Standard with a Chance of Sand

Okay I have been testing this team out on Shoddy and it has been doing quite well. It can become a Sandstorm team when Tyranii comes in, with 4 of 6 resisting. I would like some opinions on who stays/goes, moves and what not.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def

-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam

Your typical Swampy lead. I have been using a Swampert as my lead for quite a while now and he seems to get his job done pretty well, put down SR, maybe kill some pokes and take some damage too.

Magnezone@ Leftovers
Magnet Pull
Naive
40 Atk/252 SpA/216 Speed

-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Explosion
-?

I just started using this thing when I made this team on Shoddy and oh my, where have you been all these years, i love this thing. Comes in on the ever common Skarms and Forretresses sets a sub up and goes to town. I have a question about the last move, I have no idea how to get the correct HP so what would fill in well with no Hidden Power?

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid
6 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Speed

-Hypnosis
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

Good old Gengar. Typically I would like to get him out there before Tyranitar gets out there to take advantage of Focus Sash, but if he doesn't it's no big deal. The sash has won me a couple of games as people might not expect it, I think it's a great item on him. The leading special sweeper on the team

Lanturn @ leftovers
Calm
40 HP/76 Def/140 SpA/252 SpD

-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
-Surf

Let's just say this pokemon is extremely underrated. People should be using it more often. It can take the Ice Beams directed at Flygon and can take Surfs with ease. Then with the BoltBeam combo it packs a punch too. Pairs well with Flygon as he doesn't like taking an E-Quake to the face.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed

-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Outrage
-Fire Blast

Good revenge killer. Sucks up E-Quakes directed at Lanturn/Magnezone/Tyranitar. I haven't used him yet, but I'm hoping he's as good as advertised. Good buddies with Tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Adamant
6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed

-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Fire Punch

This is the main man of the team. Comes in to the late game DD's up and commences to finish their team off. I couldn't believe how hard he hits after a DD. He also can bring in the Sandstorm, with 4 of 6 resisting it. Just a good solid poke.

Thanks for reading

You should not have Focus Sash on Gengar if you have no spinner because Swampert usually lets the other team set up rocks and have TTar starting up a sand storm use life orb.

First off you have a grass weakness. the focus sash on your gengar is going to be almost useless. Only out 508 evs in your ev spreads, using 510 is sloppy and confusing. Hp grass for magnezone. If your planning on using ddttar to lure out steels, Then you will want to use something other than life orb probably bareri or leftys. when using magnezone with ttar. eq over fire punch.

Use jolly on ttar. Then you can outspeed gengar, infernape, azelf, and starmie. There are more situations where you want jolly than adamant.

Thank you all for the advice. Believe me I would have used a Jolly Tyranitar but a 31/31/31/2/6/31 Adamant one dropped into my lap.

Do you need Magnezone? I mean, your team doesn't really have a Skarmory problem, and you could use another steel type, Like Lucario. Also Gengars' Focus Sash is ruined(unless you use Tyranitar later, but still) making Gengar useless(currently).

haunter

Banned deucer.
Please expand your descriptions a bit and complete Magnezone's movesets or I'll have to lock this thread.

@ above: he has a Scizor problem, he can lure a bullet punch with DD TTar and trap it with Magnezone.

If you can't get Hidden Power on your Magnezone, try using Flash Cannon as an offensive option. It's inferior coverage, but it gets STAB, and can be useful against Rock and Ice types like Rhyperior and Mamoswine, who absorb your electric attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)