SPOILERS! Sun & Moon In-Game Discovery Thread

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Uhhhh, for some reason my kadabra didn't learn Confusion when it evolved? Like it learned Kineasis but completely skipped out on confusion? This is a huge bummer.
elcheeso was having this issue too... But the moveset lists it as learning Confusion at Lv 16?

elcheeso was having this issue too... But the moveset lists it as learning Confusion at Lv 16?
I can only assume this was an oversight with "Level 0" moves that you learn only when you evolve. It seems that there's a bug where if you would learn an attack at that level, you outright don't learn the attack and just get the Level 0 move.

I can only assume this was an oversight with "Level 0" moves that you learn only when you evolve. It seems that there's a bug where if you would learn an attack at that level, you outright don't learn the attack and just get the Level 0 move.
Wow. That is an egregious bug. How soon do you get to the move reminder?

There's something definitely going on with level 0 moves, but I'm not entirely sure that explains all of it. Supposedly level 11 is when Butterfree learns Confusion now (used to be 10), but when mine evolved it learnt Gust, which is meant to be a level 0 move. Shit's weird. My suspicion is that this bug affects mons with less than 4 moves, and that regardless of whether they would learn an attack at that level, they'll try to learn the first level 0 move they have when they evolve. This would explain Butterfree and Kadabra, and also why my Trumbeak never learnt Rock Blast.

Moon version changes local day time for in game night time. So im kinda confuse with that. For example, a dusk ball would work better at 2 pm "real" time (2am in game) or 2 am, like all the other games?

I caught a Tapu Koko with a Dusk ball at 10 pm "real time" (10 am in game) after like 10 ultra ball, so... That makes me think that the time swap in game is just for the day or night effect.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A few things to note for when Mike gets to them:

In-Game Trade: Route 5 Pokémon Centre, trade a Lillipup and get a Bounsweet.
Water Stone: Route 8, in the water in the far west of the route.
Moss Rock: Lush Jungle in the eastern room of the area.
Fire Stone: Diglett Tunnel, head west from the entrance, the item is behind rocks removable by Tauros.
In-Game Trade: Konikoni Pokémon Centre, trade a Zubat and get a Poliwhirl.
Fire/Water/Thunder/Leaf Stone Shop: Konikoni City, Olivia's Jewellery Shop, 1,000 Poké each.
Pikanium Z: Konikoni City, talk to girl with three Pikachu at the cape. She will also teach a Pikachu Volt Tackle. An Eviolite rests next to her.

Also some knowledge I can impart for the the fourth Totem Fight (in terms of movesets and strategies) which I managed to wipe to before winning second attempt in spoilers:
Lush Jungle Totem Fight

Lurantis (Totem, +1 Speed) @ Power Herb [Lv24]: Solar Blade / Razor Leaf / X-Scissor / Synthesis
Trumbeak (Spawn) [Lv22]: Supersonic / Screech / Rock Blast / Pluck
Castform (Spawn) [Lv22]: Sunny Day / Headbutt / Weather Ball / No idea

I'm not 100% sure the levels are right.

This fight can be really tough to win. Razor Leaf and X-Scissor can hurt while Solar Blade hits like a truck (and the charge-up turn can be mitigated by Power Herb and Sun). Synthesis can be very annoying. The worst part are the spawns. Trumbeak can confuse spam and lower your defence to take more damage from Lurantis, and it gets Rock Blast which can be very lethal considering most of your options that hit Lurantis super effectively are weak to Rock. Castform can be even worse because its bulkier than Trumbeak, can call forth the sun to make Lurantis' Solar Blade one turn, and Weather Ball under Sun deals huge damage to neutral targets. Take into account the AI which seems to be very smart, and you have a tough fight on your hands.

Don't be afraid to use X-Items if you are not overleveled. The strategy I used to win this fight was to lead with Alolan Grimer who would Acid Spray Lurantis until it died before sending out Oricorio, where I would use one X. Sp. Attack before taking out Lurantis with Air Cutter and then picking off its lackey which was Trumbeak. Oricorio couldn't finish the job because it got confused / Rock Blasted to death but my starter was there to pick up the pieces.

EDIT: Added Fire Stone.

DOUBLE EDIT: Found the Stone Shop.

TRIPLE EDIT: Pikachu Z Moves yay~

Last edited:
So a crawbrawler (male , lvl 8) jumped out at me when I was picking up the berries under the tree on route 2(the tree near the pokecenter)
This is sun version,morning irl

Does anyone know how or where to unlock Pokepelago? I assumed it would be at the PC but there doesn't seem to be an option for it there.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Does anyone know how or where to unlock Pokepelago? I assumed it would be at the PC but there doesn't seem to be an option for it there.
It unlocks on the bottom screen menu once you pass the third trial (get Charizard).

Anyone know how long it takes for berry trees to respawn? Also, it feels like Crabrawler just do not want to spawn.

Anyone know how long it takes for berry trees to respawn? Also, it feels like Crabrawler just do not want to spawn.
Check any berry tree you can find, because Crabrawler is literally all that ever spawns. Can't you reset before examining one for the first time?

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You can find Bonsly on Route 5, the area with the ledges, just south of Lush Jungle. I found one at Level 18.
I found a Barboach by fishing in Paniola Town, when the fishing spot was rippling.

so I've been hatching eggs to get a synchronize Jolly Abra. The parents are :
Male Jolly spinda w/ everstone
Female abra with Inner Focus
I've hatched 20 eggs so far, all of them with Inner Focus. I'm either very unlucky, or the hatching mechanic changed to guarantee ability passing from the mother.

Why does nobody document which Megastone exist in game or not? I saw three different users asking this question in this thread alone(including me four)

Which are "legal" so to speak

Why does nobody document which Megastone exist in game or not? I saw three different users asking this question in this thread alone(including me four)

Which are "legal" so to speak
so far, here's what's found : gengar, scizor, pinsir, aerodactyl, lucario, kanga, gyarados, absol, alakazam, garchomp, sableye, metagross, sharpedo, slowbro, glalie, salamence

it's simple : is the pokemon in the aloladex? if not, no stone in the battle tree shop. It might be elsewhere, given that you can get red/blue orb and soul dew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)