Suicune (Revamp)

p2

Banned deucer.
QC 3/3: AM | Hootie | TDK
GP 2/2: TDP | P Squared

[OVERVIEW]

Suicune's fantastic typing and bulk make it a solid threat in OU. It is very useful on balanced or stall teams for its ability to shut down common Pokemon in OU such as Weavile, Heatran, and Mega Metagross. It also troubles defensive teams, as Pressure allows it to outlast its would-be counters such as Gastrodon, Unaware Clefable, Quagsire, and Seismitoad. Though Suicune is decent in OU, it struggles to keep up with the very fast and offensive metagame, which gives it fewer opportunities to set up and sweep. Rest as Suicune's only form of recovery also hinders it, as it becomes completely passive for two turns if it lacks Sleep Talk and said move is quite inconsistent. Suicune has a very lacking movepool and is a very one-dimensional Pokemon, so there is little to no surprise factor; despite this, it can still be very threatening. It also faces competition from Clefable and Mega Slowbro as a Calm Mind user, but it has more bulk, Pressure, and access to Roar to set it apart from them.

[SET]
name: Defensive
move 1: Scald
move 2: Rest
move 3: Roar
move 4: Calm Mind / Sleep Talk
item: Leftovers
ability: Pressure
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Suicune's main attacking move; though weak, it has a large chance to burn, being able to cripple many of Suicune's switch-ins. Rest is Suicune's only form of recovery outside of Leftovers, and sadly, it can leave Suicune completely passive if it lacks Sleep Talk. Roar allows Suicune to phaze attackers that try to take advantage of it such as Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, and Clefable. Calm Mind makes Suicune difficult to beat, boosting its already high Special Defense even further and allows its Scalds to hit much harder. Sleep Talk prevents Suicune from being so passive during its sleep turns and can burn foes with Scald or phaze them with Roar.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Defense investment makes Suicune as bulky as possible. Leftovers provides passive recovery, granting Suicune the extra longevity it needs to stay on the field to phaze and cripple the opponent's Pokemon as much as possible. Pressure is Suicune's only legal ability and allows it to stall out defensive Pokemon such as Quagsire and Clefable. 16 Speed EVs can be run to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt, while 20 Speed EVs can be used to outrun standard Rotom-W and set up Calm Mind before it uses Volt Switch.

Usage Tips
========

Use Scald early-game to wear down Suicune's checks and counters such as Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn. Use Rest when Suicune falls to low HP to recover and cure status. Sleep Talk should be used during sleep turns, but try not to use it if your main goal is trying to PP stall, as doing so saves PP. Roar should be used on Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Clefable, and Celebi that think they can use Suicune as setup bait. If running Calm Mind, use it late-game when Suicune can sweep past its weakened checks and counters.

Team Options
========

Suicune only fits on balanced or stall teams; it is too passive for offensive teams considering how much of a momentum killer Rest is. Mega Charizard X is a good teammate for Suicune, as it handles Grass- and Electric-types and is able to spread burns with Will-O-Wisp or sweep the opposing team with Dragon Dance once its checks and counters, such as Hippowdon and Landorus-T, have been weakened. Hippowdon easily walls common Electric-types such as Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus lacking Grass Knot, all of which are very threatening to Suicune. It also provides Stealth Rock support for Suicune to capitalize on with its phazing. Ferrothorn has amazing defensive synergy with Suicune, as it resists Grass- and Electric-type moves while Suicune can switch into Fire-type moves easily. Ferrothorn provides Spikes support for Suicune to also take advantage of with Roar while also being able to weaken Water-type checks such as Manaphy and Slowbro. Dragalge can spread Toxic Spikes as well as handle Grass- and Electric-types. Mega Sableye can block entry hazards with Magic Bounce and spread burns, and it is able to spinblock teams that rely on Starmie or Excadrill for hazard removal. Talonflame can easily remove Grass-types for Suicune, while Suicune beats the Rock- and Ground-types that wall Talonflame easily. Unaware Clefable can handle the Pokemon that set up on Suicune outside of Mega Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and defensive Mega Altaria; it is also to remove status with Heal Bell and pass Wishes if Suicune is too pressured to use Rest. Heatran can easily switch into and shut down the Grass-types that beat Suicune.

[SET]
name: CroCune
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Suicune's main offensive move, being able to cripple Pokemon with its high burn chance. Calm Mind boosts Suicune's low offenses and makes it very difficult to break without super effective moves. Rest is Suicune's only form of recovery and gives it solid longevity. Sleep Talk prevents Suicune from being totally passive during its Rest turns and gives it a chance to boost more with Calm Mind or to gain more chip damage on attackers with Scald.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Defense investment makes Suicune as bulky as possible. Investing in Special Defense isn't as necessary, as Calm Mind patches that up. Leftovers is necessary for passive recovery and increased longevity under sand and can turn 2HKOs into 3HKOs. Pressure is Suicune's only ability and allows it to outlast Pokemon such as Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Clefable. 16 Speed EVs can be run to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt, while 20 Speed EVs can be used to outrun standard Rotom-W and set up Calm Mind before it uses Volt Switch.

Usage Tips
========

Click Scald early-game so that Suicune can cripple its checks and counters such as Mega Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Serperior. Rest should be used when HP is low to recover, and Sleep Talk should be used during sleep turns to possibly boost with Calm Mind or get chip damage with Scald. If you are trying to PP stall, avoid using Sleep Talk, as this preserves PP. Suicune should only try to sweep with Calm Mind once its checks and counters have been weakened.

