Standard Standard team

Now this is just a plain old standard OU team that I've been using for a while.

At A Glance
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Depth
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yanmega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 108 Def/152 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
~ Protect
~ Bug Buzz
~ Hidden Power [Ground]
~ Air Slash

Moveset
~~~~~~~~~~~

Protect normally begins the battle, making sure that i get up my Speed Boost. It also helps me to see what move they're going to use against me. Bug Buzz is my main STAB, hitting Azelf, Bronzong and T-Tar hard. HP [Ground] is there to deal with two of Yanmega's main counters, Heatran and Magnezone, hitting 4x on both. Air Slash rounds off the set with secondary STAB and a healthy chance to flinch, which i have relied on more than once.

EVs
~~~~~~

The EVs on this set are kinda self explanatory, to maximize his speed and special attack.

Summary
~~~~~~~~~~

This Yanmega functions greatly as a Suicide Lead. He hits hard on almost all other leads. He normally dies along with one or two victims.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/36 Atk/152 Def/64 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
~ Gyro Ball
~ Explosion
~ Earthquake
~ Stealth Rock

Moveset
~~~~~~~~~~

Gyro Ball for STAB, KO'ing things like Gengar. Explosion as a last ditch effort to get some damage in before I die. Earthquake, along with Heatproof, means that I will always beat Infernape 1v1. Stealth Rock is a must on every team, turning 3HKO's into 2HKO's.

EVs
~~~~~~
Standard EV's for a Bronzong

Summary
~~~~~~~~~~~

Bronzong's main role on the team is to get rocks up. If he does this, I'm happy. I choose Heatproof over Levitate, as people normally assume that he has it, which means that they get a shock when a flamethrower does not very much on him.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage
~ Stone Edge
~ U-turn

Moveset
~~~~~~~~~~

Earthquake is the primary STAB move doing high damage to most foes. Dragon claw was chosen here over Outrage, because this is my only revenge killer, it can still deal decent damage to. Stone Edge is here mainly for Gyarados, but also nabs a hit on Salamence. U-turn is for if I don't like my chances with beating an opponent, so I just flee.

EVs
~~~~~

Max attack. 80 HP for some bulk, and then the rest in speed.

Summary
~~~~~~~~~~~~

ScarfGon has basically become the OU revenge killer since Garchomp's departure to Uber. This one functions well on my team, making up for its general slowness.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ Dragon Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge

Moveset
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dragon Dance is obvious on Gyra, boosting his high attack and average speed to extreme levels. Earthquake gets the hit on elctrics who think that they can kill me. Waterfall is STAB, while Stone Edge helps with flyers and dragons.

EVs
~~~~~~

252 Atk to give him attacking power, 144 Spe allows him to out speed Gengar after a DD. The rest was put ino HP for that added bulk.

Summary
~~~~~~~~~~~

There's nothing all to revolutionary about this set, but it plays a vital part in the team. It covers fmy 3/6 (unless you count Heatproof) fire weakness, which has prooved very useful in the past.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Ice Beam
~ Charge Beam

Moveset
~~~~~~~~~~~

RestTalk so that I attack while I recover. Ice Beam is to hit Dragons like Mence and Flygon. Charge Beam rounds off the set with a psuedo Bolt-Beam combo. It is also very useful to help stall out some opponents with it's SpA boost, after just one of these it can score a handy 2HKO on BulkyDos.

EVs
~~~~~~

The EVs on this set are quite standard, allowing it to take hits from both sides of the spectrum.

Summary
~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my main wall. It takes the hits that others can't, then just shrugs the damage off. It has also swept many unexpecting teams, ebding up with about +4 SpA.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 42 HP/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power [Grass]
~ Flash Cannon
~ Explosion

Moveset
~~~~~~~~~

Thunderbolt is his primary STAB, and hits hard on thoose who don't resist it. HP [Grass] is there to deal with Swampert, who is barely damaged by the rest of this set. Flash Cannon has good STAB, and scoring a OHKO on T-Tar. Explosin is a last dith effort, but doesn't get used much. So a replacement would be greatly apperciated.

