5% damage)
Weavile is OHKO'd by Aura Sphere
Starmie is OHKO'd by Dark Pulse, possibly 2HKO'd by Aura Sphere with SS and SR

Soooo yea. It rips through your team. I'd add a Calm Blissey or something that can easily kill it like a Dugtrio to take it out.

There is no "true" counter to Specsluke except maybe Calm Blissey (although it can't really do much back). Everything else in the game is 1-2 hit KOd by some attack.

Swampert is 2HKO'd by Aura Sphere
Infernape is OHKO'd by Aura Sphere
Umbreon is 2HKO'd by Aura Sphere
Skarmory is 1-2HKO'd by Aura Sphere (~46% of OHKO with no prior damage; auto OHKO with 5% damage)
Weavile is OHKO'd by Aura Sphere
Starmie is OHKO'd by Dark Pulse, possibly 2HKO'd by Aura Sphere with SS and SR

Soooo yea. It rips through your team. I'd add a Calm Blissey or something that can easily kill it like a Dugtrio to take it out.
Both choices sound really good. I'm going to mess around with my team a bit more in some matches against friends, since I already have this mostly made, but I'll definitely be taking your advice before I step into any WiFi matches. I'd rather not have any huge loopholes.

Thanks again for your imput, I greatly appreciate it. If anyone else has things to say, I'd love to hear it.

Both choices sound really good. I'm going to mess around with my team a bit more in some matches against friends, since I already have this mostly made, but I'll definitely be taking your advice before I step into any WiFi matches. I'd rather not have any huge loopholes.

Thanks again for your imput, I greatly appreciate it. If anyone else has things to say, I'd love to hear it.
I don't really see Umbreon doing much at all for your team, so I'd suggest a Choice Band Dugtrio over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)