Team Options
========

Suicune doesn't fit on offensive teams due to how much of a momentum killer Rest can be, so it works best on balanced or stall teams. Ferrothorn has great synergy with Suicune, as Suicune can switch into the Fire-types that threaten Ferrothorn while Ferrothorn has an easy time switching into Grass- and Electric-type moves. Hippowdon walls Electric-types that threaten Suicune such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus lacking Grass Knot; it also provides Stealth Rock support, helping Suicune wear down its checks and counters. Mega Charizard X can handle most Electric- and Grass-types for Suicune, being able to weaken attackers with Will-O-Wisp or sweep with Dragon Dance once its checks such as Hippowdon and Landorus-T have been worn down. Heatran can easily beat Grass-types that shut down Suicune, while Suicune beats Ground-types for Heatran. Talonflame removes Grass-types for Suicune, while Suicune can beat the Ground- and Rock-types that easily wall Talonflame. Mega Sableye can block entry hazards, which helps prevent Suicune from being worn down too easily and being forced to use Rest. It can also shut down attackers with Will-O-Wisp and shut down hazard removal against teams that rely on Starmie. Unaware Clefable can handle Pokemon that use Suicune as setup bait such as Dragonite and Calm Mind Latios, heal sleep with Heal Bell, and pass decently sized Wishes if Suicune cannot find an opportunity to use Rest. Tornadus-T is another great teammate for Suicune, as it beats Grass-types while Suicune shuts down Rock-types such as Tyranitar.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Suicune can run a Tailwind set, which provides valuable speed control for offensive teams, though Suicune is still too weak on offensive teams and bulkier teams don't benefit that much from it. An EV spread of 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe with a Modest nature allows Suicune to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Garchomp. Substitute + Calm Mind can be run, as it allows Suicune to avoid status and take advantage of weaker attackers such as Slowbro and Hippowdon, though Suicune needs to forgo Sleep Talk or Roar in order to use this effectively, which usually isn't worth it.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Celebi, Serperior, Shaymin, Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, and Breloom can all pressure Suicune heavily. Celebi and Serperior can boost against it with Nasty Plot and Leaf Storm, respectively, while Shaymin can reduce Suicune's Special Defense severely with Seed Flare, and Ferrothorn walls Suicune and annoys it with Leech Seed while having decent damage output with Power Whip. Mega Venusaur also takes very little damage from Suicune's Scald and has a high-powered Giga Drain to deter it from setting up, though it can lose one-on-one if Suicune outspeeds it. Breloom can also put Suicune to sleep with Spore and set up with Swords Dance, but it risks hitting CroCune with Spore and getting burned by Scald from Sleep Talk; however, it can run a Poison Heal set to bypass Scald burns.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, Thundurus, and Magnezone are all capable of putting massive pressure on Suicune because of their high-powered STAB moves and ability to grab momentum with Volt Switch if Suicune switches out; however, they do not like switching into Scald, as burn damage cuts their longevity.

**Toxicroak**: Toxicroak can't be Pressure stalled like Clefable or Quagsire and easily boosts against Suicune with Swords Dance because it is immune to Scald.

**Offensive Pressure**: Suicune can find itself being overloaded with checking powerful attackers and can be broken down by strong offensive cores such as Bisharp + Mega Medicham, Mega Metagross + Keldeo, and Mega Scizor + Bisharp.

**Setup Sweepers**: Pokemon such as Rain Dance Manaphy, Heal Bell Altaria, Reuniclus, Calm Mind + Psyshock Mega Slowbro, Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, Substitute + Dragon Dance Gyarados, Calm Mind Latios, and Calm Mind Mega Latias are all examples of Pokemon that can boost against Suicune lacking Roar and win one-on-one.

**Mew**: Stallbreaker Mew is capable of completely shutting down Suicune when it is unboosted. It prevents recovery with Taunt, removes Leftovers with Knock Off, heals off damage with Roost, and burns Suicune, removing 12.5% HP every turn.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The current Rotom-W spread has 8 Speed EVs to beat Adamant Crawdaunt, so it should be noted that the current spreads beat uninvested Rotom-W. Alternatively, Suicune's Speed investment can be changed to 16 so it may also outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt for both sets and try to fish for a Scald burn before getting hit by Knock Off.

Reactions: p2

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mention Sub CM Keldeo, CM Latios, Heal Bell / Sub + DD Altaria, CM+Psyshock MSlowbro, Tail Glow Energy Ball Manaphy, Sub DD Gyarados (both mega and regular), Reuniclus and Unaware CM Clef as counters if Roar isn't being used (and in general, you should probably dedicate a section to setup sweepers that can bypass burns and don't take too much from Scald as ways to counter Roar-less Suicune).
Speaking of which, the wide range of things Roar helps against makes it a better set than RestTalk which is kinda unreliable anyway so I would personally make it the first set on the analysis.

Also, mention Mew and Toxicorak as universal counters, and mention the fact that Breloom can run a Poison Heal set which doesn't care about Scald burns.

This might seem obvious given the suggested partners but I'd make it clear that Suicune fits better on defensive and balanced teams as opposed to offensive ones where it's usually too passive to really function.

For the Sleep Talk set put an emphasis on stuff that can handle certain setup sweepers which can beat Suicune, for example Unaware Clefable beats most setup sweepers I mentioned earlier with the exception of Gyarados and opposing Unaware Clefable, Ferrothorn (which you already mentioned) handles CM Latios, Sub DD Altaria, Gyarados, most Manaphy and can slow down Slowbro, etc.

(also Suicune can actually beat Venusaur 1v1 if it outspeeds it so you may want to mention that :
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 152-182 (37.6 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery)

p2

Banned deucer.
Mention Sub CM Keldeo, CM Latios, Heal Bell / Sub + DD Altaria, CM+Psyshock MSlowbro, Tail Glow Energy Ball Manaphy, Sub DD Gyarados (both mega and regular), Reuniclus and Unaware CM Clef as counters if Roar isn't being used (and in general, you should probably dedicate a section to setup sweepers that can bypass burns and don't take too much from Scald as ways to counter Roar-less Suicune).
Speaking of which, the wide range of things Roar helps against makes it a better set than RestTalk which is kinda unreliable anyway so I would personally make it the first set on the analysis.

Also, mention Mew and Toxicorak as universal counters, and mention the fact that Breloom can run a Poison Heal set which doesn't care about Scald burns.

