Stuff that's wrong with D/P

The thing that annoys me the most is the inability to turn off animations. I hate hate hate the animations. They used to be cool, but now they take up time. They should have allowed you to independently toggle on or off the battle effects and the opening animation.

Also, a huge WTF on Pelipper. They really messed up his sprite, he looks awful now.

The thing that annoys me the most is the inability to turn off animations. I hate hate hate the animations. They used to be cool, but now they take up time. They should have allowed you to independently toggle on or off the battle effects and the opening animation.

Also, a huge WTF on Pelipper. They really messed up his sprite, he looks awful now.
Wait, he didn't look awful before? Then again, I do hate it...
And yeah...the animations do get annoying, especially the really long ones...like Toxicroak, jeez....

Wait, he didn't look awful before? Then again, I do hate it...
And yeah...the animations do get annoying, especially the really long ones...like Toxicroak, jeez....
Well, before he looked like a happy little pelican. Now he looks a bit deformed and all shiny and just..creepy and werid.

I've been trying to catch a Yanma.

Throw bait at it, and it runs away. Throw mud at it, and it runs away. Throw a ball at it, and it breaks free and runs away. And you only run into like three per session. How the hell are you supposed to catch anything rare? I tried for hours last night.
Isn't that how the Safari Zone ALWAYS works? The hurt/feed options are ****ing random and nearly worthless.

I have more peeves:

Randomness of Pokeballs.

The Electric gym leader and Fire E4. Gamefreak tell me, was it hard to add in more Fire types? Really though?

THE ANITCLIMAX THAT IS TEAM GALACTIC'S END.

I found something else I dont like about DP. The craziness that is starting your game over. Gone is the day where you just start a new one and save. Now you have to press certain buttons like a cheat code on the opening screen and say yes to delete the file. I found this out after spending an hour playing a new game. Thanks nintendo.

My god yes, I was like wtf this isn't cool? We just come up here and he's like "Oh, ok I'll leave now, sorry for trying to rip open a rift in time to take over the world. Buh bye" Christ that was lame. I like it how in Sapphire it started raining heavily and shit everywhere. That was actually kind of creepy!

Stealth Rock.
Man, I hate Starmie, but or I use her, or get pwned by the f*ckin' Stealth Rock. Spikes at least takes time to set up and can easily be avoided, but this thing is an ass. Oh, my poor Moltres.

the only things I really find wrong is the lack of certain moves or abilities on pokes:

-Why doesn't Voltorb/Electrode have the Detonate ability? much better than Soundproof for him and fits the dex entries.

-Metagross should get the Levitate ability. It's dex entry says it flies and Steven in Emerald used his to travel and fly all around Hoenn. Same with the Magnezone line (though I'm sure everyone will prefer Magnet Pull).

-Cradily wants Leech Seed and Knock Off

-Ludicolo wants Aqua Ring

-Entei and Flareon both want Flare Drive

-Flygon wants Dragon Dance

-Lucario wants a Fight-version of Pursuit

-Suicune and Uxie want Recover

-Forretress wants a phazing move. . .perhaps Whirlwind? (hey if Drapion and Rampardos can get it so can he!)

-Shuckle wants Seismic Toss

-Dusknoir wants T-Wave and Stealth Rocks

-Mantine wants Whirlwind and Stealth Rocks

-Walrein wants Ice Shard

-Hypno wants Wish (not just as NYPC), Baton Pass (not just XD), and Yawn

-Wishcash wants Stealth Rocks, Thunder Wave, Recover, and Curse

don't worry too much about what if? worry about what is.....

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I just remembered another one. I hate how in trainer battles, it will auto-scroll through the part which tells you which pokemon they are about to use. That's how you end up with stuff like luxray against golem...
you can switch that off

you can switch that off too

(except in wifi battles)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why did they decide that you'd need flash for that optional cave. You need to because the place is a giant maze. You can't even import pokemon with flash.

Lack of fire types pre-national dex is my only issue, really. There are some minor irks here and there but I haven't played a game that doesn't have them. This is easily my favorite Pogeyman game.

- When it said "Saving a lot of data" when i first played it, I thought that was funny. But now it's fucking annoying when it says that EVERY singe damn time. Even if you catch a pokemon. And it takes forever.

