Move Sticky Web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, isn't Shuckle also in the Mineral Egg Group?

I doubt it, but we should check all of those things, and for possible chains. Just to be on the safe side, because ANYTHING with this move will like this move.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that Skorupi can learn this as an egg move. Unless I messed up the breeding.

Yeah, but isn't it in both the Bug AND the Mineral group? Maybe not, I don't know.
The only Pokemon that is in both the Bug and Mineral egg group is Dwebble and Crustle (I don't know if any new sixth generation fall into it yet). I could try and breed it onto a Dwebble right now. The only Pokemon I see in the Mineral group that might have a chance at it is Ferroseed... Guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

Last edited:
Once I get to the end of my copy (I'm nuzlocking and trying to draw the experience out while also being a full time college student, not easy), I'll start work on a MASSIVE breeding project involving Ariados/Shuckle, Smeargle, and whatever chains off those two.

I REALLY want to see a full Sticky Web learnlist.

What I am getting from this generation is that GF for once is thinking of competitive battles, thus the insane amount of nerfing and balancing.

However, that's exactly why I think this will have a terrible distribution. Want to use the arguably best entry hazard in the game? Use an Ariados/Galvantula. Will it be worth it using an Ariados/Galvantula just for that opposing speed drop? Both spiders are very frail and once they are gone, if the web is spinned away its gone and you lost a viable spot on a team for something that just set up the web, died and then the web was removed.

That's what's so great about Ferrothorn. It's not just there laying hazards, it can actually hurt things and it is pretty hard to KO.

Has Galvantula even been found in X/Y yet, let alone tested to see if it actually has the move?

I mean, obviously it'll be available eventually, but it may not even exist in this metagame until December.

Has Galvantula even been found in X/Y yet, let alone tested to see if it actually has the move?

I mean, obviously it'll be available eventually, but it may not even exist in this metagame until December.
I was just speculating, I guess I have to be more careful. Sorry about that.

But seriously. If Galvantula doesn't get this move, GF will reach a new level of trolling.

Just leveled a Caterpie and Weedle to 28, no Sticky Web. Evolved at 29 and went to Move Relearner, no Sticky Web. Evolved again at 30 and went to relearner, no Sticky Web. That doesn't mean they couldn't potentially get it at higher levels.

Vivilon
80/50/50/100/50/100
really only has speed going for it, it's SpA is average though it's defenses are pretty horrendous.

We also have smeargle which makes for a broken lead now with its newfound toy
Are you forgetting the part where Vivillion gets a 100% accurate sleep powder thanks to Compound Eyes? If anything, that should make it even better at setting up than Smeargle.

Also on the topic of Shuckle, Shuckle isn't complete taunt bait now with the new boost to wrap damage. Combined with an annoyer attack on every turn after using wrap and it will be able to at least do -some- damage with 1/8 of the opponents HP being sucked off each turn by wrap.

Soft reset to get my Rare Candies back and levelled Scatterbug to 30 manually, still hasn't learned how to shot web.

Seems like Vivillion isn't getting it after all.

You realize he said Spewpa right? As in the 2nd form.

I'd imagine it doesn't get it for the same reason Caterpie doesn't learn Harden.

I'd you are going to verify at least properly check what is being claimed.

I don't know if this has already been said, but sticky web works only once.

EDIT: Not true, I actually switched a flying pokemon to test it, thinking it would work against every one, like SR.

Last edited:
This move is honestly awful for the game and not a(good) attempt at balancing a speed creep at all.

What joy it will be to have unstoppable setup sweepers in every tier that can no longer be checked. As an NU player I know I will love White Herb Shell Smashers that are impossible to revenge kill.

What an amazing lack of foresight on Gamefreaks part

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You probably switched in a flier/levitater which is immune to sticky web and took that as "working once" only. Either that or azureangelic has been leading us by the nose. Though the former seems more likely.

You probably switched in a flier/levitater which is immune to sticky web and took that as "working once" only. Either that or azureangelic has been leading us by the nose. Though the former seems more likely.
Oh crap, that's true. I thought it worked against every one (like SR), so I didn't think about it, sorry. I guess this makes it a lot better.

And I think this move is good for nerfing hyper-offense teams that relied on spamming choiced Hydro Pumps and Close Combats right from turn 1 without even bothering to setup.
Why do you think that's a bad thing? That's how I've always liked to play pokemon, and this move does not help it. An ideal generation would have every kind of team equally usable.

Pardon my noobness, I'm a lurker not a poster.

Just letting you guys know that Shuckle can learn this at the Move Reminder.
This is great, but Shuckle is still only in the Bug group so it doesn't expand the possible breeding options unless something in Smeargle's group somehow learns it. It's also at least reassuring that this isn't a spider-only move.

Current web status:

Confirmed: Ariados and Shuckle
Extremely likely but unconfirmed: Galvantula
Deconfirmed by breeding: Dwebble, Shelmet, Paras, Venipede, Pineco, Skorupi, Sewaddle
Deconfirmed by level-up: Scatterbug, Weedle, Caterpie, Wurmple
Untested: Venomoth, Pinsir, Ledian, Yanmega, Gliscor, Heracross, Masquerain, Ninjask/Shedinja, Volbeat, Illumise, Flygon, Drapion, Escavalier, Durant, Volcarona, anything that might get it by level-up.

edit: Sewaddle doesn't get it from breeding and Swadloon doesn't get it from move rememberer, but I haven't tested Leavanny.

Last edited:
It may be too soon to speculate, but I think that this move will keep Tentacruel from falling into obscurity, simply due to Clear Body and out-speeding all other rapid spinners if this on both sides of the field? Someone quickly make a thread on it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)