This might seem obvious given the suggested partners but I'd make it clear that Suicune fits better on defensive and balanced teams as opposed to offensive ones where it's usually too passive to really function.

For the Sleep Talk set put an emphasis on stuff that can handle certain setup sweepers which can beat Suicune, for example Unaware Clefable beats most setup sweepers I mentioned earlier with the exception of Gyarados and opposing Unaware Clefable, Ferrothorn (which you already mentioned) handles CM Latios, Sub DD Altaria, Gyarados, most Manaphy and can slow down Slowbro, etc.

(also Suicune can actually beat Venusaur 1v1 if it outspeeds it so you may want to mention that :
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 152-182 (37.6 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery)
Oh yeah, I knew I was missing something important from C&C, it just hit me when I didn't have internet access and after I got this ready this morning.

I'll get all that done

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The current spreads are speed creeping, which isn't allowed. I suggested 16 Speed because Adamant Crawdaunt is a hard number, while standard Rotom-W can just countercreep because its base Speed is naturally faster.

p2

Banned deucer.
The current spreads are speed creeping, which isn't allowed. I suggested 16 Speed because Adamant Crawdaunt is a hard number, while standard Rotom-W can just countercreep because its base Speed is naturally faster.
I thought you were allowed to speed creep standard sets, but not any more than that. ie you can't use 24 speed Suicune to creep 12 speed Rotom-W

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
You can put speed for simple base stat guidelines although I'm not really a fan of putting speed on anything that merits a defensive role on the analysis but rather have tdk or tokyo tom say what they want on that.

Suicune doesn't really shut down Mega Scizor fyi more so deter it in your overview.

Um I don't really like Rest / CM I normally use Defensive set with Sleep Talk but I guess that's fine until stated otherwise.

Suicune fits on balance as well, not just solely defensive teams.

Offensive Suicune is totally outclassed in its role against Manaphy and doesn't deserve an OO mention unless you're stating why it shouldn't be used.

Grass Types: M-Venusaur should still be here anyways.

Pokemon that can bypass burns: I'd changed this to something more simple. Set up sweepers perhaps.

QC 1/3 when all of that is down.

p2

Banned deucer.
You can put speed for simple base stat guidelines although I'm not really a fan of putting speed on anything that merits a defensive role on the analysis but rather have tdk or tokyo tom say what they want on that.

Suicune doesn't really shut down Mega Scizor fyi more so deter it in your overview.

Um I don't really like Rest / CM I normally use Defensive set with Sleep Talk but I guess that's fine until stated otherwise.

Suicune fits on balance as well, not just solely defensive teams.

Offensive Suicune is totally outclassed in its role against Manaphy and doesn't deserve an OO mention unless you're stating why it shouldn't be used.

Grass Types: M-Venusaur should still be here anyways.

Pokemon that can bypass burns: I'd changed this to something more simple. Set up sweepers perhaps.

QC 1/3 when all of that is down.
ok thanks, all of this is implemented

ready for the second check

Add Talonflame to the list of mons that Suicune can phaze with Roar, as I feel like it's one of the more important ones to note alongside the two you have listed.

Just remove the Speed EVs. The Rotom analysis already has Speed EVs on the main set, so it's going to creep a 20 Speed Suicune anyways.

Slash Sleep Talk with Calm Mind, because it lets it have a chance to phaze out things like SD Talonflame and most CM users while asleep instead of being helpless for 2 turns.

When mentioning Ferrothorn in team options, make sure to note their great synergy.

Team options for the first set are a little bit lacking. Hippowdon should be added to take on Electric-types. Add Heatran as a partner for both sets because of its ability to switch into Serperior, Mega Venusaur, and other Grass-types that are a pain for Suicune.

Checks and Counters needs to be a bit reorganized. Remove entry hazards section, any mon can easily get pressured by hazards, so I don't see how it's any different for Suicune, especially considering the fact that Suicune can heal off poison inflicted by Toxic Spikes with Rest. Move Toxicroak above the 'offensive pressure' section because it's one of the few mons that doesn't care if it's even at +6. I would say put it on top of the list, but it's not exactly common in the first place.

QC 2/3

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Surely Sleep Talk should at least be slashed on the defensive set? Rn you give the impression that it's somewhat unusable, when it's anything but. The 66% chance to roll Scald or Roar is really nice vs stuff like SD Scizor for example. It can also make Suicune infinitely more annoying with hazard pressure because now you can't pressure it as easily through forcing it to Rest. If I'm honest I think the sets would be better reflected if the first set was a dedicated Defensive Roar set while the second set covered Calm Mind sets.

EDIT: I missed it in Hootie's post somehow, my bad. Still think the sets would look better if one was dedicated RoarCune and one was dedicated CM.

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
Add Talonflame to the list of mons that Suicune can phaze with Roar, as I feel like it's one of the more important ones to note alongside the two you have listed.

Just remove the Speed EVs. The Rotom analysis already has Speed EVs on the main set, so it's going to creep a 20 Speed Suicune anyways.

Slash Sleep Talk with Calm Mind, because it lets it have a chance to phaze out things like SD Talonflame and most CM users while asleep instead of being helpless for 2 turns.

When mentioning Ferrothorn in team options, make sure to note their great synergy.

Team options for the first set are a little bit lacking. Hippowdon should be added to take on Electric-types. Add Heatran as a partner for both sets because of its ability to switch into Serperior, Mega Venusaur, and other Grass-types that are a pain for Suicune.

Checks and Counters needs to be a bit reorganized. Remove entry hazards section, any mon can easily get pressured by hazards, so I don't see how it's any different for Suicune, especially considering the fact that Suicune can heal off poison inflicted by Toxic Spikes with Rest. Move Toxicroak above the 'offensive pressure' section because it's one of the few mons that doesn't care if it's even at +6. I would say put it on top of the list, but it's not exactly common in the first place.

QC 2/3
ok thanks I'm writing this up now.

