1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Strange amount of recoil

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by DDnite, Oct 23, 2010.

1. DDnite

DDnite

While playing on Pokemon Lab I used the move Brave Bird with my Skarmory on my opponent's Machamp. Machamp lost 2% HP, yet the recoil of Brave Bird was 23%!

Here is the log for that turn. Neither Machamp nor Skarm had any status affliction. My Defence stat, however, was at -1.

Skarmory used Brave Bird!
    It's super effective!
    Machamp lost 1/48 (2%) of its health!
    Machamp fainted!
    Skarmory was hit by recoil!
    Skarmory lost 80/334 (23%) of its health!
  2. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

Why does Machamp have 48 HP and why is he only taking 1 damage from Brave Bird.
  3. Bartman101

Bartman101 Banned deucer.

No; that's just the way the HP bars are displayed on Pokelab- always something out of 48- i'm not sure why, but lots of of other people know....

Also, regarding the OP I just believe it's a basic glitch (too my knowledge)
  4. Mastadi

Mastadi

In actual pokemon games, the HP bar is exactly 48 pixels long, meaning that you can only estimate your opponent's HP to the closest 1 in 48.
  5. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

Oh I came across this problem but forgot to report it. Pokemon take recoil based on how much the move would have done, not how much HP is left. That's the problem.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)