Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need a game mode where there are no stealth rocks, spikes, etc.! I like to play the same way as a kid when there wasn't anyone of this but also with the newer gen pokemon and i know i am not alone when it comes to hatred for such hazards and would enjoy a game mode that prohibits this.
There is currently a metagame called No Status where the only moves you can use are attacking. Its the closest thing you have described from your frustrations and it happens to be Other Metagame of the Month on the main server!

This is a small suggestion for the teambuilder.

Is it possible to have your teams synced between devices if you are logged into the same account?

I am a tech n00b so I wouldn't know of the implications involved with implementing this. I would appreciate if someone could explain its feasibility to me though.
This sounds like a potential security issue. If somebody was laddering on an unregistered alt, then changed names again because they didn't like their ladder score, it seems as though there would be some way to exploit going on their unregistered laddering alt to steal their teams.

Additionally the server doesn't store your teams at all, that's done entirely locally and it could use a ton of memory to try and transfer teams through the server. This is probably not the best use of our memory resources.

Though probably not the ideal solution you want, using import/export and something like pastebin is a way to achieve what you're trying to do, though I understand why you'd want to have it automatically update if you build teams on multiple devices.

I would be astounded if this isn't already in development, but I would like PS to store teams on the server instead to storing them in a cookie. By extension, teams would be attached to usernames. This would allow one to access their teams on any computer simply by logging in without having to export them first.

Other than that, full-screen battling and a choice over battle BGMs would be nice.

Last edited:
The ability to blacklist users, so that you never see them in chat rooms, battle chat, or private messages.
You can always do /ignore [user]. I'm pretty sure it blocks them from all three things. In battle, there's a little box in the top right that says "ignore opponent" so that should solve your second issue.

Also, you can just edit your first post, no need to double post.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
There should definitely be an option to autojoin rooms of your choice. Just read my essay and you'll get it, haha.

This could be useful. From experience, you CANNOT select which rooms you autojoin.

Most say "you autojoin the rooms you were in when you left" when the question at hand is "is there currently a way to choose which rooms you autojoin?".

This doesn't really answer the question, yes we can autojoin the rooms we were in last. Is there a way to select which room you autojoin? No. You cannot change the rooms you have autojoined. So I'd be stuck in Competitive Tutoring, OverUsed, Help, [Private Room], Tournaments, and Other Metas even if I leave the room(s) before logging out of the site. This could be quite the hassle in case you changed which rooms you want to be a regular in or want to be in when you join. Of course, you could just say "just join the room, lol lazy." If you say that, you are completely contradicting the implementation of the entire autojoin feature in the first place.

The command could be something such as /ajoin [room name] or /logjoin [room name]. Why not /autojoin?

"This is a PS system command; do not use it."

I have already addressed whether or not you can choose which rooms you autojoin in the Help room, and they are fairly unsure, which led me to suggest the feature here. I hope you all consider it! :)

There should definitely be an option to autojoin rooms of your choice. Just read my essay and you'll get it, haha.

This could be useful. From experience, you CANNOT select which rooms you autojoin.

Most say "you autojoin the rooms you were in when you left" when the question at hand is "is there currently a way to choose which rooms you autojoin?".

This doesn't really answer the question, yes we can autojoin the rooms we were in last. Is there a way to select which room you autojoin? No. You cannot change the rooms you have autojoined. So I'd be stuck in Competitive Tutoring, OverUsed, Help, [Private Room], Tournaments, and Other Metas even if I leave the room(s) before logging out of the site. This could be quite the hassle in case you changed which rooms you want to be a regular in or want to be in when you join. Of course, you could just say "just join the room, lol lazy." If you say that, you are completely contradicting the implementation of the entire autojoin feature in the first place.

The command could be something such as /ajoin [room name] or /logjoin [room name]. Why not /autojoin?

"This is a PS system command; do not use it."

I have already addressed whether or not you can choose which rooms you autojoin in the Help room, and they are fairly unsure, which led me to suggest the feature here. I hope you all consider it! :)
There's a program for this called TamperMonkey; I'm not the expert on it, but there's probably a tutorial somewhere on how to use it.

There's a program for this called TamperMonkey; I'm not the expert on it, but there's probably a tutorial somewhere on how to use it.
TamperMonkey is a browser add-on that lets you add and disable userscripts. The autojoin script created for PS hasn't worked too well for me when I've used it but it does work for some people so it. I agree with Exodus Latios that an actual way to manage autojoins on the site would be ideal, especially because the current implementation doesn't let you autojoin Lobby and makes me join a bunch of rooms that I don't want to, which makes me close all the other rooms it autojoins in order to retain my room order. I think some of the technical staff are against adding an autjoin of this type, though I'm not sure why.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Yo can something be done about the new banned sites function?

