1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules. Feel also free to check out our hub to learn more about this place!
  2. The moderators of this forum are Bummer, RitterCat, and Tikitik.
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project: Dawn of a New Day

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Laptop' started by Layell, Jul 22, 2016.

1. SelenaArmorclaw

SelenaArmorclaw

MS Paint? My man, you are a lord if you can sprite with that.
    leparagon and WelshWhale28 like this.
  2. WelshWhale28

WelshWhale28

Is MS Paint really that hard to use?
  3. leparagon

leparagon supertasks with sprites
    is an Artist

SelenaArmorclaw , WelshWhale28 yeah lotsa people hate spriting with paint but that's the main thing i use for a lot of things tbh. i know how to sprite on other programs, too, but im used to ms paint the most. i got so used to it that i can sprite a pokemon in 15-30 minutes. other types of sprites take a bit longer but most things i sprite dont take longer than an hour on mspaint. im not as fast on other programs cuz i dont practice with them enough
    nv, Mova, The Cynical Poet and 2 others like this.
  4. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hey folks some musings for you:

I've been rather busy with life at the moment, and I'll be honest my priority with Smogon/sprites has been very low on the totem pole. I'm not attempting to be some megalomaniac holding power forever, but I am also hesitant to step down without others who have been willing to help with uploading stuff to PS.

I will work on updating the sprites by the end of the month. After that I will try to push uploads every month or so. If anyone has any interest in assisting me with this please shoot me a PM. I've learned after a bit of time that the willingness to do the dirty work is a talent unto itself.
    Austin, Mq, sam-testings and 5 others like this.
  5. princessofmusic

princessofmusic soprano
    is an Artistis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Solgaleo shiny and minor QC on Alolan Marowak

solgaleo.png alolan_marowak.png

also minor update to Magearna here
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  6. MicManGuy

MicManGuy

For some reason, the current Magearna sprite is really really dark. I changed its colors to be more appropriate to how it appears in game. I've never made a sprite before, so it probably needs touching up.

801.png
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    WelshWhale28 likes this.
  7. leparagon

is an Artist

imo the colors you chose are too light, which makes the outlines look too dark at the same time
  8. Reviloja753

Reviloja753

I tried PMing Layell , but not dice. I am not a good artist, but I really want to help this out. What can I do?
    WelshWhale28 likes this.
  9. leparagon

is an Artist

aXl guess you're gonna have to sprite ultra solgaleo and lunala
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Mq, aXl, The Cynical Poet and 2 others like this.
  10. Ilima

Ilima

Yo. I don't know if you're done yet, but maybe I could help. Tell me if ya need me.
  11. leparagon

is an Artist

nice! but hey, you have to send an application to layell first :) good luck
  12. Column

Column

Hey guys. Quick question. After playing gen 6 and 7, I want to go back and play a romhack of gen 5. But I want to use some of the current Pokemon. I can use the sprites in the thread to swap out with some.lesser used Pokemon to 'add' them to a gen 5 rom, right? I'm totally inexperienced with this kind of stuff but I assume it can be done. Sorry if this is too off topic. This is the thread Google directed me to, so here I am?
  13. Anonymous Hominus

Anonymous Hominus

Hey I noticed that in the spreadsheet the numbers are messed starting at komala, not a big problem but thought I should point it out.
  14. Terrapin

Terrapin

*Front Page*
    "If you would like to use these sprites in your project
    You are free to use this in any project that is not a for-profit product. You must make a credit page and link back to this thread. If you are only using a few sprites we appreciate you crediting the individual spriters. Please do not redistribute these sprites as it gives the false impression you created all of them. These sprites are not open source, because we do not have the rights to the characters depicted. Please respect these rules and enjoy the sprites."

As long as you give credit and link back to this project, the sprites here are free to use. <- Not a spriter.

Link - http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sun-moon-sprite-project-dawn-of-a-new-day.3577711

Same rules should apply for the 6th gen sprites in the XY thread.
  15. Column

Column

Sorry, I guess I didn't use proper grammar. I didn't mean can I use them like asking for permission, I meant it like is it possible to use these sprites and add them to a romhack.
  16. leparagon

is an Artist

don't romhacks use gen 3 sized sprites (64x64)? we make gen 5 sized sprites here (96x96). pokemon community has a project where they make sprites for romhacks, lots of them use the sprites i made for hacks actually. those might be what youre looking for
  17. Toonwriter

Toonwriter

With the use of GIMP, I made up Shiny Alolan Vulpix. I hope you guys like this.
    [​IMG]
    leparagon and Terrapin like this.
  18. princessofmusic

princessofmusic soprano
    is an Artistis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

oricorio_baile.png oricorio_pom-pom.png
    oricorio_pa'u.png oricorio_sensu.png

Resized Oricorio Baile and made some small adjustments on the others. I started on these way back in January or so before I vanished off the face of the Internet for personal reasons. It seems like aXl, leparagon, Wobblebuns, and I each sprited the Oricorio that represents our personality best!
    HeaLnDeaL, Mq, Ridaz and 9 others like this.
  19. Toonwriter

Toonwriter

Thanks to the upcoming Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I think this project needs Lycanroc Dusk Form and the new forms of Solgaleo and Lunala!
    Reviloja753 likes this.
  20. leparagon

is an Artist

ill take care of the lycanroc since I did the midday form before. i made a midnight one as well but for DA

I made the front already before but I forgot to upload it here xD it's on my DA but no back yet. ill work on it tomorrow

axl's supposed to be workin on the solga luna sprites but he seems really busy, so it's understandable. I made my own versions on DA as well. they could be either placeholders or reference (doubt axl will need it lmao)
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    aXl likes this.
  21. kaptainkittyboi

kaptainkittyboi

i know i came a bit late, but could i still help? i could take lycanrock dusk form and ultra solgaleo and ultra lunala
  22. Terrapin

Terrapin

Hello kaptainkittyboi, welcome to the forum.
    There should be an edit but under your post so there's no need for double posting.

To my knowledge Leparagon has called dibs on Dusk Lycanroc. He has also created the fronts for U-Solgaleo and U-Lunala, but I don't know if he is wanting to continue it since he mentioned something about aXl.

Otherwise I hope you get accepted into the project as things have been a bit slow for a while.
  23. Kimby

Kimby

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I noticed there are very few sprites of Kartana and Pheromosa, so I made these so I can try and finish my Pokemon Flashcards. (Updating for Gen 7.)
    You guys are free to use these as you like, to alter them as you like. If they need any improvements, feel free to let me know, or you can alter them yourself.
  24. kaptainkittyboi

kaptainkittyboi

can i do UB assembly and Burst, they are the new pokemon in ultra sun and moon and i'll take both if that's okay! but i am new to these forums so i will let someone okay that first!
    :toast:
  25. leparagon

is an Artist

actually I was thinking of working on them once there's better references but I think I can work on them as soon as tomorrow

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

1. The Cynical Poet