What about speed investment though? I think it should creep max speed Crawdaunt at least, though it isn't that common, but I feel the EVs make a huge difference considering its how powerful Craws Knock Off is, especially if its at +2 and chancing a burn is better than just getting outsped and dying

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Regarding the EV Spreads, just make them both 252 / 252 and mention popular speed benchmarks in set details (Adamant Crawdaunt, 8 Speed Rotom-W). Also fwiw both of your current spreads are missing 4 EVs.

Rather than mentioning the fact that Suicune can check Lopunny, which is actually rather unreliably considering Power-Up Punch is rather common, I'd mention Heatran and / or Mega Sableye under things Suicune can handle.

Looks good aside from that. 3/3

p2

Banned deucer.
Regarding the EV Spreads, just make them both 252 / 252 and mention popular speed benchmarks in set details (Adamant Crawdaunt, 8 Speed Rotom-W). Also fwiw both of your current spreads are missing 4 EVs.

Rather than mentioning the fact that Suicune can check Lopunny, which is actually rather unreliably considering Power-Up Punch is rather common, I'd mention Heatran and / or Mega Sableye under things Suicune can handle.

Looks good aside from that. 3/3
implemented and moving to GP

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add (Capitalize / Fix) (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/2
[OVERVIEW]

Suicune's fantastic typing and bulk make it a solid threat in OU. It is very useful on balanced or stall teams for its ability to shut down common Pokemon in OU such as Weavile, Heatran, and Mega Metagross. It also troubles defensive teams, (AC) too as Pressure allows it to outlast its would-be counters such as Gastrodon, Unaware Clefable, Quagsire, and Seismitoad. Though Suicune is decent in OU, it struggles to keep up with the very fast and offensive meta, which gives it less opportunities to set up and sweep. Rest as Suicune's only form of recovery also hinders it, (AC) as it becomes completely passive for two turns if it lacks Sleep Talk and said move is quite inconsistent. Suicune has a very lacking movepool and is a very one-dimensional (add hyphen)Pokemon, so there is little to no surprise factor; (SC) despite this, it can still be very threatening. (this feels a bit out of place here) It also faces competition from Clefable and Mega Slowbro as a Calm Mind user, but it has more bulk, Pressure, and access to Roar to set it apart from them.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Suicune's main attacking move; (SC) though weak, it has a large chance to burn, being able to cripple many of Suicune's switch-ins. (add hyphen) Rest is Suicune's only form of recovery outside of Leftovers, though and sadly, (AC) it can leave Suicune completely passive if lacking Sleep Talk. Roar allows Suicune to phaze out attackers that try to take advantage of it such as Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, and Clefable. Calm Mind makes Suicune difficult to beat, (AC) as it boosts its already high Special Defense even further and allows its Scalds to hit much harder. Sleep Talk prevents Suicune from being so passive during its sleep turns and can burn opponents with Scald or phaze them out with Roar.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Defense investment makes Suicune as bulky as possible. Leftovers provides passive recovery, which is very important as granting Suicune needs the extra longevity it needs to stay on the field to phaze and cripple the opponent's Pokemon as much as possible. Pressure is Suicune's only legal ability and allows it to stall out defensive Pokemon such as Quagsire and Clefable. 16 Speed EVs can be run to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt, while 20 Speed EVs can be used to outrun standard Rotom-W and set up Calm Mind before it Volt Switches uses Volt Switch.

Usage Tips
========

Use Scald early-game to wear down Suicune's checks and counters such as Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn. Use Rest when Suicune falls to low HP to recover and cure status. Sleep Talk should be used during sleep turns, but try to not use it if your main goal is trying to PP stall, (AC) as it saves PP. Roar should be used on Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Clefable, and Celebi that think they can use Suicune as set up setup bait. If running Calm Mind, use it late-game when Suicune can sweep past its weakened checks and counters.

Team Options
========

Suicune only fits on balanced or stall teams; (SC) it is too passive for offensive teams considering how much of a momentum killer Rest is. Mega Charizard X is a good teammate for Suicune, (AC) as it handles Grass- and Electric-types, while being and is able to spread burns with Will-O-Wisp or sweep the opposing team with Dragon Dance once its checks and counters, such as Hippowdon and Landorus-T, have been weakened. Hippowdon easily walls common Electric-types such as Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus lacking Grass Knot, all of which are very threatening to Suicune. Hippowdon It also provides Stealth Rock support for Suicune to capitalize on with its phazing. Ferrothorn has amazing defensive synergy with Suicune, (AC) as it resists the Grass- and Electric-type moves while Suicune can switch into Fire-type moves easily. Ferrothorn provides Spike support for Suicune to also take advantage of with Roar (RC) while also being able to weaken Water-type checks such as Manaphy and Slowbro. Dragalge can spread Toxic Spikes (RC) while being able to handle Grass- and Electric-types. Mega Sableye can block entry hazards with Magic Bounce (RC) while spreading burns, and it is able to spinblock teams that rely on Starmie or Excadrill for hazard removal. Talonflame can easily remove Grass-types for Suicune, while Suicune beats the Rock- and Ground-types that wall Talonflame easily. Unaware Clefable can handle the Pokemon that set up on Suicune outside of Mega Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and offensive Mega Altaria (RC) while also being able to remove status with Heal Bell and pass Wishes if Suicune is too pressured to use Rest. Heatran can easily switch into and shut down the Grass-types that beat Suicune.

[SET]
evs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 16 Spe (4 EVs are missing)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Suicune's main offensive move, being able to cripple Pokemon with its high burn chance. Calm Mind boosts Suicune's low offenses and makes it very difficult to break without super effective moves. Rest is Suicune's only form of recovery and gives it solid longevity. Sleep Talk prevents Suicune from being totally passive during its Rest turns (RC) and has a chance to boost more with Calm Mind or to gain more chip damage on attackers with Scald.

