Sun Extravaganza

My Sun team my not be the best one OU, but this is my favorite one so I have decided to share it with all the people of Smogon :D

Kurama (Ninetales) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day
- SolarBeam/Hypnosis

For Ninetails I gave it it HP EVs so it can take one hit from almost anything, get off a Will-O-Wisp of on a Garchomp, or those other pesky dragon pokemon. Ninetails has other uses besides setting up sun, like deal major damage to water types such as Starmie, and Gastrodon with a SolarBeam. Just because it doesn't have much Special Attack investment doesn't mean it can't pack a punch.

BARRELS! (Dugtrio) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 144 HP / 140 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Dugtrio may not have the best defenses on earth, in fact you might as well poke it and it will not take that well, BUT my Dugtrio is different. I gave it 88 HP EVs so it can take priority moves like Extreme Speed from Dragonite, and Ice Shard from Donphan. It also has great speed and great attack so it makes a great revenge killer. Choice Band is not common on Dugtrio, but I carry it on mine. It makes for a great surprise on opponents and can kick some ass.

FireFly (Volcarona) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 216 HP / 132 Def / 160 Spd
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
Volcarona is a great Pokemon, admit it. It can take hits, quiver dance and kick a lot of ass, but in the sun this bug is deadly. Get up a Substitute is the name of the game. Once you do that and keep your Sub up... QUIVER DANCE AWAY! Once you do use Fiery Dance everything! If you get lucky you get get a Special Attack boost and deal even more damage. It also has Bug Buzz which also does a lot of damage to other Pokemon. If a Volcarona sets up on your face, forfeit, and NEVER EVER mess with it.

Roll-Out (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Now, you may be wondering why not put 252 defense EVs on it... This is simply because if I put 252 defense EVs on it won't take Special Attacks very well, so I decided to put it in HP so it can take both Special, and Physical attacks well. The rest is self explanatory, set up Rocks, Rapid Spin hazards so Volcarona can do its job. It also has a high attack stat so you might as well take advantage of it and K.O. Dragon types with Ice Shard and Earthquake.

Bulby (Venusaur) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Growth
If I lose Volcarona this is my man to depend on. Venusaur is dangerous, especially with its Chlorophyll ability, and high Special Attack. If you get up a Growth you might as well take your victory now. It can deal with Cloyster no problem, it and with out a problem takes out Ferrothorn with Hidden Power Fire. Without Venusaur I would have no idea what to do...

Clone (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Last but not least is Porygon 2... I use this fine creature because it is a wall, not only a wall, but a pure TROLL. It probably has the blood of a Troll with Thunder Wave and that Special Defense stat of his. Also with Eviolite it can take any hit. Set up a Thunder Wave, then Recover, that's what I like to do anyway. It is a great member of my team, and worth the slot.

Thank you for viewing my team, please tell me your opinions :)
Also please note this is my first "Rate My Team" so hopefully my next ones can be much better.

Team looks pretty good! I feel like your goal is to set up volca/ venesaur?

Butttttttt... I think your biggest issue (and it's a prevalent one) is rain. I would replace donphan with tent if you want a spinner, or with jellicent. You have many water weaknesses, with venasaur being your only thing stopping a keldeo sweep. Most rain teams will wash you away if they win the weather war.

Random thoughts:

No CB dug, id go sash with rocks if you are replacing donphan

Also sand can be an issue.

Sometimes it is useful to stick a stray sunny day in one moveslot. If p2 can learn it go discharge ice beam sunny day recover. (only space i see)

Otherwise good team!

Sorry if response is scattered... stream of consciousness

I do have a problem with other weather teams, but with Sand teams I usually lead with Dugtrio so I can 2 hit KO T-Tar :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)