@Leftovers
252 HP, 120 Sp. D, 136 Speed
Ability: Drought
Calm Nature
Will-O-Wisp
Substitue
Flamethrower
Hidden Power Fighting

Ninetales is mostly used to set up sun, but it also servers as something with some Sp. D bulk. Will-O-Wisp is used to burn leads, as well as any physical attackers that may come with when ninetales is behind a sub. Flamethrower for STAB and sun boost, and HP fighting to hit things like Heatran, that would wall it otherwise.

@lifeorb
4 HP, 252 Sp. A, 252 Speed
Modest Nature
Ability: Chlorophyll
Growth
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Fire
Sludge Bomb

What would any sun team be without Venusaur? This thing packs a punch, and just destroys everything when it gets a growth up, on top of that with its monstrous speed in sun, this thing is a pain to go up against. Energy Ball over Solar Beam just so that if tyranitar or politoed switches in, it can still hit them. HP fire for the coverage of steel types and the sun boost, and Sludge Bomb to hit anything else that the other two moves won't.

@Life Orb
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Ability: Snow Cloak
Adamant Nature
Ice Shard
Icicle Crash
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Why Mamoswine? I didn't really know why either, but I said what the heck, and decided to use it on this team, and it actually works pretty well, this thing has saved my butt more times that not. Ice shard can help take on opposing Venusaurs, as well as landorus. Icicle Crash cleanly KOs gliscor and dragonite as well. All around this time is amazing and deals some massive damage.

@leftovers
252 HP, 4 Attack, 252 Defense
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
Stealth Rocks
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Rapid Spin

Just here to take hit, get up stealth rocks, spin hazards away, and deal a little bit of damage with EQ or Ice shard, don't think it needs much explaining, fits well with the team, and can help mamoswine take out venusaurs and such.

@light clay
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Timid Nature
Ability: Magic Bounce
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic
Hidden Power Fighting

Espeon is used to set up screens with help the team absorb some damage. Psychic to hit anything that comes in on it, as well as HP fighting which helps yet again hit things like heatran. Its also used to help donphan keep harazards from my side of the field.

@Lum Berry
252 Attack, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
Ability: Multiscale
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Extreme Speed

Dragonite is overall just an amazing poke. This thing deals a ton of damage even after +1 DD. I've found outrage to be the perfect answer to opposing rain teams, cleaning KOing politoed after +1. Lum berry is used to allow to set up at least one DD not having to worry about burn to toxic breaking my multiscale or damage output.

your team seems to be considerably weak to special dragons. you really have nothing that can take a draco meteor. The only way you can take hits from special dragons from looking at the team is to get up light screen immediately with espeon. I'm not good at giving advice on replacing pokes but what about replacing espeon with cresselia. Cresselia has the same typing as espeon while at the same time has much more bulk. You would lose the magic bounce ability but hazards aren't really an issue since you have Donphan to get rid of them

Try running Confuse Ray to annoy opposing leads or Toxic to wear them down in place of substitute which doesn't really make sense on a Ninetales. These moves allow Ninetales to play it's Sun support a bit better. I personally would prefer dual statuses so that if Ninetales were to come back into play it could WoW and Toxic where appropriate.

You might want to try running Thick Fat on Mamoswine to get rid of that Fire weakness that is powered up by the sun and be able to better switch into ice moves before promptly retaliating.

As a personal preference on Weather teams I like to have a back up weather guy in case someone comes in to screw it up and Ninetales isn't there anymore. That being said it is a personal preference and does take up a valuable moveslot.

I would try running a
@ Black Sludge
4 HP, 252 Sp. A, 252 Speed
Modest Nature
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
HP Fire
Growth/Sludge Bomb

Solar Beam over Energy Ball for the higher BP move. Black Sludge gives you that little extra health that might come into use when setting up Sunny Day. Growth if you think that grass/fire should give you enough coverage for neutral damage and need that extra boosting (You miss out on Dragons and Fire Types). Sludge Bomb gives you perfect neutral coverage with Solar Beam and HP Fire. Either way Heatran can wall you so beware.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey FeedMeJake,

This is an interesting Sun-based team, but it looks very weak to other weathers, especially Sandstorm, as your team has a lot of difficulty to impose your own weather. To help with this issue, you may want to replace Espeon with Dugtrio, as you don't really need Espeon (as you already have a spinner) and your team doesn't benefit much of Dual Screens. Here's the set:

Dugtrio@Focus Sash | Arena Trap
Jolly Nature | 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock / Reversal / Stone Edge / Earthquake

Another issue your team has is it's inability to take Dragon-type attacks, as you have 0 pokemon that resist Dragon-type moves, which means that pokemon such as Choice Band Dragonite can spam their STAB attacks without fear. To fix this, you could just replace Donphan with Forretress. Forretress it's still a solid defensive pokemon that can Rapid Spin while checking some threats and being able to set up Spikes that help your other pokemon to sweep.

Forretress@Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed Nature | 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Spikes / Rapid Spin / Gyro Ball / Volt Switch

@lifeorb
4 Att, 252 Sp. A, 252 Speed
Rash Nature
Growth
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Ice
Earthquake

The mixed venusaur is a major pain to face, since Hydreigon loves your team I think something else that can hit it hard would help. Venusaurs moveset gives it limited counters and if it gets a growth in is almost unstopable in the sun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)