Set Details
========

16 Speed EVs outspeed everything up to Adamant Crawdaunt, while the rest of the EVs are placed into HP and Defense to maximize bulk. Investing in Special Defense isn't as necessary, (AC) as Calm Mind patches that up. Leftovers is necessary for passive recovery (RC) and increased longevity during sand and can turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs. (other way round I guess) Pressure is Suicune's only ability (RC) and allows it to outlast Pokemon such as Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Clefable.
(space)
Usage Tips
========

Click Scald early-game so that you Suicune can cripple your its checks and counters such as Mega Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Serperior. Rest should be used when HP is low to recover, (AC) and Sleep Talk should be used during sleep turns to either possibly (or roll Rest and do nothing)boost with Calm Mind or get chip damage with Scald. If you are trying to PP stall, avoid using Sleep Talk, (AC) as this preserves PP. Suicune should only try to sweep with Calm Mind once its checks and counters have been weakened.

Team Options
========

Suicune doesn't fit on offensive teams due to how much of a momentum killer Rest can be, and so (RC) it works best on balanced or stall teams. Ferrothorn has great synergy with Suicune, (AC) as Suicune can switch into the Fire-types that threaten Ferrothorn (RC) while Ferrothorn has an easy time switching into Grass- and Electric-type moves. Hippowdon walls Electric-types that threaten Suicune such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus lacking Grass Knot (RC) while providing Stealth Rock support for helping Suicune wear down its checks and counters. Mega Charizard X can handle most Electric- and Grass-types for Suicune, being able to weaken attackers with Will-O-Wisp or sweep with Dragon Dance once it's its checks such as Hippowdon and Landorus-T have been worn down. Heatran can easily beat Grass-types that shut down Suicune, while Suicune beats Ground-types for Heatran. Talonflame removes Grass-types for Suicune, while Suicune can beat the Ground- and Rock-types that easily wall Talonflame. Mega Sableye can block entry hazards, which helps prevent Suicune from being worn down too much (maybe "easily?") and forcing it being forced to use Rest. It can also shut down attackers with Will-O-Wisp and shut down hazard removal against teams that rely on Starmie. Unaware Clefable can handle Pokemon that use Suicune as set up setup bait such as Dragonite and Calm Mind Latios (RC) while being able to heal sleep status with Heal Bell and pass decently sized Wishes if Suicune cannot find an opportunity to use Rest. Tornadus-T is another great teammate for Suicune, (AC) as it beats Grass-types (RC) while Suicune shuts down Rock-types such as Tyranitar.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Suicune can run a Tailwind set, which provides really nice valuable speed control for offensive teams, though Suicune is still too weak on offensive teams and bulkier teams don't benefit that much from it. An EV spread of 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe with a Modest nature allows Suicune to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Garchomp. Substitute + Calm Mind can be run, (AC) as it allows Suicune to avoid status and take advantage of weaker attackers such as Slowbro and Hippowdon, though Suicune needs to forgo Sleep Talk or Roar in order to use this effectively, which usually isn't worth it.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Celebi, Serperior, Shaymin, Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, and Breloom can all pressure Suicune heavily. Celebi and Serperior can boost against it with Nasty Plot and Leaf Storm, respectively, while Shaymin can reduce Suicune's Special Defense severely with Seed Flare, while and Ferrothorn walls Suicune and annoys it with Leech Seed (RC) while having decent damage output with Power Whip. Mega Venusaur also takes very little damage from Suicune's Scald and has a high-powered (add hyphen) Giga Drain to deter it from setting up, though it can lose 1v1 one-on-one if Suicune outspeeds. Breloom can also Spore putting Suicune to sleep with Spore and set up with Swords Dance, however but it risks hitting CroCune with Spore and getting burned by Scald from Sleep Talk; (SC) though however, (AC) it can run a Poison Heal set to bypass Scald burns.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, Thundurus, and Magnezone are all capable of putting massive pressure on Suicune because of their high-powered (add hyphen) STAB moves and the ability to grab momentum with Volt Switch if Suicune switches out; (SC) however, they do not like switching into Scald, (AC) as burn damage cuts their longevity.

**Toxicroak**: Toxicroak can't be Pressure stalled like Clefable or Quagsire are (RC) and easily boosts against Suicune with Swords Dance as because it is immune to Scald.

**Offensive Pressure**: Suicune can find itself being overloaded with checking powerful attackers (RC) and can be broken down by strong offensive cores such as Bisharp and (pluses would work here too) Mega Medicham, Mega Metagross and Keldeo, and Mega Scizor and Bisharp.

**Set up Sweepers**: Pokemon such as Rain Dance Manaphy, Heal Bell Altaria, Reuniclus, Calm Mind + Psyshock Mega Slowbro, Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, Substitute + Dragon Dance Gyarados, Calm Mind Latios, and Calm Mind Mega Latias are all examples of Pokemon that can boost against Suicune lacking Roar and win 1v1 one-on-one.

**Mew**: Stallbreaker Mew is capable of completely shutting down Suicune when it is unboosted. It prevents recovery with Taunt, removes Leftovers with Knock Off, heals off damage with Roost, and burns Suicune, removing 12.5% HP every turn.

