Stuff that's wrong with D/P

I will start off with what I am not liking and that is I just spent nearly three hours trying to find a Freebas to round out my crew for a decent water-type (Whipcash, Gastrodon, Floatziel don't appeal to me) and I just keep fishing up Magikarp. Yes, I know about the four places that it will turn up with only a 50% chance but still!

What I do like though is how the battle system has been revamped. Now pokemon like Rapidash, Gyarados and Raichu can shine with their best stats.

Yeah, I have to agree on this with some of you; Staraptor is broken but think about how long we've had Pidgeot, Fearow, Noctowl, and Swellow. Now we got Staraptor, which is the bird we've all been waiting for to keep on our rosters. The sucker may be broken but 9 years of the above list; it was about time they gaves us a Flying-type where we can complain about it being a dominant Metagame-presence.

The encounter rate actually fits cause now; one doesn't have to spend all day raising by only two levels. We can now spend a day and get at least 5 or 6 levels higher than when we started that day.

My other big problem though is the lack of Fire-types. Someting about Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape just makes me want to hit them with buckets of water. Some of the pokemon are also plain ugly and only useful for pokedex data or starting teams for early on in the game. (I have had to re-edit my team continuously, fnally settling on Torterra, Rapidash, Staraptor, Steelix, Luxray, and Milotic if I ever do find a Feebas). The only useful HM moves are Rock Smash and Surf.

That about covers it for me. The only BIG complaint being Feebas.

What I do like though is how the battle system has been revamped. Now pokemon like Rapidash, Gyarados and Raichu can shine with their best stats.
I would certainly agree, but you picked some poor examples: Raichu has 90 in both attack stats and Gyarados has been shining like a solid-gold disco ball since last generation.

I would certainly agree, but you picked some poor examples: Raichu has 90 in both attack stats and Gyarados has been shining like a solid-gold disco ball since last generation.

I missed Generation III, I was refering to how the attacks themselves are now divided between Physical and Special instead of the type determining that. ^_^

-Surf Speed
-HMs (as usual)
-Poketch functions useless (minus the Counter, for EV Training
-Only getting 3 BP a time from the Tower..
-Only 1 of good TMs
-The Way you obtain Spiritomb
-WiFi lag
-Pokeradar Encounter Rates
-Too Many Bibarrel (atleast theyre good for Attack EV training)
-No one spot EV training spots like in Emerald (i.e. Sp. on Rt. 113 with low encounter of Skrms)
-Saving ALOT of Data (why'd they do that)
-They made the Safari Zone...er..i mean Great Marsh suck

I found the GTS to be much more fruitful once I realized it's a seller's market. Instead of searching for the pokemon you need, offer up something popular (people go ballistic for Feebas) and you'll get what you want in no time.

I found the GTS to be much more fruitful once I realized it's a seller's market. Instead of searching for the pokemon you need, offer up something popular (people go ballistic for Feebas) and you'll get what you want in no time.
We have a winner! Yeah, I realized that as well. You won't get anywhere in the GTS looking for what you want. You have to give first to receive later. I got a load of stuff offering things like Eevee for Pokemon like Aipom.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but you do know you can just hold down A to make the text fly by quickly? I've known it since the beginning of 3rd gen.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but you do know you can just hold down A to make the text fly by quickly? I've known it since the beginning of 3rd gen.
lol

It makes no difference if you have it on fast speed. And even then people complain its too slow.

I have some more gripes:

1) Text and battle speed point was right on

2) The Elite Four from RS to Emerald to D/P has steadily gone from challenging to annoying. I always run out of PP on pokemon way before HP. Watching Bertha's Quagsire Protect, Double Team, Protect, Sandstorm in that order is just a pain.. And the full restores make me rip my hair out. EVERY TIME a super effective blast puts them in the red... theyre health goes right back up to waste another PP. Then, fighting Spiritomb and Vespiquen with Pressure really puts an annoying dent in the PP. This isn't entirely new from D/P, Emerald had Wallace using 5 full restores in a row which made me throw the game accross the room.. But the difference is with D/P, They use potions for EVERY pokemon... It's almost like they encourage you to whittle the enemies down b4 going in for the kill.... Go figure...

3) Lets be real, we want to speed through the game and get the National Dex.. At best speed it took me 30 hours to go through the game, not stopping to catch pokemon or anything. The begenning seems to drawn out. I remember at about 16 hours I only had 3 badges, yet my Pokemon were all in their final forms and approaching level 40. I found it very frustrationg...

The funniest part is that Electivire was one of the first new gen monsters to appear, and... you can only get it when you've already finished the game and you insert FR into the GBA slot.

Choice Scarf.
How so?

