Stat Formula

I didnt see anything on this when I searched.

Is there a formula to calculate final stats using the base stats along with the stats IV, EV, Nature Addition/Reduction, etc.? Im trying to write out a sheet, and it would be alot easier if I could just write down the base stats and make my calculations from there.

Well they do tell you the stats like that on Serebii.
Im writing it in a notebook, and I dont want to write the Min and Max stats for Hindering, Neutral and Benifical.

Edit: Thanks a ton Misty!

Edit 2: Oh yea, what is the calculation for HP? I know its higher, so I also need to know how to calculate that.

Edit 3: Oh yea, another thing. For the Nature, is Neutral 1.0, Benificial 1.1 and Hindering 0.9?

Edit 4: Lol, lots of edits. Can anybody tell me if there is a floor button on the calculator, and if so, what it sort of looks like? :P Thats a kind of noobish quest, lol.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
HP at level 100 is base * 2 + 110 + IV + EVs/4.

Beneficial is 1.1 and hindering is .9.

Floor() just means remove any decimals (i.e. 284.5 -> 284).

(( 2 * BS ) + IV + ( EV / 4 ) * L / 100 ) + 5 ) *N
BS: Base Stat (1-255)

IV: Individual Value (0-31)
EV: Effort Value (0-255)
L: Level
N: Nature

I'm not exactly sure what HP's formula is, though.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
RBYGSC:
HP: HP: ((base + dv + (ev / 8 )8) + 50) * level / 50) + 10
Others: ((base + iv + (ev / 8 8))) * level / 50) + 5

Note that "ev/8" is a bit misleading because RBYGSC did not use the EV system but rather stat experience with no 510 cap. It was an extremely arcane system that no one fully understood, but for equivalent purposes just consider EVs with the 255-per-stat cap but no 510 cap.

The special defense DV was the same as the special attack DV, and the HP DV was +8 if attack was odd, +4 is defense was odd, +2 if speed was odd, and +1 if special was odd.

ADVANCE/DP:
HP: ((base + (dv / 2) + (ev / 8 ) 8) + 50) * level / 50) + 10
OTHER: (((base + (iv / 2) + (ev / 8 8)) * level / 50) + 5) * nature

Note that this is NEVER ROUNDED DOWN until the very end.

HP at level 100 is base * 2 + 110 + IV + EVs/4.

Beneficial is 1.1 and hindering is .9.

Floor() just means remove any decimals (i.e. 284.5 -> 284).
Thanks Misty.

I knew what Floor meant, I was just wondering if there was a button for it on the calculator, lol.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
HP = Floor(( BaseStat * 2 + IV + Floor( EV/4 ) ) * Level/100) + 10 + Level
Other stats = Floor((Floor(( BaseStat * 2 + IV + Floor( EV/4 ) ) * Level/100) + 5 ) * Nature )

Floor means round down the result you get in the brackets.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
TRE's and mine are equivalent, by the way. You need to round down before applying the nature on mine as well, however; something that I neglected to mention.

Hrm, apparantly mine was truncated. It should be "ev / 8". Edited in now.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
TRE's and mine are equivalent, by the way. You need to round down before applying the nature on mine as well, however; something that I neglected to mention.

It's really close but not quite.

Base = 255
DV = 31
EV = 255
Level = 99

((base + (dv / 2) + (ev / 8 ) + 50) * level / 50) + 10 = 707
Floor(( BaseStat * 2 + IV + Floor( EV/4 ) ) * Level/100) + 10 + Level = 706

The Effort Points above 252 throw your formula off by a bit. You need to round down after dividing the EV by 8.

For non-HP stats, you need to round down before Nature or that will cause problems as well.

Surgo

goes to eleven
Ah, right. I had neglected to think about EVs that weren't cleanly divisible by four, which would cause difficulties.

Thanks for editing my post in the resource thread, Surgo. You weren't the only one who didn't regognize the difference.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I usually go with TRE's formula, but I actually write just one formula that can be used for every stat (even HP), not two separate ones for HP and for the others:

Stat = floor(floor((2 * B + I + floor(E / 4)) * L / 100) + X) * N)

where:

B = Base stat
I = IV in that stat
E = EV in that stat
L = Level
X = L + 10 if stat is HP, 5 otherwise
N = 1.1 if beneficial nature, 0.9 if hindering nature, 1 otherwise.

That's how I do it. As you can see, this is TRE's two formulae combined in one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)