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
remove add (Capitalize / Fix) (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/2
[OVERVIEW]

Suicune's fantastic typing and bulk make it a solid threat in OU. It is very useful on balanced or stall teams for its ability to shut down common Pokemon in OU such as Weavile, Heatran, and Mega Metagross. It also troubles defensive teams, (AC) too as Pressure allows it to outlast its would-be counters such as Gastrodon, Unaware Clefable, Quagsire, and Seismitoad. Though Suicune is decent in OU, it struggles to keep up with the very fast and offensive meta, which gives it less opportunities to set up and sweep. Rest as Suicune's only form of recovery also hinders it, (AC) as it becomes completely passive for two turns if it lacks Sleep Talk and said move is quite inconsistent. Suicune has a very lacking movepool and is a very one-dimensional (add hyphen)Pokemon, so there is little to no surprise factor; (SC) despite this, it can still be very threatening. (this feels a bit out of place here) It also faces competition from Clefable and Mega Slowbro as a Calm Mind user, but it has more bulk, Pressure, and access to Roar to set it apart from them.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Suicune's main attacking move; (SC) though weak, it has a large chance to burn, being able to cripple many of Suicune's switch-ins. (add hyphen) Rest is Suicune's only form of recovery outside of Leftovers, though and sadly, (AC) it can leave Suicune completely passive if lacking Sleep Talk. Roar allows Suicune to phaze out attackers that try to take advantage of it such as Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, and Clefable. Calm Mind makes Suicune difficult to beat, (AC) as it boosts its already high Special Defense even further and allows its Scalds to hit much harder. Sleep Talk prevents Suicune from being so passive during its sleep turns and can burn opponents with Scald or phaze them out with Roar.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Defense investment makes Suicune as bulky as possible. Leftovers provides passive recovery, which is very important as granting Suicune needs the extra longevity it needs to stay on the field to phaze and cripple the opponent's Pokemon as much as possible. Pressure is Suicune's only legal ability and allows it to stall out defensive Pokemon such as Quagsire and Clefable. 16 Speed EVs can be run to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt, while 20 Speed EVs can be used to outrun standard Rotom-W and set up Calm Mind before it Volt Switches uses Volt Switch.

Usage Tips
========

Use Scald early-game to wear down Suicune's checks and counters such as Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn. Use Rest when Suicune falls to low HP to recover and cure status. Sleep Talk should be used during sleep turns, but try to not use it if your main goal is trying to PP stall, (AC) as it saves PP. Roar should be used on Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Clefable, and Celebi that think they can use Suicune as set up setup bait. If running Calm Mind, use it late-game when Suicune can sweep past its weakened checks and counters.

Team Options
========

Suicune only fits on balanced or stall teams; (SC) it is too passive for offensive teams considering how much of a momentum killer Rest is. Mega Charizard X is a good teammate for Suicune, (AC) as it handles Grass- and Electric-types, while being and is able to spread burns with Will-O-Wisp or sweep the opposing team with Dragon Dance once its checks and counters, such as Hippowdon and Landorus-T, have been weakened. Hippowdon easily walls common Electric-types such as Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus lacking Grass Knot, all of which are very threatening to Suicune. Hippowdon It also provides Stealth Rock support for Suicune to capitalize on with its phazing. Ferrothorn has amazing defensive synergy with Suicune, (AC) as it resists the Grass- and Electric-type moves while Suicune can switch into Fire-type moves easily. Ferrothorn provides Spike support for Suicune to also take advantage of with Roar (RC) while also being able to weaken Water-type checks such as Manaphy and Slowbro. Dragalge can spread Toxic Spikes (RC) while being able to handle Grass- and Electric-types. Mega Sableye can block entry hazards with Magic Bounce (RC) while spreading burns, and it is able to spinblock teams that rely on Starmie or Excadrill for hazard removal. Talonflame can easily remove Grass-types for Suicune, while Suicune beats the Rock- and Ground-types that wall Talonflame easily. Unaware Clefable can handle the Pokemon that set up on Suicune outside of Mega Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and offensive Mega Altaria (RC) while also being able to remove status with Heal Bell and pass Wishes if Suicune is too pressured to use Rest. Heatran can easily switch into and shut down the Grass-types that beat Suicune.

[SET]
evs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 16 Spe (4 EVs are missing)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Suicune's main offensive move, being able to cripple Pokemon with its high burn chance. Calm Mind boosts Suicune's low offenses and makes it very difficult to break without super effective moves. Rest is Suicune's only form of recovery and gives it solid longevity. Sleep Talk prevents Suicune from being totally passive during its Rest turns (RC) and has a chance to boost more with Calm Mind or to gain more chip damage on attackers with Scald.

Set Details
========

16 Speed EVs outspeed everything up to Adamant Crawdaunt, while the rest of the EVs are placed into HP and Defense to maximize bulk. Investing in Special Defense isn't as necessary, (AC) as Calm Mind patches that up. Leftovers is necessary for passive recovery (RC) and increased longevity during sand and can turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs. (other way round I guess) Pressure is Suicune's only ability (RC) and allows it to outlast Pokemon such as Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Clefable.
(space)
Usage Tips
========

Click Scald early-game so that you Suicune can cripple your its checks and counters such as Mega Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Serperior. Rest should be used when HP is low to recover, (AC) and Sleep Talk should be used during sleep turns to either possibly (or roll Rest and do nothing)boost with Calm Mind or get chip damage with Scald. If you are trying to PP stall, avoid using Sleep Talk, (AC) as this preserves PP. Suicune should only try to sweep with Calm Mind once its checks and counters have been weakened.

