Steps to Spirituality

Steps to Spirituality

Introduction

I was interested in using a lesser seen Mega Evolution so I just looked through the list and decided to settle with Mega Medicham. I liked it on paper but its defenses scared me quite a bit, with Talonflame and all, so I decided to stick with trying to use it as a late-game sweeper. I set out to make the rest of the team focused around removing or significantly weakening all checks and counters. It ended up looking less like a hyper offensive team, which I wanted to make, and more on the bulky side focused on slowly killing stuff rather than straight up taking it out. It has had some success, so far it is 25-4 on my account, Derp'sJunkitron, although I played 3 unrated battles against comparatively skilled players as well and won. I have been keeping track of the problems I have been experiencing, so I'll be putting that at the end.

The Team

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 248 HP / 220 SDef / 40 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume

- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

- Toxic

Talonflame. Talonflame was pretty much the first reason I decided to put Heatran here. Obviously it wasn't the only thing that pushed me but it was a huge factor because Medicham just died in front of it no matter what you did. Apart from that, I really needed entry hazards to make dealing with issues easier so Stealth Rock was an obvious option. Toxic and Protect were initially placeholders because I was considering Ancient Power and/or Earth Power. However, after using Toxic and Protect for a while, I started liking it a lot because Toxic really sped up the softening up of checks and counters to other Pokemon. Not sure what else to say here, this isn't a really unique set or anything and its role is pretty straightforward with Flash Fire and all.

Changed Protect to Taunt to allow Heatran to stop things from setting up on it while stopping recovery moves as well. EVs changed to outrun Mandibuzz.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

I was debating between a physically defensive set and a specially defensive set and I ended up going with the latter. I had enough answers to Talonflame and I had a dedicated physical wall, so I could't see any reason to go with physically defensive Rotom. The next debate was between ChestoRest or Pain Split with Leftovers and I, once again, went with the latter. I was never a huge fan of ChestroRest unless I needed a status absorber, which I don't. Also, I really liked how much more useful Pain Split was in terms of setting the opponent back rather than regaining maximum HP. I was unsure if I should run Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave ended up not being really useful seeing how slowing down most things didn't usually make Medicham's job easier or anybody's really seeing how I needed the things weakened.
Switched to Conkeldurr. Solved a ton of problems, gave me a great status absorber and really just helped all around.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse

- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Greninja was the first offensive Pokemon that came to mind when I thought fast and coverage (Genesect came second), so I gave it a try. I did have issues in that it doubled up some weaknesses, but those weaknesses could usually be dealt with easily by the rest of the team, so I didn't pay much attention to this issue. I was hoping for something bulkier but Greninja proved to be able to take resisted hits for not too much damage, although I probably shouldn't be using Greninja to take hits in the first place. The only thing I was unsure about here was running Dark Pulse. There were obvious uses for it and it was greatly appreciated and all, but I really felt that U-turn would come in handy quite often. In the end, I chose to stick with Dark Pulse because I really wasn't dealing much damage with U-turn in regards to super effective hits and switching out could be done manually too given the insignificant damage dealt.
Changed Extransensory to U-turn to help form a VoltTurn core with Rotom-W and Landorus-T. Changed Surf to Hydro Pump for extra power.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

This right here is probably my favorite part of the team. Choice Scarf Excadrill catches pretty much everyone off guard, although only the first time. After that, it becomes obvious that some people had planned for something like Air Balloon Excadrill and that the Scarf was throwing them off. This was my backup answer to Talonflame, usually following it KOing something. Along with that, this thing was a great answer to Megazard Y. Most people have no idea why I switch it in and just go for an attack again but get outrun and hit with Rock Slide. The imperfect accuracy has gotten in the way multiple times, but it isn't that bad, so I stuck with it. Iron Head is usually just for neutral STAB but it also comes in handy against Fairy-types seeing how Bullet Punch usually doesn't OHKO. Earthquake tends to be the primary move of choice simply because of Mold Breaker and how much damage it deals even when neutral.
Landorus-T replaced Excadrill as this team's Scarfer. It helped deal with physical Pokemon, something that became necessary after dropping Skarmory, with Intimidate. Also, it formed a VoltTurn core with Rotom-W and Greninja, helping to build momentum.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

I can't remember what Skarmory initially was but it was physically bulky. I needed a physical wall that could take on things like other Excadrill and Azumarill, especially Azumarill, so I ended up with the most obvious choice. I was unsure of whether I should use Defog or Spikes seeing how Excadrill had Scarf, but I went with Spikes when I saw that Excadrill forced switches without too much difficulty so you could predict and Spin. Amazingly, Skarmory played a huge role in softening things up by either aiding in Toxic stalling or phazing like there was no tomorrow, which actually happened quite often when I played.
Defog user replacing Skarmory. Provided great special bulk for the team while also dealing with bulky Water-types.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Fire Punch

- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

And now we have the only reason why I bothered to make this team. It is pretty much a straightforward set aiming to hit as much as possible. Zen Headbutt over Psycho Cut just because I saw how many OHKOs became 2HKOs with Psycho Cut. The accuracy hasn't been a huge deal, only had a problem once, but I recovered from it nicely. I was debating between Substitute and Bullet Punch, but ended up going with the attack seeing how I only brought Medicham in at the very end or near the very end, so Substitute was pretty much useless. Fire Punch was supposed to be Ice Punch but it never happened seeing how things like Landorus-T were too troublesome on switch so I decided to leave it to the rest of the team, which wasn't too difficult.

Changed Drain Punch to High Jump Kick for the additional base power.
Issues I saw
Bulky Water-types- These were very problematic. Vaporeon and Slowbro are probably the most notable ones that come to mind. Slowbro with Regenerator stalled out so much of my team that it cost me the game. Vaporeon was just way to bulky for anything on my team. I couldn't switch Medicham in seeing how the burn would ruin any chance of winning.

Conclusion
Sorry if there were any problems with the RMT, I imagine that the descriptions may have been lacking in some necessary information that I just couldn't seem to think of. Apart from that, I really liked the team and how it played, so I'd appreciate it if, when providing feedback, the playstyle wasn't too vastly changed.
Exportable

Please keep the names. :D

Kallen (Heatran) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SDef / 40 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Kallen (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Kallen (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Kallen (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Kallen (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Kallen (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Fire Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Last edited:
Alrighty, got the request to rate this one so here we go. First off I love the fact that you are using Mega Medicham, it's a monster on the right team and this seems to be one of them. You have mentioned that you were having trouble with bulky waters, most notably Slowbro, stopping Mega Medicham in its tracks. You may try swapping out Skarmory for a Latias in order to beat Slowbro, Mega Pinsir, Manaphy, and more. The Latias set that I am going to recommend is an offensive Defog set, meaning you will not need to use Rapid Spin on Excadrill anymore. You do lose Spikes from Skarmory but in return no longer get walled by bulky waters and aid Mega Medicham by getting rid of more things that wall it.

Since running Rapid Spin on a Scarfed Excadrill is less than optimal and is now no longer needed due to its new teammate, I suggest running Shadow Claw over Rapid Spin. As uncommon as they are, things like Cofagrigus and Calm Mind Reuniclus give your team some trouble. Shadow Claw can hit them for good damage and will make them think twice about swapping into your Excadrill next time. To allude back to my first paragraph, being Slowbro is a threat, Shadow Claw also gives you an answer to him without having to be forced out every time one swaps in on you. Even if none of these threats are on the enemy team, Shadow Claw still provides more damage and coverage than a useless Rapid Spin.

The change I made to get rid of Skarmory left you without a premier physical wall. Because of this you can try running this EV spread for Rotom-Wash: 216 HP / 152 Def / 96 SAtk / 44 Spd. This EV spread looks somewhat complicated and kind of daunting for some, but is in fact very simple and straight forward. 216 EV's give Rotom-Wash an odd number of HP, making it take one less percentage of damage on the switch in the Stealth Rocks up. One percent might not seem like a lot, but on something that is a defensive pivot, a secondary answer to your main threat (Slowbro), and something to cripple other physical sweepers, it needs to stay alive as long as possible. 152 Def EV's and a Bold Nature is all that is needed to avoid being 2hko'd by Choice Banded Talonflame's Brave Bird after rocks damage. 44 speed is to out pace max speed Jolly Azumarill's, and 96 SAtk are just filler EV's. You can put some if not all of the SAtk EV's into defense if you feel you are dying too fast to taking too much damage than you feel comfortable with.

This last change is so minor that it really doesn't even deserve a paragraph to itself. Because you are using a Life Orb on your Greninja it is nice to have an HP number that is odd so that you take 9% from recoil and not 10%. Replace the 4 HP EV's you have on him and place them in Defense. As far as other sets go nothing needed to be changed. Superb team and good luck in the future with it.
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 220 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor

One of the first things I noticed was the definite struggle with mega venusaur this team has before bringing Medicham onto the field. Seeing as Medicham is a sweeper, I'd like to keep it back instead of having to force it early by seeing Mega Venusaur just leech seed spamming. There is one very easy way to solve this without changing any team members, and another that nog just suggested.

