Standard Weatherless

Hello there, everyone. After 8 months of not having a single competitive battle, I've decided to make a comeback. This is a team I've thought of myself, and it's also my first Weatherless team. Lately, this team has been working quite well for me. However, with every team comes flaws, and I'm looking for feedback on how I can make my team more effective. Thank you.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability:Thick Fat
EVs:252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Nature:Adamant
~Stealth Rock
~Endeavor
~Ice Shard
~Earthquake

This is mainly my revenge killer. If the opportunity presents itself, I'm able to set up a guaranteed Stealth Rock thanks to Focus Sash. Ice Shard allows me to finish off weakened Pokemon that has attempted to sweep, and Earthquake will hit anything hard that doesn't resist it. Endeavor, with Focus Sash, is also another tool I have in order to stop sweepers in their tracks. I've been debating on whether I should take a more offensive approach, but I think having a proper revenge killer is definitely recommended. Especially in a metagame where physical, and special sweepers run rampant all the time.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
EVs:252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature:Impish
~Rapid Spin
~Close Combat
~Foresight
~Toxic

Hitmontop, an underrated, yet impressive Pokemon in OU. This is my bulky Rapid Spinner. It's capable of taking physical, and special hits very well. Close Combat provides additional coverage towards the majority of the metagame, while Foresight allows me to spin away hazards on Ghost-Types. Toxic finishes this set nicely, because it allows me to cripple Pokemon that resist Close Combat. Dragonite in general. At first, I was thinking of placing Forretress as my rapid spinner, but I already have enough Pokemon on my team who is weak to Fire.

Landorus-T @ Expert Belt
EVs:4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

~Substitute
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Hidden Power Ice

Substitute is the main core of this set as it eases prediction for my Landorus-T. Earthquake, and Stone Edge is good coverage, and will deal a significant amount of damage to those who don't resist such moves. Hidden Power Ice will catch opposing Landorus-T off guard, as well as Gliscor. I don't expect this set to sweep through teams. However, I do expect this set to provide an advantage for my team by punching holes through my opponents team. While this set may take more of an offensive approach, thanks to Intimidate, physical attackers won't be doing much to my Landorus-T.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
EVs:232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Speed
Nature:Modest
~Volt Switch
~Hydro Pump
~Will-O-Wisp
~Pain Split

Volt Switch is such a good move in today's metagame. Not only does it provide the momentum for my team, it's also a good counter for rain teams. Hydro Pump is good for targeting Ground-Types, Mainly Hippowdon, who doesn't have much special defense. Not just Hippowdon, but other Pokemon who may have a below-average special defense stat. Will-O-Wisp can cripple Scizor, Dragonite, Ferrothorn, all of whom would wall Rotom-W otherwise. Pain Split is a reliable form of recovery outside of Rest, and Rotom-W makes such good use of it. Most Rotom-W I see have the move, HP Ice. However, I already have a Pokemon on my team that makes good use of this move. Therefore, I've decided to go with, Pain Split.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability:Serene Grace
EVs:252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Speed
Nature:Careful
~Iron Head
~Body Slam
~Wish
~U-Turn

This is my specially defensive, Jirachi. Body Slam, and Iron Head provides the popular ParaFlinch combo, whereas Wish supports not only Jirachi, but my team. U-Turn keeps the momentum going in my teams favor, provides a safe switch-in for another of its teammates, and most importantly, is used to scout. Jirachi must be wary of Fire, and Ground-Types. However, I'm not too concerned of Heatran, Dugtrio, Garchomp, etc. Seeing as how I have Landorus-T, and Latias for Heatran. I could've ran the SubCM set, but I'm not running a rain team. In my opinion, SubCM Jirachi works best on rain teams mainly because of its access to the move, Thunder.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs:4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Nature:Timid
~Draco Meteor
~Psyshock
~Hidden Power Fire
~Roost

It's not everyday you see an offensive, Latias. Draco Meteor hits anything incredibly hard upon switching in on Latias. Psyshock keeps Keldeo in check, and KOes other various Fighting-Types. Seeing as how my team did not have much to counter Skarmory outside of my Rotom-W Volt Switch, HP Fire not only counters it, it's also good for countering Pokemon that expects to come in, and setup over Latias. Most noticeably, Ferrothorn, and Scizor. Roost is just another form of recovery, and my Latias can greatly benefit from this move considering it's running an offensive set, and not the usual defensive CM set.