Team Options
========

Suicune doesn't fit on offensive teams due to how much of a momentum killer Rest can be, and so (RC) it works best on balanced or stall teams. Ferrothorn has great synergy with Suicune, (AC) as Suicune can switch into the Fire-types that threaten Ferrothorn (RC) while Ferrothorn has an easy time switching into Grass- and Electric-type moves. Hippowdon walls Electric-types that threaten Suicune such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus lacking Grass Knot (RC) while providing Stealth Rock support for helping Suicune wear down its checks and counters. Mega Charizard X can handle most Electric- and Grass-types for Suicune, being able to weaken attackers with Will-O-Wisp or sweep with Dragon Dance once it's its checks such as Hippowdon and Landorus-T have been worn down. Heatran can easily beat Grass-types that shut down Suicune, while Suicune beats Ground-types for Heatran. Talonflame removes Grass-types for Suicune, while Suicune can beat the Ground- and Rock-types that easily wall Talonflame. Mega Sableye can block entry hazards, which helps prevent Suicune from being worn down too much (maybe "easily?") and forcing it being forced to use Rest. It can also shut down attackers with Will-O-Wisp and shut down hazard removal against teams that rely on Starmie. Unaware Clefable can handle Pokemon that use Suicune as set up setup bait such as Dragonite and Calm Mind Latios (RC) while being able to heal sleep status with Heal Bell and pass decently sized Wishes if Suicune cannot find an opportunity to use Rest. Tornadus-T is another great teammate for Suicune, (AC) as it beats Grass-types (RC) while Suicune shuts down Rock-types such as Tyranitar.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Suicune can run a Tailwind set, which provides really nice valuable speed control for offensive teams, though Suicune is still too weak on offensive teams and bulkier teams don't benefit that much from it. An EV spread of 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe with a Modest nature allows Suicune to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Garchomp. Substitute + Calm Mind can be run, (AC) as it allows Suicune to avoid status and take advantage of weaker attackers such as Slowbro and Hippowdon, though Suicune needs to forgo Sleep Talk or Roar in order to use this effectively, which usually isn't worth it.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Celebi, Serperior, Shaymin, Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, and Breloom can all pressure Suicune heavily. Celebi and Serperior can boost against it with Nasty Plot and Leaf Storm, respectively, while Shaymin can reduce Suicune's Special Defense severely with Seed Flare, while and Ferrothorn walls Suicune and annoys it with Leech Seed (RC) while having decent damage output with Power Whip. Mega Venusaur also takes very little damage from Suicune's Scald and has a high-powered (add hyphen) Giga Drain to deter it from setting up, though it can lose 1v1 one-on-one if Suicune outspeeds. Breloom can also Spore putting Suicune to sleep with Spore and set up with Swords Dance, however but it risks hitting CroCune with Spore and getting burned by Scald from Sleep Talk; (SC) though however, (AC) it can run a Poison Heal set to bypass Scald burns.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, Thundurus, and Magnezone are all capable of putting massive pressure on Suicune because of their high-powered (add hyphen) STAB moves and the ability to grab momentum with Volt Switch if Suicune switches out; (SC) however, they do not like switching into Scald, (AC) as burn damage cuts their longevity.

**Toxicroak**: Toxicroak can't be Pressure stalled like Clefable or Quagsire are (RC) and easily boosts against Suicune with Swords Dance as because it is immune to Scald.

**Offensive Pressure**: Suicune can find itself being overloaded with checking powerful attackers (RC) and can be broken down by strong offensive cores such as Bisharp and (pluses would work here too) Mega Medicham, Mega Metagross and Keldeo, and Mega Scizor and Bisharp.

**Set up Sweepers**: Pokemon such as Rain Dance Manaphy, Heal Bell Altaria, Reuniclus, Calm Mind + Psyshock Mega Slowbro, Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, Substitute + Dragon Dance Gyarados, Calm Mind Latios, and Calm Mind Mega Latias are all examples of Pokemon that can boost against Suicune lacking Roar and win 1v1 one-on-one.

thanks, this is all implemented

ready for the second check

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
use the Reply button on my post to implement this, ty
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Suicune's fantastic typing and bulk make it a solid threat in OU. It is very useful on balanced or stall teams for its ability to shut down common Pokemon in OU such as Weavile, Heatran, and Mega Metagross. It also troubles defensive teams, as Pressure allows it to outlast its would-be counters such as Gastrodon, Unaware Clefable, Quagsire, and Seismitoad. Though Suicune is decent in OU, it struggles to keep up with the very fast and offensive metagame, which gives it less fewer opportunities to set up and sweep. Rest as Suicune's only form of recovery also hinders it, as it becomes completely passive for two turns if it lacks Sleep Talk and said move is quite inconsistent. Suicune has a very lacking movepool and is a very one-dimensional Pokemon, so there is little to no surprise factor; despite this, it can still be very threatening. It also faces competition from Clefable and Mega Slowbro as a Calm Mind user, but it has more bulk, Pressure, and access to Roar to set it apart from them.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Suicune's main attacking move,; (ASC) though weak;, (AC) it has a large chance to burn, being able to cripple many of Suicune's switch-ins. Rest is Suicune's only form of recovery outside of Leftovers, and sadly, it can leave Suicune completely passive if it lacks lacking Sleep Talk. Roar allows Suicune to phaze attackers that try to take advantage of it such as Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, and Clefable. Calm Mind makes Suicune difficult to beat, boosting as it boosts its already high Special Defense even further and allows its Scalds to hit much harder. Sleep Talk prevents Suicune from being so passive during its sleep turns and can burn foes opponents with Scald or phaze them with Roar.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Defense investment makes Suicune as bulky as possible. Leftovers provides passive recovery, granting Suicune the extra longevity it needs to stay on the field to phaze and cripple the opponent's Pokemon as much as possible. Pressure is Suicune's only legal ability and allows it to stall out defensive Pokemon such as Quagsire and Clefable. 16 Speed EVs can be run to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt, while 20 Speed EVs can be used to outrun standard Rotom-W and set up Calm Mind before it uses Volt Switch.

Usage Tips
========

Use Scald early-game to wear down Suicune's checks and counters such as Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn. Use Rest when Suicune falls to low HP to recover and cure status. Sleep Talk should be used during sleep turns, but try not to not use it if your main goal is trying to PP stall, as doing so it saves PP. Roar should be used on Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Clefable, and Celebi that think they can use Suicune as setup bait. If running Calm Mind, use it late-game when Suicune can sweep past its weakened checks and counters.