Whenever I look at Choice Scarf I still think it sucks. Speed really isn't important when you can only use one move, as anybody with half a peanut sized brain can predict the move and switch to a counter. In which case, if you predict wrong, you'd want to do as much damage as possible.

When I see SpecsMence, I get all OMG ITS SPECS MENC!!!! The kind that can kill Blissey that have been damaged even 30% ish if Spikes and Stealth Rock are out!!

When I see Scarf Cross, I get all "K, time to switch to semi-decent counter". Because even if they can predict my next Pokemon, chances are it'll be bulky enough to survive Hera's attack with lots of HP to spare.

I still say Choice Band/Specs are better for cleaning up messes late game.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but I'm sure everyone else got tired of fighting the same six wild Pokemon during the entire game!
omg. Even if you use pokeradars, there are still Floatzels, Bibarels, Kriketunes,Staravia all over. I'm fucking tired of it. They make rare pokemon even rarer :(

1. I might just be too lazy to want to press Y again, but I hate how they force you off your bike in the little transition buildings between routes or routes and cities. It just bothers me, especially since I end up hearing the biking theme much more than necessary.

2. The wild pokemon encounter rates are indeed annoying. Enough said.

3. I was kind of turned off by the lack of variety in the Pokemon you can use while you're trying to go through the gyms and the Elite Four. For a type "balanced" team, almost everyone seems to have a Luxray and Alakazam (or rather, "Kazza"). Not to mention the utter lack of fire types.

4. It's kind of hard to describe the feeling, but a lot of the towns and cities seem lacking. They're a lot more aesthetically pleasing, yes, but there just seems less in the towns/cities to explore, and less interesting people to talk to. For instance, the cathedral-like building in Hearthome... I was really expecting it to have some significance, and Celestic Town was more or less pointless.

5. Probably my biggest complaint- I don't really like the design for most of the new Pokemon. In my opinion, they look a lot more like actual monsters than animal-like creatures, and a lot of them are just further evolutions of older Pokemon. The general cuteness and creativity seems to have gone downhill.

6. Way too many legendaries. And I wish they would go back to having Fire/Electric/Water (or Ice) for the trio legendaries.

7. Not so much a complaint, but I have the hardest time taking Team Galactic seriously. Not that I've ever taken any of the antagonists seriously, but I just can't help but snicker whenever I battle them. They look like characters from a bad sci-fi movie, and what's with the bowl cuts for the grunts? On a similar note, I wanted to shove my head under a pillow and cry when that one fisherman said "for the win" and when that little kid said "people treat you like a noob."

I have plenty more complaints but that's all... for now, heh.

Okay, is anyone else having wifi issues? >_> I can't connect, and neither can a friend, so I'm assuming it isn't my adapter...

*edit* Nevermind, yet ANOTHER uninstall/reinstall fixed my USB adapter issues, apparently. I wonder how (assuming I do) I keep messing it up?

3. I was kind of turned off by the lack of variety in the Pokemon you can use while you're trying to go through the gyms and the Elite Four. For a type "balanced" team, almost everyone seems to have a Luxray and Alakazam (or rather, "Kazza"). Not to mention the utter lack of fire types.

I have plenty more complaints but that's all... for now, heh.
OMFG! You just predicted 2/6 of my ingame team before the Elite 4!

Yeah. Most people who didn't pick Infernape have Luxray/Roserade/Staraptor/Rapidash/Kazza/ (starter).

- The Screwing of pokes
Floatzel ,no earthquake,It has good speed and attack
Luxray-no good physical attacks,with great attack stats
Kingdra-No Physical Dragon move
Flygon-No Dragon Dance

And the List goes on and on,I know the game needs to be balanced but lot of pokes are being screwed of competitive pokes by five points in Speed or one move.

If see another bidoof,raicate,zubat,tentacruel,fearow,I swear i am going destroy my ds.They are 400 plus pokemon why do have see these pokes a million times.I not going complain about encounter rate because if certain pokes and items are used you can bring down but it is kinda annoying.

The tutorial type stuff that happens in every poke game should be optional,Also text should be cut off by press b.

-Metagross should get the Levitate ability. It's dex entry says it flies and Steven in Emerald used his to travel and fly all around Hoenn. Same with the Magnezone line (though I'm sure everyone will prefer Magnet Pull).
That was probably his Skarmory.

Everything mentioned before pisses me off, but what I really don't like is the Underground. It's impossible to turn fast enough, and there's absolutely nothing to do down there once you have 2343 of every item. There really should have been more side quests in the game. I can't say I'm disappointed, but there really should have been more features.

Yeah. I don't actually visit the Underground anymore. I have at least 6 of every item down there, including the Arceus Plates, my secret base has all rocks removed and I have all the decorations and tools available, I collected every trap, etc. Now the Under is dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)