Like, doing what was done with frostserver and just blocking the messages rather than locking people? Like 90% of the locks for the new set-up have been people getting rused by anyone who can circumvent the site blocks and can type out or link those sites anyways. The people abusing the system aren't getting punished but a bunch of random people are getting locked for literally 0 reason. This isn't just randoms either, legit users are getting trolled by malicious users who get off free because they dodge the locks and get others permalocked. It's a completely busted system and if it's not fixed trolls are just gunna get dozens of people locked every day because they get lured into it. Literally everyone up to global auths are getting caught in these traps.

We clearly already have a system in place that will just block messages. Why is that not being used over a lock when all malicious users are going to do is evade bans while legitimate users are permalocked?

Last edited:
I have two suggestions.

1 - Being able to PM other users even if they're offline. If you are looking for a particular person, it may be hard to catch them when they're online due to different time zones. By being able to PM them while they are offline, they can see the messages when they login and can react to them.

2 - Implementing a '/' function that toggles notifications for tournaments occurring in all public rooms. Instead of having to join a room to be notified if a tournament is happening, this will allow users to know when any room hosts a tournament and has started the Join phase. The /tours function does this to an extent, but I think having notifications will be easier.

Can they be done?

I have two suggestions.

1 - Being able to PM other users even if they're offline. If you are looking for a particular person, it may be hard to catch them when they're online due to different time zones. By being able to PM them while they are offline, they can see the messages when they login and can react to them.
You can easily use Monita Mail for this first suggestion.

Is it possible to allow viewers to see the move sets and spreads of the Pokemon shown in replays while the clip is playing? It would allow inexperienced users to understand why certain sets are run and how they are used effectively in competitive battling.

Rumplestiltskin

I will rain lels all over you and you will drown in them
Suggesting an option to generate a URL or a code to be pasted into a box for the current settings (everything within the gear button) and volume. With this, people who delete cookies can much more easily get back into their showdown settings after shutting down the browser for example.
Another box to paste your teams in below the settings code box (if not the URL option) would also be great.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Small thing: Stealth Rocks should be an alias of stealth rock. I see the term "stealth rocks" or "rocks" used a lot, even though its not official, even in the anime and game animation there are more than one rocks. I nearly always find myself typing stealth rocks in a dexsearch instead of stealth rock.

Is it possible to allow viewers to see the move sets and spreads of the Pokemon shown in replays while the clip is playing? It would allow inexperienced users to understand why certain sets are run and how they are used effectively in competitive battling.
No. That's regarded as private information.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Small thing: Stealth Rocks should be an alias of stealth rock. I see the term "stealth rocks" or "rocks" used a lot, even though its not official, even in the anime and game animation there are more than one rocks. I nearly always find myself typing stealth rocks in a dexsearch instead of stealth rock.
Hello kevinrocks ,

Abbreviations also work, for example the command
/ds sr, all
will work.

Last edited:
Idk if this has been said but I think a cool feature to add for the PS is maybe like a little checkbox next to whatever team you want defaulted when you log in on a certain tier. When you first log in and go to the whichever tier for teams it just picks you the most recently made team and not necessarily the one you want! I think it would be a slight betterment to the system and add a little bit of ease! heres a pic of my thought (im obv a paint master)

Last edited:
Idk if this has been said but I think a cool feature to add for the PS is maybe like a little checkbox next to whatever team you want defaulted when you log in on a certain tier. When you first log in and go to the whichever tier for teams it just picks you the most recently made team and not necessarily the one you want! I think it would be a slight betterment to the system and add a little bit of ease! heres a pic of my thought (im obv a paint master)
A workaround to this, is move the "default" team to become the first one from the tier you want it to be default on the list of teams in the Teambuilder.

Hi, I'd like to ask if a "/" command to see your ladder peaks is possible. So like /peak [tier] would show you the highest you've gotten in a tier/format. My reasoning is, in the current STABmons requirements, you need to reach 1350 on the ladder on any account. I reached over 1350 a while ago, but dropped back down. Then AFTER I dropped back down, Eevee General announced the change to 1350 (before it was 1400, which was top 5 on the ladder). If /peak was in use, I could qualify, but right now I couldn't because there's no proof that it happened. This could also show COIL, GXE and other stuff like that. If this could be implemented, that'd be great. :]

It would be extremely helpful if the exact percentage (in numbers) is shown when damage is taken from toxic. I often wonder if my pokemon will survive the next turn since the toxic grows larger each time it takes life. I would also like to be able to figure out a rate at which the toxic takes life, so overall I think it would be helpful if this could be implemented.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
It would be extremely helpful if the exact percentage (in numbers) is shown when damage is taken from toxic. I often wonder if my pokemon will survive the next turn since the toxic grows larger each time it takes life. I would also like to be able to figure out a rate at which the toxic takes life, so overall I think it would be helpful if this could be implemented.
For the second part, I believe that Toxic does 1/16th of your health the first turn, 2/16th the second turn, and so on adding 1/16th on every consecutive turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)