Team Options
========

Suicune only fits on balanced or stall teams; it is too passive for offensive teams considering how much of a momentum killer Rest is. Mega Charizard X is a good teammate for Suicune, as it handles Grass- and Electric-types, (RC) and is able to spread burns with Will-O-Wisp or sweep the opposing team with Dragon Dance once its checks and counters, such as Hippowdon and Landorus-T, have been weakened. Hippowdon easily walls common Electric-types such as Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus lacking Grass Knot, all of which are very threatening to Suicune. It also provides Stealth Rock support for Suicune to capitalize on with its phazing. Ferrothorn has amazing defensive synergy with Suicune, as it resists Grass- and Electric-type moves while Suicune can switch into Fire-type moves easily. Ferrothorn provides Spikes support for Suicune to also take advantage of with Roar while also being able to weaken Water-type checks such as Manaphy and Slowbro. Dragalge can spread Toxic Spikes as well as while being able to handle Grass- and Electric-types. Mega Sableye can block entry hazards with Magic Bounce and while spreading burns, and it is able to spinblock teams that rely on Starmie or Excadrill for hazard removal. Talonflame can easily remove Grass-types for Suicune, while Suicune beats the Rock- and Ground-types that wall Talonflame easily. Unaware Clefable can handle the Pokemon that set up on Suicune outside of Mega Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and offensive Mega Altaria; it is also while also being able to remove status with Heal Bell and pass Wishes if Suicune is too pressured to use Rest. Heatran can easily switch into and shut down the Grass-types that beat Suicune.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Suicune's main offensive move, being able to cripple Pokemon with its high burn chance. Calm Mind boosts Suicune's low offenses and makes it very difficult to break without super effective moves. Rest is Suicune's only form of recovery and gives it solid longevity. Sleep Talk prevents Suicune from being totally passive during its Rest turns and gives it has a chance to boost more with Calm Mind or to gain more chip damage on attackers with Scald.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Defense investment makes Suicune as bulky as possible. Investing in Special Defense isn't as necessary, (AC) as Calm Mind patches that up. Leftovers is necessary for passive recovery and increased longevity during sand (maybe "under sand"?) and can turn 2HKOs into 3HKOs. Pressure is Suicune's only ability and allows it to outlast Pokemon such as Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Clefable. 16 Speed EVs can be run to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt, while 20 Speed EVs can be used to outrun standard Rotom-W and set up Calm Mind before it uses Volt Switch.

Usage Tips
========

Click Scald early-game so that Suicune can cripple its checks and counters such as Mega Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Serperior. Rest should be used when HP is low to recover, and Sleep Talk should be used during sleep turns to possibly boost with Calm Mind or get chip damage with Scald. If you are trying to PP stall, avoid using Sleep Talk, as this preserves PP. Suicune should only try to sweep with Calm Mind once its checks and counters have been weakened.

Team Options
========

Suicune doesn't fit on offensive teams due to how much of a momentum killer Rest can be, and so it works best on balanced or stall teams. Ferrothorn has great synergy with Suicune, as Suicune can switch into the Fire-types that threaten Ferrothorn while Ferrothorn has an easy time switching into Grass- and Electric-type moves. Hippowdon walls Electric-types that threaten Suicune such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus lacking Grass Knot; it also provides while providing Stealth Rock support, (AC) for helping Suicune wear down its checks and counters. Mega Charizard X can handle most Electric- and Grass-types for Suicune, being able to weaken attackers with Will-O-Wisp or sweep with Dragon Dance once its checks such as Hippowdon and Landorus-T have been worn down. Heatran can easily beat Grass-types that shut down Suicune, while Suicune beats Ground-types for Heatran. Talonflame removes Grass-types for Suicune, while Suicune can beat the Ground- and Rock-types that easily wall Talonflame. Mega Sableye can block entry hazards, which helps prevent Suicune from being worn down too easily and being forced to use Rest. It can also shut down attackers with Will-O-Wisp and shut down hazard removal against teams that rely on Starmie. Unaware Clefable can handle Pokemon that use Suicune as setup bait such as Dragonite and Calm Mind Latios, (AC) while being able to heal sleep with Heal Bell, (AC) and pass decently sized Wishes if Suicune cannot find an opportunity to use Rest. Tornadus-T is another great teammate for Suicune, as it beats Grass-types while Suicune shuts down Rock-types such as Tyranitar.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Suicune can run a Tailwind set, which provides valuable nice speed control for offensive teams, though Suicune is still too weak on offensive teams and bulkier teams don't benefit that much from it. An EV spread of 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe with a Modest nature allows Suicune to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Garchomp. Substitute + Calm Mind can be run, as it allows Suicune to avoid status and take advantage of weaker attackers such as Slowbro and Hippowdon, though Suicune needs to forgo Sleep Talk or Roar in order to use this effectively, which usually isn't worth it.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Celebi, Serperior, Shaymin, Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, and Breloom can all pressure Suicune heavily. Celebi and Serperior can boost against it with Nasty Plot and Leaf Storm, respectively, while Shaymin can reduce Suicune's Special Defense severely with Seed Flare, and Ferrothorn walls Suicune and annoys it with Leech Seed while having decent damage output with Power Whip. Mega Venusaur also takes very little damage from Suicune's Scald and has a high-powered Giga Drain to deter it from setting up, though it can lose one-on-one if Suicune outspeeds it. Breloom can also put Suicune to sleep with Spore and set up with Swords Dance, but it risks hitting CroCune with Spore and getting burned by Scald from Sleep Talk; however, it can run a Poison Heal set to bypass Scald burns.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, Thundurus, and Magnezone are all capable of putting massive pressure on Suicune because of their high-powered STAB moves and ability to grab momentum with Volt Switch if Suicune switches out; however, they do not like switching into Scald, as burn damage cuts their longevity.

**Toxicroak**: Toxicroak can't be Pressure stalled like Clefable or Quagsire and easily boosts against Suicune with Swords Dance because it is immune to Scald.

**Offensive Pressure**: Suicune can find itself being overloaded with checking powerful attackers and can be broken down by strong offensive cores such as Bisharp + Mega Medicham, Mega Metagross + Keldeo, and Mega Scizor + Bisharp.

**Setup Sweepers**: Pokemon such as Rain Dance Manaphy, Heal Bell Altaria, Reuniclus, Calm Mind + Psyshock Mega Slowbro, Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo, Substitute + Dragon Dance Gyarados, Calm Mind Latios, and Calm Mind Mega Latias are all examples of Pokemon that can boost against Suicune lacking Roar and win one-on-one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)