Star Trek Thread

You guys like Star Trek? I am a HUGE fan of Star Trek... I have all seven seasons of Star Trek Deep Space Nine and I have seen pretty much all of the series.

But anyway, I am eagerly anticipating the movie.. and I can't wait to go see it this weekend. Star Trek movies have had a reputation for letting the franchise down by being generally sucktastic.. but this movie looks more like a run of the mill action flick with just Star Trek as the name... Rumors have it that if the movie is a big hit, they will make another series (they recently said they were done).

You guys going to see it? Any of you Trekkies?

I was raised on TNG, which is why the last TNG movie pissed me off so much. Why would you kill Data? He's the best star trek character of all time!

TNG is the fucking best. I just watched first contact. Borg was amazing, until voyager ruined it for everyone.

I love the borg.

We are The Borg.

I agree that Voyager ruined everything. I think that the developers just wanted to have a female captain for the sake of "gender equality" or some other such thing. However, this failed because Janeway behaved like a robot most of the time (you know, without amazing robot strength or ability to play violin). Not to mention the fact that Voyager had the least-appealing storyline. I'm all for deep-space exploration, but they never came into serious contact with any of the fun races (I'm talking Romulans and Ferengi).

Deep Space Nine was pretty good until they introduced those hyper-lame bucket people towards the end.

TNG was the best. That is all.

Actually, I didn't say voyager ruined anything but the borg, though I dislike that show more than I dislike DS9 and that's saying something. Fucking ferengi's in every damn scene, talk about an alien made to fit a stereotype (jew). Stupidity. Also odo? what the fuck, though I guess retards can exist in other species.

I fucking LOVE romulans, they are so badass; a bird of prey will wreck your shit anyday. I remember having a model of one as a child when my brother had one of the enterprise. I threw his into the wall, shattering it, because obviously the bird of prey would win again. Good times.

The best star trek scene ever is that one where you have all the federation ships fighting a single borg cube and getting their asses handed to them. That was awesome, totally humbling for enterprise fans.

The best star trek scene ever is that one where you have all the federation ships fighting a single borg cube and getting their asses handed to them. That was awesome, totally humbling for enterprise fans.
Wasn't that the TNG one where Picard gets turned into a Borg? Because that was completely and utterly badass. And yes, pretty much the entire Federation got swept like a team of 6 Sevipers against an Alakazam.

although I'd like to nominate that one episode of TNG where picard makes a borg have individuality and then that one borg fucks up the ENTIRE collective and makes them into idiots as a horrid writing call. They shoulda milked the borg for all they were worth.

True. The Borg is possibly the best alien species in Star Trek. Although I'm a huge fan of the Romulans because in TNG you knew that some crazy shit was going down whenever Worf said "Romulan warbird de-cloaking off the starboard bow". The Federation would be at least seven times as awesome if they used cloaking devices.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I fucking LOVE romulans, they are so badass; a bird of prey will wreck your shit anyday.
A bird of prey is a Klingon ship. Romulans use warbirds.

The borg are assholes.

Seviper learns Sucker Punch, so at least one of them would land a hit on Alakazam and probably OHKO it.

TNG was alright but had no plot it was too free roaming.... Deep Space Nine was where its at man... Yeah I admit the Ferengi episodes shit bricks, but the Dominion was easily the best alien faction ever, particularly the brutality of the Jem'Hadar. Honestly, the Jem'Hadar would hand the Borg their asses... but I didn't care for the dumbass founders because they clearly had no leadership skills for a race with such a dominant military. I grew up on TNG, but to fall in love with DS9 a good 5 years after I'd seen all of TNG just shows how powerful of a series it was. DS9 was built of many historical parallels and you can see them manifest themselves in every episode.

Anyway, I'm so looking forward to this movie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)