1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules. Feel also free to check out our hub to learn more about this place!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project: Dawn of a New Day

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Laptop' started by Layell, Jul 22, 2016.

1. SelenaArmorclaw

SelenaArmorclaw

MS Paint? My man, you are a lord if you can sprite with that.
    leparagon and WelshWhale28 like this.
  2. WelshWhale28

WelshWhale28

Is MS Paint really that hard to use?
  3. leparagon

leparagon supertasks with sprites
    is an Artist

SelenaArmorclaw , WelshWhale28 yeah lotsa people hate spriting with paint but that's the main thing i use for a lot of things tbh. i know how to sprite on other programs, too, but im used to ms paint the most. i got so used to it that i can sprite a pokemon in 15-30 minutes. other types of sprites take a bit longer but most things i sprite dont take longer than an hour on mspaint. im not as fast on other programs cuz i dont practice with them enough
  4. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

Hey folks some musings for you:

I've been rather busy with life at the moment, and I'll be honest my priority with Smogon/sprites has been very low on the totem pole. I'm not attempting to be some megalomaniac holding power forever, but I am also hesitant to step down without others who have been willing to help with uploading stuff to PS.

I will work on updating the sprites by the end of the month. After that I will try to push uploads every month or so. If anyone has any interest in assisting me with this please shoot me a PM. I've learned after a bit of time that the willingness to do the dirty work is a talent unto itself.
    Sam-testings, nv, leparagon and 3 others like this.
  5. princessofmusic

princessofmusic soprano
    is an Artistis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Solgaleo shiny and minor QC on Alolan Marowak

solgaleo.png alolan_marowak.png

also minor update to Magearna here
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  6. MicManGuy

MicManGuy

For some reason, the current Magearna sprite is really really dark. I changed its colors to be more appropriate to how it appears in game. I've never made a sprite before, so it probably needs touching up.

801.png
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    WelshWhale28 likes this.
  7. leparagon

leparagon supertasks with sprites
    is an Artist

imo the colors you chose are too light, which makes the outlines look too dark at the same time
  8. Reviloja753

Reviloja753

I tried PMing Layell , but not dice. I am not a good artist, but I really want to help this out. What can I do?
    WelshWhale28 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)