EVs
~~~~~~

252 SpA to make him as powerful as possible. Naive nature and 216 speed allow him to, with SR, OHKO a Scizor. The rest were put into HP for added bulk.

Summary
~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Magnezone is Scizor killer. It comes in, trapping him, then OHKO's him with T-bolt, providing SR is up. He can also prove to be a deadly late game sweeper once all ground Pokes have been removed.

Now don't hesitate to replace and remodel this entire team.
Now please, RATE MY TEAM!​

Threat List​
Scizor: Dealt to by Magnezone, OHKO w/ T-bolt.
Heatran: Gyarados can setup on him, Flygon Revenge kills.
Salamence: Cress takes care of him with Ice Beam.
Tyranitar: Not much I can do here, but go for a revenge kill with Flygon.
Zapdos: Cress out-stalls offensive ones. Defensive ones could be troublesome.
Blissey: Gyarados sees this as setup fodder.
Infernape: Walled and scared off by Cress, Bronzong beats him 1v1.
Lucario: OHKO’ed by both Flygon and Gyarados.
Gengar: Hmmm. Nothing here. Suggestions?
Metagross: Flygon and Gyarados 2HKO with EQ.
Swampert: Out speed and killed by Magnezone.
Bronzong: Nothing specific, but most of my team could handle him.
Celebi: Flygon can switch in on T-wave and U-turn for the kill.
Jirachi: Flygon and Gyarados deal to him.
Vaporeon: Magnezone kills it w/ T-bolt.
Machamp: Cress scares him off, and Magnezone/Flygon can kill him.
Suicune: Magnezone.
Kingdra: Flygon can revenge kill with Outrage.
Gliscor: It can’t do anything to Cress (bar the rare Night Slash). Cress can then 2HKO with Ice beam.
Breloom: Cress takes Spore then hands him a 2HKO with Ice beam.
Togekiss: Gyarados, Magnezone and Flygon can normally take care of him.
Skarmory: Magnezone traps and kill it.]
Weavile: Not too much of a threat, Gyra takes whatever, then OHKO’s with SE.
Magnezone: Flygon can revenge it with EQ. Bronzong can 2HKO.
Electivire: Not seen to much, but Flygon takes him.
Flygon: Cress 2HKO’s with Ice beam.
Mamoswine: Gyarados and Flygon KO it with SE.
Snorlax: Nothing much I can do if it manages to set up a curse or two. Help?
Hippowdon: Gyarados sees it as setup fodder, who he will eventually kill with waterfall.

that isn't nice to say "i dnot haev dsylexia" that's insulting to those who might have dyslexia. I would think next time you say such profanity. probably why no one is rating your team.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's nothing that really stands out as threatening to your team; you seem to have the majority of bases covered. It might be an idea to post a quick threat checklist highlighting the things that you've had trouble with through experience, as it will help raters give you more educated rates if you tell them the way your team functions. Also, the font on your Bronzong is very hard to read, might want to make it a bit darker =P.

Anyway, there are a couple of EV spreads here that I think could be touched up a bit. Firstly, Yanmega doesn't need to run max speed because of its ability, and you can use extraneous EVs in helping to bulk up its reasonable 86/86 HP/Def stats. There are two spreads that are generally used with Yanmega. The first one is 104 Def / 252 SpA / 152 Spe. This will put your speed at 396 after a single speed boost, allowing you to outspeed +speed base 130s. The defense EVs also allow you to survive some key attacks, such as a LO Metagross Meteor Mash, a +2 LO Lucario Extremespeed, and on average 2 LO Scizor Bullet Punches. This is the set that I personally would recommend you use. There is also a spread of 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe, which allows you to outspeed +speed scarfed Heatran and neutral scarfed Lucario/ Roserade /Porygon-z after a speed boost. I would really recommend the first spread, but this second is also useable for that extra bit of insurance against Roserade leads.

Flygon definitely wants Outrage over Dragon Claw on a scarf set. With no boosting item and a paltry base 100 Atk stat to work off, Flygon appreciates every ounce of power you can give it. Between Earthquake and Stone Edge you will be hitting pretty much everything that you would hit with Dragon Claw just as hard or harder, and so it really has little use on the set. The fact that you have a Magnezone on your team to remove Steel types for Flygon is even more reason for you to use Outrage. It is a far better sweeping move for the late game when there is nothing left that resists it, and will be more useful for your team than Dragon Claw is. If you want an example of just how lacking Dragon Claw is in power - on average it will fail to 3HKO a 4/0 Gyarados taking Intimidate into account.

On Gyarados I would strongly recommend you bump up the speed to 242 to allow it to outspeed base 115s, such as offensive Starmie, Raikou and Azelf, after a Dragon Dance. All three of these are prominent threats to Gyarados' sweep as all of them can potentially be carrying Thunderbolt to OHKO it. To outspeed them, use a spread of 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe. This will also ensure that you outspeed a Jolly Tyranitar before you DD, meaning you can KO it with Waterfall before it takes you out with Stone Edge.

Good luck with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)