ORAS Doubles OU STARDUST - SemiRoom in DUU (Peaked #1)

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
i don't know what tag to use lol

sup! I'm not really great with these kind of stuff so I'll keep it brief. While I am known for the stuff I do in Doubles OU, lately I've been having fun with a change of scenery in DUU. After last playing DUU a few months ago in the Doubles UU Bo3 Tour (which I also won ayy), I came back to it after Mr. n10sit brought up DUU in a conversation and kinda-ish asked for some more sample teams; I, being the tryhard that I am, didn't just want to give something half-assed, so I made a team and then tested it multiple times, against other good players and the ladder. I found it rather fun, surprisingly, and so, after realizing I conveniently owned the "battle me duu" alt, reg'd in a suspect test, I set my sights to getting #1 on the ladder.

This team is a SemiRoom build; it's a kind of team that has both fast and slow pieces and utilizes Trick Room, and it is pretty adept at dictating the pace of a match since it has a good all-around hold of the Speed game because it can use its faster Pokemon against slower teams, reverse TR against opposing TR teams, and TR against faster ones. I like this particular build because it's just damn flexible; I'm the type of player who's adept at keeping control, I guess? SemiRoom teams also naturally have some good bulk and defensive backbones in them; basically, I really like the balance of both offensive and defensive play on these builds.

I used Mega Blastoise on this team as it's a Mega that n10 wanted a team on; I haven't really used it before, but after using it so much I realized that its high placing in the Viability Rankings is actually deserved. Anyways, onto the team!

Note: The Pokemon are in order of when they were added to the team. Somehow, I never needed to edit anything on this team since it has good matchups across the board. Guess we luck into those sometimes eh? Also, some "Trick Room-y" stuff has Speed EVs, the reason for which being so that they get the jump on Pokemon in the same range. It's preferred that even the "slow" stuff have Speed so that they get the jump on slower teams without needing to go head-to-head under Trick Room

INVICTUS (Blastoise-Mega) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Mega Blastoise is the team's base, its starting point. With its stellar combination of high bulk and power, Mega Blastoise functions as the team's most reliable attacker, capable in taking some good blows and dishing strong ones both. Its solid Water typing lets it handily deal with Diancie and the stupidly high amount of Fire-types in the metagame. The set's pretty basic; the EV spread is simply maximum HP and Special Attack because that's the business with 8 Speed for other stuff in this range, while its coverage moves are just for.... coverage. Dark Pulse is handy for dealing with Mega Metagross, Jellicent, Latias, and Hoopa. Aura Sphere hits Crawdaunt, Porygon2, and Mega Abomasnow mainly.

INKHEART (Diancie) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Diancie is the team's Trick Room setter and, imo, the MVP of the team since it can just carry games on its own. I preferred an offensive kind of setter because I didn't want to give up any momentum, preferring to just keep up my pace and threaten the hell out of my opps. Diancie helps a good lot against faster kind of teams with Mega Aero and stuff. More importantly, it also helps in dealing with the stupidly high amount of Fire-types in the metagame. Set's pretty standard: WeakPol boosts Diancie's offensive presence considerably if it gets the raise; with the threat of a possible sweep, opps don't just recklessly go ham on Dianice, letting it live longer (probably). The moveset is pretty easy to understand. I maxed out Attack instead of splitting in some form because I just spam Diamond Storm lol, Moonblast only being used on moments when I have to.

6MAN (Hariyama) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Hariyama is the team's Fake Out guy and strongest TR attacker. With Fake Out, it can give its teammates opportunities to do... stuff and just get momentum from the get go. In particular, it can help Diancie set TR much freely, after which the duo will go all-in. Aside from that, all Hariyama is just take a few hits and just KO stuff, pretty basic really. I'm using the Flame Orb set instead of the Life Orb + Thick Fat one; this is because I'd rather have that slight power boost over a better match-up against a few Ices and the stupidly high amount of Fire-types in the metagame. With TR only lasting for so long, that higher multiplier can make all the difference. As a bonus, Hariyama also functions as a handy status sponge, giving me an out against Paralysis cheese along with Rotom-C. The moveset should be easy to understand: Knock Off is there to hit Ghosts like Jellicent and to function as utility, and Bullet Punch is there for priority and possibly sniping opposing Diancie. Hariyama outruns Diancie in Trick Room so that it can KO a foe first, opening the possibility of no-spread reduction Diamond Storm.

VICTORY (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Victini is the team's fastest guy, the team's Speed safety net, and team's pick from the stupidly high number of Fire-types in the metagame. Its role on the team is basically to support the team offensively, utilizing its high Speed and power in order to swiftly KO foes, removing threats to partners. It's what lets the team not get beat down by a ton of really fast stuff, namely Tornadus, Aerodactlyl, Deo-A, and Mega Metagross. Conveniently enough, Victini is p nifty too for bluffing the a dedicated TR team, letting it nab a KO on unsuspecting opponents. Its moveset is p easy to understand. U-turn is pretty useful for making plays with the Trick Room thing and positioning. Victini has 12 HP so that it can KO 252 HP base 70 HP foes like Clefairy and Mega Camerupt with Final Gambit at max HP.

MEDICINE (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Protect

This thing shouldn't be DUU wtf! Anyways, Salamence is here because I wanted an attacker that's not slow, something that's able to outrun and hit majority of the metagame. Its coverage and power is really nifty as it can beat a lot of stuff on its own. Intimidate is also pretty useful because it can let my other guys live longer. I'm using Timid on it in order to get the jump on a lot stuff such as Roserade and Adamant / Modest base 100s. If I picked something for its Speed, why the hell would I not max it? Draco is obvious, Fire Blast is to hit stuff like Tangela, Steel-types, etc., and Hydro Pump is for Diancie and the stupidly high number of Fire-types in the metagame.

BITCHIMINTHECUT (Rotom-Mow) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 156 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Rotom-C is on the team because it's in the cut. I felt that I really wanted something that can face off against (Mega) Blastoise and Manaphy without straight up losing, so I put this here. Rotom-C surprisingly works well, working great as a pivot with its good matchups across the board; unfortunately, it loses to any one of the stupidly high number of Fire-types in the metagame, but it does have Volt Switch to ditch pretty quickly. On that note, Volt Switch is pretty useful for setting up some nifty plays with TR and positioning in general, and it is nifty for bolting from the drops from Leaf Storm! The spread lets it live Rotom-C take a Life Orb Heat Wave from Volcarona, factoring spread reduction.

Overall, I really like this team. It has good matchups all-around, against most playstyles. It looks problematic against TR, like some people said lol, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case; this team is pretty adept at telling Trick Room teams to get bent by stopping TR from getting set up and possibly straight up reversing TR. The only matchup that looks "only ok" is Manaphy; if it sets a TG, it can be a matter of playing around it depending on the coverage. I met one on the ladder and I had to tell it to get bent through Victini's Final Gambit. Most of the time though, this team should be fine.

That concludes the RMT! Thanks for reading :heart:

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 156 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)