Last edited:
Hello there. I have a few changes to suggest. First, change Landorus-T to a Scarf set. As a offensive scarfed it can come in multiple times to check things like Terrakion, then outspeed and KO if possible.

Next, use this set for Rotom-W:

Rotom-W w Leftovers
Modest
92 SAtk, 220 Spd, Rest in HP
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will I Wisp / Pain Split
- HP Fire

Said EVs allow you to 1HKO Scizor after Rocks.

I didn't have much time, so the rate was short. However, I hope I helped!

Hey there,

Nice team. Looking at the team, I can see Volcarona being quite an issue for you. With that said, I think you replace Hitmontop with a Heatran. Hitmontop seems rather out of place on this team. Given the threats in the current metagame, it seems like it would be prime setup bait for a lot of things. Anyways, Heatran is a great anti-meta Pokemon who shines as a Special Defensive wall. It pretty much takes any hit from a Volcarona (bar the rare Hidden Power Ground which is vastly outclassed by Giga Drain) and proceeds to Toxic or Roar it out. On top of that, Heatran can be an effective check to Sun teams if it manages to not get trapped and killed by Dugtrio. Also, with the addition of Heatran, you gain an extra Steel type so you can take Dragon type attacks better. Next, I noticed your team lacks a Choice Scarf user which would mean that your team is rather slow. To remedy this, I think you should make Jirachi into a Choice Scarf variant. With this change, Jirachi becomes an effective revenge killer for your team with the speed from the Choice Scarf. A good use of this set is using U-Turn to scout opponents sets or getting out of tough situations that are unfavorable to Jirachi. With combination of Rotom-W's Volt Switch, they can be annoying for an opponent with constant Volt-Turning, especially with Stealth Rock up. With this short rate said, good luck!

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Trick

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mang Hitmontop is such a momentum-killer; it doesn't fit your team at all, imo. If you really want hazards off the field, I'd much rather have an Espeon or Xatu for that job. I think the best way to prevent hazards from going up on your side is add a good Taunt Spiker. Custap Skarmory is all the rave atm, but Froslass is also great b/c of its spin-blocking capabilities as well as eliminating Magic Bouncers with Shadow Ball.

Although your Landorus-T set is interesting, Landorus-T does a more reliable job putting up SR than Mamoswine. I'd switch Mamoswine to an all-out offensive LO variant with Superpower and Icicle Crash (or Spear) over Endeavor and Stealth Rock. Make it Jolly, too, to check Jolly Breloom.
Landorus-T @ Leftovers | Intimidate
Jolly | 180 HP / 180 Def / 148 Spe
~ Earthquake
~ Stealth Rock
~ U-turn
~ Stone Edge

Note: Enough Speed to outrun Adamant Lucario

Froslass @ Focus Sash | Cursed Body
Timid | 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Shadow Ball
~ Spikes
~ Taunt
~ Destiny Bond

Note: It has enough SpA to 2HKO

Mamoswine @ Life Orb | Thick Fat
Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Earthquake
~ Icicle Crash / Icicle Spear
~ Ice Shard
~ Superpower

Rotom-W prefers more bulk to better check Keldeo for the team. Try 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD; Calm Nature. With this spread you can survive 2 Secret Swords and 2 Hydro Pumps in the Rain if you have to.

You may want to consider T-Wave on Rotom-W, as atm Volcarona in the Sun could cause this team major trouble. Instead of a Spiker, you may want to invest in a Volcarona check like Scarf Garchomp with Rock Slide, as well.

I just want to say, thank you everyone for your feedback. You've all been very helpful. I've made a lot changes to my team. I'll post the changes below. I'd like your feedback regarding the changes I've made.