First, the option to change Hidden Power Fire on Greninja to Extrasensory is helpful for bashing past mega venusaur. Secondly, taking that set nog had for latias and adding in psyshock somewhere would also serve at least as a check. The first acts a bit better as a lure, though.

As far as Rapid spin/Shadow claw go for adding a defogger, I agree in the sense that it is absolutely horrible to be choice locked into rapid spin. Arguably the worst offensive move to ever be locked into. Seeing as you'd be replacing skarm for a defogger to help with the issues, it wouldn't hinder spike setting. Also, note that most of Medicham's switch in's (Flying types) wouldn't and can't be bothered by spikes. Mandibuzz, Skarmory, gliscor... even a swoobat all were the common switch-ins.

Lastly, even though it has less power, I suggest trying Psycho cut over Zen Headbutt on Medicham. The reason is two-fold. First, the better accuracy means that you'll never miss in crucial situations. Secondly, Psycho cut doesn't make contact, meaning rocky helmet skarmory cannot hurt you when you attack.

Moving the EVs around for Rotom-W and Greninja, I always forget about odd HP for Life Orb recoil. Will change Hidden Power Fire to Extrasensory as well, I do remember now that I had to bring out Medicham early to deal with Mega Venusaur. It wasn't a huge deal, but I was iffy about doing it again. My main concern with replacing Skarmory with Latias is that I no longer have something that can solidly take hits from Azumarill. Even with physical Rotom-W, I am still risking a possible 2HKO from Azumarill, meaning that I cannot safely switch it in, especially with Stealth Rock. I am not as concerned with the loss of Spikes as I am with this issue seeing how I know that I always fall back to Skarmory for Azumarill, although Rotom-W doesn't fair too badly if it is already in when Azumarill comes in unless it is at low HP.
Also, for Psycho Cut, I am really hesitant on making these changes. I can check what it was exactly again, but I remember multiple calcs in which Zen Headbutt allowed me to OHKO things that Psycho Cut didn't and they were things that I couldn't risk leaving Medicham in against. Obviously, I should have dealt with these things before, but I am not exactly the most skilled player so things usually get through and are still around when I bring in Medicham.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, I got the request! I'm happy to rate your team for you. Now, from what I read and what I can see synergy wise, Mega Medicham is a great cleaner, yet is quite obviously weak to Talonflame. Having both Rotom-w and Heatran really help with this, while both provide some sort of support, be it Volt turning, or Toxic support (or Burn supprt if you get lucky). Both are excellent switchins to Talonflame, and Rotom-w stops Mega Pinsir in its tracks, which is nice as well as Quick Attack hurts your win condition. Skarmory helps stop most physical attackers from walking all over you, however this has some flaws (I'll get onto that later). Excadrill seems underrated, however I feel there are better Scarvers than it (its speed isnt all that good). Greninja is as always a nice Wallbreaker.

Ok, the biggest threat I can see is Mega Charizard X. After one boost, it can OHKO and outspeed your entire team, and even without a boost it at least 2hkoes your entire team. The only thing you can do is try and force it into Outrage, and if it runs Dragon Claw, then you can't outplay it. A standard EQ/ Dragon Claw/ Dragon Dance/ Fire Punch set 6-0s your team, while other sets, namely Roost sets, can still hurt you pretty badly. Manaphy is another threat once boosted, as Scarf Exca's EQ does at most 60% while it can KO your entire team. (Grenina does Dark Pulse for at most 50%). Lastly, I wouldn't recommend SpikeStacking, as your team is nowhere near stallish or bulky enough to be able to set up Spikes consistently throughout the match, meaning one slip up and the Opponent Defogs, and all you can say is dammit.

One thing you can run that can stop Mega Venusaur (mentioned above) as well as Charizard X, is replacing Excadrill with Scarf Landorus-I. Landorus I can run Psychic/ Earth Power/ U-turn/ filler to handle so much stuff, and provides more offensive pressure than Excadrill. Being able to outspeed +1 Charizard is magnificent for you, and its wallbreaking power can really help wear down bulky waters. O, it also forms a good Voltturn core with Rotom-w and its excellent synergy. Now, with these changes, Landorus is an excellent wallbreaker, and Greninja simply provides synergy issues (as you pointed out). Since you have issues with Manaphy still as well as Chansey, You could really use something that can take on stall teams with Landorus. Something fast and powerful. Something no one uses anymore. I would try BandTerrakion. Terrakion helps break down walls and put offensive pressure on the opposing team (similar to Mega Lucario) and having fantastic synergy with the rest of your team. It also can do something to Azumarill switchins unlike Greninja. Landorus-t and Gliscor switchins are walled by Skarmory, and provide free turns. Lastly, as I said, Spikestacking is relatively bad this generation. Since you lack Excadrill now (if you follow my suggestions) you could use a Defogger. A simple change of Spikes to Defog on Skarmory helps. Hope this helped your team!

