Sun Discussion Thread

Anyone else try using Rapidash on a sun team? I've been trying one out on my new RU sun team and it's surprisingly decent. Rapidash isn't a great pokemon by any means but it's literally the only option for a fully evolved Flash Fire pokemon aside from Flareon and Heatmor, both of which are awful. Rapidash's fire immunity really comes in handy when smartasses send out scarf typhlosion to try to take advantage of the sun after Sableye sets it up. I've been using a pretty basic set:

Rapidash (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Megahorn
- Morning Sun
Flare Blitz is for obvious STAB, especially with flash fire boost + sun, wild charge is for some frailer water types and Moltres, and Megahorn is really only for Slowking and maybe the occasional weakened Claydol if Sun isn't up / I don't want to take too much recoil. Morning Sun is complete filler, you can run Will-O-Wisp/Hypnosis/maybe even go mixed with HP grass if you want to.

Leafeon resists Ground & Water plus has an great base Attack (110), Defense (130) and Speed (95).

Leafeon @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Adamant (+Att -SpAtt)
Chlorophyll
252 Att / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Synthesis/Return/Toxic/Last Resort/Quick Attack

This set is pretty Self-explainitory. Chlorophyll with 252 Speed EV gets you up to a whopping 578 Speed, outspeeding everything under the sun (Pun Intended). Plus, Swords Dance with Adamant 252 Attack Evs gets you to 700 Attack. Plus, With reliable Synthesis Recovery, a sweep is very possible. The only thing stopping Leafeon from becoming the "Excadrill of the Sun" is its terrible Offensive movepool outside of Leaf Blade and X-Scissor. Return could go to the last spot, as could the stronger but gimmicky Last Resort. Getting off a fast Toxic before you Die or on a switch could be a great thing, while Quick Attack could revenge kill.

Grass/Normal offers much, much better coverage than Grass/Bug, so if anything I would run Leaf Blade+Return, and even then Leafeon does face quite stiff competition from the likes of Sawsbuck, who has the same base speed, Normal stab and better coverage options. Leafeon does have the merits of better bulk though, especially on the physical side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)