1)First off, I've switched my Hitmontop for Tangrowth. Name: Physically Defensive Tank.
Tangrowth @ Leftovers

Ability:Regenerator
EVs:252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature:Relaxed
~Giga Drain
~Hidden Power Ice
~Sleep Powder
~Knock Off

Comment: Tangrowth provides good support for my team. I really didn't have any counters for opposing Rotom-W. Therefore, my team needed a Grass-Type. On top of that, Tangrowth is a good physical wall, so it'll be able to handle many physical threats, as well as attract many Bug, and Fire-Types. I have Heatran on my team, so I shouldn't have much to worry.

2)Secondly, I've made some minor changes to my, Landorus-T. Name: Offensive Pivot.
Landorus-T @ Leftovers
EVs:200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~U-Turn
~Stone Edge

Comment: Unlike my Previous Landorus-T, this set makes good use of, Stealth Rock. It still has the same EdgeQuake Combo, and U-Turn is used to scout. As you'll see, I've changed its EVs around as well. I've taken a more bulkier approach, meaning this set will be able to take more hits. In addition, it still has has offensive presence to it as well.

3)I've decided to make my Rotom-W more specially defensive. Name: Specially Defensive.
Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs:248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Nature:Calm
~Volt Switch
~Hydro Pump
~Will-O-Wisp
~Pain Split

Comment: Seeing as how I didn't have much to counter rain teams let alone Keldeo, I've decided to make my Rotom-W more bulkier. Of course, Latias is a good counter for Keldeo, but I cannot always depend on Latias. It's always a good idea to have a another strategy. This set is identical to my last one. The only difference is I've changed the EVs, and its nature.

4)I've replaced specially defensive Jirachi for offensive Heatran. Name: Offensive Heatran.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability:Flash Fire
EVs:252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power Ice
~Taunt

Comment: Based on your awesome feedback, and seeing as how much of a threat Volcarona was to my team, I've decided it's time for a solid Volcarona counter. I already have specially defensive Rotom-W on my team. Therefore, I've decided to take an offensive approach on my Heatran. I have Taunt in order to stop sweepers from setting up. Hidden Power Ice is mainly for Dragon-Types. However, it's also capable of stopping Landorus-T, Hippowdon, etc.

5)Say goodbye to my revenge killer, Mamoswine. Say hello to my revenge killer, Terrakion. Name: Choice Scarf.
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability:Justified
EVs:4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Nature:Jolly
~Close Combat
~Stone Edge
~X-Scissor
~Earthquake

Comment: Mamoswine is a brilliant Pokemon, but I felt as if my team just didn't need him. Terrakion, on the other hand, can greatly benefit my team in so many ways. Number 1, I now have a choice scarf user, and to top it off, choice scarf Terrakion can outspeed +2 Cloyster, Venusaur under the sun if it's Modest Nature, and much more. I now have counter towards opposing Latias, and Latios. Thanks for Terrakion's X-Scissor, I don't fear Latios as much as I did before.

6)Instead of running offensive Latias, I've decided to run the usual defensive CM set. Name: Calm Mind.
Latias @ Leftovers
EVs:252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~Calm Mind
~Roost
~Dragon Pulse
~Psyshock

Comment: I have Heatran, and most Heatran are good counters to Venusaur. However, Venusaur running EQ is very common nowadays from what I've seen, and it's always nice to have a second counter for such a dangerous Pokemon. CM Latias is also a really good counter for Keldeo. HP Ice, HP Ghost, or Icy Wind won't KO Latias in right away, and I can just retaliate with Psyshock.

Last edited:

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey Orb, nice team you have here! I actually think version 2 of your team is much better since it does a good job of dealing with your previous Keldeo weakness through your solid Defensive Core. Scarf Terrakion and Heatran also make it much easier for you to deal with Volcarona, overall I would say that your team is balance pretty well. The only suggestion I would make at this point would be to switch your Tangrowth for Amoonguss. They are pretty similar Pokes but Amoonguss has clear advantages in Spore and Clear Smog to prevent setup sweepers from going to work on your team. Also, it is more Specially Defensive which fits your team better since you have Landorus-T to take physical attacks all day. Having a Poison Typing as well will let it absorb Figthing Type attacks much easier as well. You can use the standard set from the Strategy Dex.

Hopefully my suggestions helped! Good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)