Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a player who loves to experience new things / new meta-stuff - I would absolutely love a VGC-random-ladder!

Please make it happen, you would brighten up my season :D
Can someone please answer if this and the Mixed Tier Suggestion got recognized! I apreciate the idea.
Btw how far are you with friend lists?

Alternative sprites mutch like said,
The complete set of Vivillon Sprites.

Their is currently only 2 forms of Vivillon available to use. Vivillon's Medow pattern & Shiny Medow Vivillon.
As an avid Bug-type Trainer , it would be amazing to see the rest of Vivillon's Sprite patterns available to use in battle on showdown .
but also for mons like shello's ,gastrodon, Floetta line in different colours,Furfrou, xerneas(who apparently has 2 forms O_o) Burmy sawsbuck/deerling(i want my winter fur!) and sutch...maby also more numberd once like vivillion/unown .But for spinda... leave it as it is P_P.
mutch like we already have for Keldeo's forms, genesect-<drive> and the left behind forms like castform.

Last edited:
Some ideas for polls:
1) Similar to how tour endings work, maybe announce the winning poll option in the chat? I suppose if there was a tie this could make the announcement quite long, depending on the option lengths though...
2) Add a new parameter to the polls that is the auto-end length of the polls. This would be neat to do, but hard, as there is no way really to distinguish between a number being used as a poll title/poll option, or a time parameter...
3) Add an option to ignore polls. Similar to how tournaments can be ignored, both their notifications and HTML appearances in chatrooms, add an option for polls that blocks this.
4) I'm not quite exactly sure how poll votes are taken care of, I haven't really had time to look through them yet, but it certainly would be great to be able to vote for poll options by the option name, as opposed to the option number.

-A friend's list
-A user bio (contains information like favourite tier and what not)
-Custom battle music
-Custom battle background (eventhough UserStyles can help with this, the site really needs to have this feature as well)

Yo, I've got a suggestion!
Is it possible to create a battle ladder exculsive only for Non-legendary pokemon? I kinda hate battling with trainers who use legendaries, mainly because of stat disadvantage. I lost 5 times a row in OU cos of trainers who used Latios, Groudon, etc. and I'm only using non-legendary pokemon that are my favorites!!! Pretty pleeeeeaasseee
:pirate: <3 <3 <3

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it possible to create a battle ladder exculsive only for Non-legendary pokemon? I kinda hate battling with trainers who use legendaries, mainly because of stat disadvantage. I lost 5 times a row in OU cos of trainers who used Latios, Groudon, etc. and I'm only using non-legendary pokemon that are my favorites!!! Pretty pleeeeeaasseee
Groudon isn't even OU so I'm not sure what tier you are playing, Smogon tiers don't account for the status of "legendary" because they aren't necessarily overpowered (see Regigigas, Articuno, etc).

Groudon isn't even OU so I'm not sure what tier you are playing, Smogon tiers don't account for the status of "legendary" because they aren't necessarily overpowered (see Regigigas, Articuno, etc).
Also http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/no-legends-pls.3502706/

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Here is a suggestion that I have:

The ability to change base stats in the teambuilder.
  • Now, my room (Theorymon) changes characteristics about various Pokémon-- their moves, typings, ability, and most importantly: their base stats. We test out stuff via Custom Game, but the one thing we cannot test is the base stat changes we make!
  • This wouldn't only be useful for my room, but for other users who are curious about how a certain Pokémon would play out if they had a specific amount base stats. This isn't only for viewing purposes, as that's already present on the Damage Calculator, but this is for testing things via the sim's Debug mode, or Custom Game.
  • If you attempt to use Pokémon with altered base stats in a format that is not Custom Game, you will receive a message like this:​

Can an option for an audio ping on highlights be implemented (especially if user is not on tab)? I try to watch over a room on showdown but occasionally have to work on college work on other tabs. It'd be nice if highlights gave me a ping when I'm not on the page so I could hear if someone was calling for help in the room for spam and the like.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Can an option for an audio ping on highlights be implemented (especially if user is not on tab)? I try to watch over a room on showdown but occasionally have to work on college work on other tabs. It'd be nice if highlights gave me a ping when I'm not on the page so I could hear if someone was calling for help in the room for spam and the like.
You can just turn on the notifications for Pokémon Showdown!.

Something like this could be extremely annoying as well, since you are prone to highlight spam.

A suggestion regarding the polls- Not include them in main chat of the rooms because, maybe people are talking very fast and the option you want goes up and you click the wrong one. Or you know a way to change the choice if such a thing happens.

A suggestion regarding the polls- Not include them in main chat of the rooms because, maybe people are talking very fast and the option you want goes up and you click the wrong one. Or you know a way to change the choice if such a thing happens.
You can simply use "/poll vote [option #]" to vote in a poll if you cannot click!^-^ And another idea: Have the option to show the results before voting. Sometimes I would be interested to see how a poll is going, and __then__ vote.

I don't know if these have already been suggested or not. I've been using these on the side server I'm a moderator for and there are three things that come to mind I'd like to see.

1. A View Results button, to see the results without actually impacting the vote, I've used these to ask users what tier they'd like for a tour for example and don't want to have to potentially skew the vote to do so.
2. A closing timer. I'd like to see a timer for I suppose X number of minutes for the poll to remain open and then have it automatically close.
3. When a new poll is created for it to ping users like when a new tournament is created.

If any of these are already implemented or are impractical to code, let me know.

Reactions: kay
Might be nice to add a button to bring back the "Latest News" tab if you've pressed x either by accident or to get it out of the way. Refreshing isn't really optimal.

Might be nice to add a button to bring back the "Latest News" tab if you've pressed x either by accident or to get it out of the way. Refreshing isn't really optimal.
Try getting used to using - to collapse it instead of × to close it?

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
I don't know if these have already been suggested or not. I've been using these on the side server I'm a moderator for and there are three things that come to mind I'd like to see.

1. A View Results button, to see the results without actually impacting the vote, I've used these to ask users what tier they'd like for a tour for example and don't want to have to potentially skew the vote to do so.
2. A closing timer. I'd like to see a timer for I suppose X number of minutes for the poll to remain open and then have it automatically close.
3. When a new poll is created for it to ping users like when a new tournament is created.

If any of these are already implemented or are impractical to code, let me know.
1. Ending the poll also displays the results if you haven't voted. Viewing the results during a poll without voting might skew the outcome.
2. Implemented.
3. Has been talked about, might be implemented.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
1. Ending the poll also displays the results if you haven't voted. Viewing the results during a poll without voting might skew the outcome.
If this feature is really that desired, perhaps allow users to view the current standings only after they vote?

Well I know that this is pretty farfetch'd (Eh? Yeah I'm an idiot) but what about having a friends list? For example Steam. They use it in a very good way. I know that its a long shot for me to noticed in a community such as this but I would really appreciate on how this may happen. If not please tell how this would not work. Thank you all and have a good day.

-Unaturallife

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Well I know that this is pretty farfetch'd (Eh? Yeah I'm an idiot) but what about having a friends list? For example Steam. They use it in a very good way. I know that its a long shot for me to noticed in a community such as this but I would really appreciate on how this may happen. If not please tell how this would not work. Thank you all and have a good day.

-Unaturallife
I'm pretty sure that this has been suggested before. As far as i know, it's on the to-do list but there are higher priority things above it

-Unaturallife
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/friend-list.3550709/ you can view the progress for the friends list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)