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor/ HP Ice

Landorus-Incarnate @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Focus Blast/ HP Ice/ Sludge Wave

Awww, not my Excadrill. :(

On a more serious note, I do see your point. Against other Scarfers, Excadrill is pretty useless and I literally just experienced that multiple times in a row, putting me down to 28-8, although one of those four additional losses was because I clicked Excadrill instead of Skarmory and got OHKOd, setting me back quite a bit.

Anyway, these two changes, Excadrill to Landorus-I and Greninja to Terrakion, bring up a few concerns for me. Talonflame is probably one of the less important concerns seeing how I still have Rotom-W and Heatran, but now I don't have the ability to catch a Talonflame off guard with Rock Slide. My next and larger concern is Rotom-W itself. With Excadrill, I had a sure way to KO Rotom-W either when it switched in or stayed in for some reason. Neither Landorus-I nor Terrakion can do the same before getting KOd with Hydro Pump, unless the former uses Gravity. My next concern is Azumarill. With these changes, I have half my team not liking Aqua Jet/Waterfall and then two thirds of the rest not liking Play Rough. Previously, I could at least switch Greninja in on CB Azumarill or a weakened Azumarill and Excadrill could come in on CB Play Rough. Now, everything relies on Skarmory to take hits.

I will still give these changes a try, primarily because of how opposing Scarfers can be problematic, as they were, but Rotom-W and Azumarill specifically are scaring me on paper right now.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
First of all, your team is easily swept by Nasty Plot Vacuum Wave Mega Lucario, which not only OHKOes everything after a Nasty Plot, but can set up against almost everything on your team. For this reason, change Skarmory to specially defensive Zapdos, which not only counters special Lucario but special LO Aegislash too, which can switch into Skarmory or Mega Medicham and 2HKO your whole team. Zapdos also takes care of bulky Water-types nicely, which is great for your team.

Now that you have anti-hazard support with Zapdos, i suggest you change Excadrill to Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Landorus-T's Intimidate and U-turn allow it to keep momentum and make up for the lack of a dedicated physical wall, allowing you to check Pokemon such as DD Mega Charizard X, Swords Dance Mega Lucario, Garchomp, and Mold Breaker Excadrill, which would all easily wreck your team otherwise.

Now, let's move to some minor suggestions. Replace Extrasensory with U-turn on Greninja. You don't need Extrasensory on Greninja, you can already wear down Mega Venusaur with SR + U-turn while going to Mega Medicham, not to mention that Dark Pulse can 2HKO after Mega Venusaur switches into SR + U-turn. U-turn is needed because it has great synergy with the rest of your team (Rotom-W and Landorus-T), gives free switches to Mega Medicham against special walls, and allows you to pressue the defensive cores which you can't break through. For example, a defensive core of Chansey + Slowbro, a common core on stall teams, walls your entire team, but with SR up you can wear down down Chansey with U-turn pretty easily, so that you can later 2HKO it. And needless to say, SR is pretty easy to keep up with your team against stall teams, as the common Defog users found there, such as Skarmory and Mega Scizor, don't want to switch into your SR setter, Heatran.

Also, without a dedicated physical wall, Rotom-W needs all the physical bulk it can get to deal with CB Brave Birds and Mega Pinsir, so use a max HP / max Def+ spread.

Finally, change your Heatran set to this one:

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Taunt

With this spread and Taunt, you can shut down Chansey and Blissey so that they have less opportunities to heal and are easier to wear down, because as i mentioned before, defensive cores can be troubling for your team to beat with no set up sweeper. Taunt also allows you to beat CM Clefable one on one, which would otherwise easily sweep your team. The Speed EVs allow you to outspeed Mandibuzz and defensive Mega Venusaur, and Taunt them before they use Defog to get rid of SR or Leech Seed / Synthesis. This set is a mean stallbreaker against teams without Heatran, so it fits very nicely on your team.

Here are all the suggested changes:

Skarmory ---> Specially Defensive Zapdos
Choice Scarf Excadrill ---> Choice Scarf Landorus-T
Extrasensory Greninja ---> U-turn Greninja
Current Rotom-W spread ---> Max HP / max Def+ spread
Current Heatran set ---> Taunt Heatran

Sets:

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Taunt

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

One massive weakness that remains is Sub Kyu-B, so you gotta keep SR up and not give it free switches, but it fucks you up badly if used by a good player, though i can't think of any way to fix this atm. Good luck, hope i helped!