- Nidoking's head looks like it doesn't fit. Bad sprite.

-Surfing. I hate it.

My only gripes with the game are the following:

- Walking speed

Howcome he walks so slow? Sure,you can run *eventually* but the walking speed is pathetic.

- Time it takes to save

I don't understand why it takes like 20 seconds to save everytime? Saves much too frequently when doing the wifi thing too. :/

- Not being able to register more than 1 key item when there is more free buttons

R button would be cool too, and L, and Select.. >_>, actually, I should say "bike" and it gets him on the bike.

- Surfing speed

Ugh, what the hell? Disappointed. I was glad there wasn't too many areas where I needed to surf though.

- Amount of HM's and how pathetic they are in-battle

Defog? Rock smash? Cut? Come on, jack the power up so we don't feel bad for putting them on a pokemon at least!

- Too many pre-evo's, and not enough evo's

Pre-evos I dislike, they are just annoying. I want more pokemon to use competitively :P

- Not enough new lines of worthwhile pokemon

There should have been more lines of new pokemon instead of just evo's/pre-evo's, we haven't had a Gyarados-like line in quite some tahme.. :(

- Battle speed

Everything about battles is slow, it doesn't annoy me, but I notice it. Very slow, especially watching Drifloon nearly die, then Full Restored, then nearly die, then actually die. :(

- Team Galactica didn't give off any "we are bad guys" vibes at all

Not evil enough! They were pussies! I want a more darker/evil presence next time, like dudes who plan on using pokemon to kill humans or something, or Nazi-like dudes.

- Your rival is a complete pushover and a wuss in every way and loves Frankie Muniz

Yeah he shoulda been more of a man and tougher to defeat, he's really easy and has a wimpy personality.

- Re-using old pokemon where new pokemon should have been (Tentacool, Zubat and Geodude lines specifically, should have been replaced with new but similar lines)

A new Geodude line without a 4x weakness to Water/Grass would have been excellent in my opinion, like a Normal/Ground line, or Normal/Rock line - sure, 4x weak to fighting but who cares, I want new lines!

There's an option for L=A and Start=X but no Select=Y. And you can only have one, it stuffs up my old habits. Like I recently put it on L=A so I can play with one hand but then sometimes I go to save I press start, then down and it doesn't pause and I walk down.

There also appears to be some kind of walking lag when you turn around they normally walk one or two more steps into a wall.

Things i hated

1.BIGGEST THING was the encounter rate, seriously i didnt have to use tons of repels just to get through 1 cave

2.Tyranitars entrance roar
Salamence entrance roar
Tyranitar Sandstream whipped up a sandstorm
Salamence intimidate lowered foes attack (slight pause)
Salamence used attack pause wait for attack and hp drop to be over
Tyranitar used Attack pause and wait for attack and hp drop to be over
Sand storm rages
Salamence recovered with leftover
Tyranitar recovered with leftovers

In short it delays SOOOO MUCH!

3.The starters were badly planned

4.The new shinys were rediculous because 95% of the d/p pokemon shiny sprites were either darker or brighter skin especially garchomp has really no difference in his shiny appearence

5.Rhyperior and Garchomp

6.Surfing is also very slow (reminds me of the RBY surfing)

7.No story like build up to giratina/heatran/cresselia (all of a sudden you find a cave with a legend in it woopdee freakin doo)

8.Crude design of some possible cool looking pokemon (Drapion woulda looked very cool if his arms werent stuck on his head or if magmortar didnt look like a overweight magmar)

9.A problem ive had Since GSC, The pre evolution baby pokemon are useless instead of giving weak deserving pokemon a evolution like sudowoodo and mr mime they have to make retarded pre evos that nobody cares about

10.Nidoking sprite shamed the once "King of cool" pokemon

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As I just mentioned in another topic, I don't understand why the stat reducing berry first takes a stat all the way down to 100 EVs for a maxed EV instead of just 10 like in emerald.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
As I just mentioned in another topic, I don't understand why the stat reducing berry first takes a stat all the way down to 100 EVs for a maxed EV instead of just 10 like in emerald.
That way, you only need 11 berries to reduce the EV to 0. Simple.
And yeah, the Nidoking sprite could be so much better (like the Yellow one)... Well, Charizard is worse, ffs (thinny necks FTL).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)