EDIT: Actually, there is one thing you can do to fix your Kyu-B weakness, and that is to replace Rotom-W with AV Conkeldurr. You have Zapdos and Heatran to deal with Flying-types, namely Talonflame, Staraptor, Tornadus-T, and Mega Pinsir, so you could certainly make good use of AV Conk's great mixed bulk. It also provides you with a good switch in to Rotom-W, which you currently lack if the opponent has a SR setter that scares Zapdos out (Volt Switch from Rotom-W with SR up fucks up Zapdos, which is otherwise a good check to Rotom-W). All in all, AV Conk is a Pokemon with tons of utility that helps with one major problem of your team and i don't think that without Rotom-W you are left with any gaping weaknesses, so it seems as a good solution.

EDIT 2: Lol, i forgot the most important change of them all, USE High Jump Kick on Medicham. If you really like Drain Punch, drop Bullet Punch.

Last edited:
I can see Sub-Seed Whimsicott working quite well on this team. You say you have an issue with bulky waters but Whimsicott does not have trouble with them. It can not be statused through Subtitute and even if it does not deal enough damage, it can stall out with Leech Seed. The thing is I do not really know who to get rid of. Since you have 3 weaknesses to Fighting, I would recommend getting rid of one of those. In my opinion, you should get rid of Excadrill as I do not see it doing much for this team. Rapid Spin is pointless due to the fact that none of your pokemon are even weak to it. Im not really sure what else to do with it. Going off what other people said, I dont like Hi Jump Kick and never use it. Whether or not you use it is up to you. If I remember anything else I will add. This probably isnt the best set and you may want to tweak some stuff. This is just what I use:

Whimsicott@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef
Modest Nature
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Dazzling Gleam
-Giga Drain

Last edited:

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
hey, i like the concept of your team, but 3 steels is redundant, especially with two water types giving you a real lack of diversity to cover for that. I'd start by replacing excadrill with landorus-t. Landorus is great because it is not only a fast, powerful spinner, but it also brings momentum with uturn. it is also a great check to a lot of physical attackers. To replace spin, I'd sugget using latias over skarmory, as i think latias is a lot better defogger than skarm. landorus takes over the role of a physical switchin, and that + phys def rotom-w will give you a solid core to take physical attacks. latias helps vs the bulky waters you were concerned about. you lose some coverage against azumarill without skarm , but I would suggest running thunderbolt to cover it and mandibuzz. Finally, I have some suggestions regarding your movesets. i'd go back to using uturn on greninja if you use landorus, and i'd definitely use hydro pump. ice beam hits harder with protean than surf, and the extra power hpump offers is valuable because greninja only has like 100 spatk. I'd also try hjk on medicham again, 130 bp is too powerful not to use, just be careful and predict well with fire punch or a double switch on the aegislash switchin. good luck!

sets
Kallen (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Kallen (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunderbolt

Here is what I am currently testing and liking a lot:
- Choice Scarf Excadrill ---> Choice Scarf Landorus-T
- Defog Skarmory ---> Defog Latias w/ Thunderbolt Defog Zapdos
- Greninja: Extransensory ---> U-turn
- Rotom-W: Current EV Spread ---> Max HP with max Def+ ---> AV Conkeldurr
- Heatran: Protect ---> Taunt
- Megacham: Drain Punch ---> High Jump Kick

Things I am still going to test:
- Zapdos over Latias
- AV Conkeldurr over Rotom-W

EDIT: Made some changes to the changes, ended up going for Zapdos over Latias and Conkeldurr over Rotom-W. Also, sadly, Mega Medicham now very rarely comes out, playing the role of a late-game sweeper much more although it usually isn't needed. One thing I was having some problems with was Excadrill later in the game. If Conkeldurr cannot take an EQ, then problems start to arise, especially if Megacham isn't available for whatever reason.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Excadrill can be a problem, but nothing that can't be handled. You have Landorus-T and Zapdos to check Scarfed variants locked into EQ, and Lando-T to check it in general, while also having Conk's Mach Punch, and Greninja and Mega Medicham that outspeed it and can KO it. Basically, Excadrill can only switch into Heatran, so with good play it shouldn't be a problem.

True, and I realized after a few troublesome battles with Excadrill that Conkeldurr had 0 Atk IVs because it used to be Rotom-W. Fixed it and stuff started going a bit more smoothly.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
why does Greninja have 0 attack IVs? it need to have 31 if you are running U-Turn. Also maybe try running Hasty over Timid with 4 EVs in attack for this reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)