1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules. Feel also free to check out our hub to learn more about this place!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project: Dawn of a New Day

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Laptop' started by Layell, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Kyleo

Kyleo formerly viperdk1

Just to assist on this, the newest Japanese trailer shows the backs for Sandygast and Palossand (plus Type:Null and a lot of others)
  2. Mova

Mova

Apparently, UB-01 is not considered a Pokémon in-universe, and therefore is not playable. I'm not sure if we even need it for Showdown.
    Mq, princessofmusic and leparagon like this.
  3. leparagon

leparagon supertasks with sprites
    is an Artist

calling dibs on type null (so odd yet epic) and Alolan Raticate :P

if i finish fixing Turtonator and doing Zygarde form backsprites, i wanna work on the yellow heart dragon too xD
    Mq and Mova like this.
  4. Wobblebuns

Wobblebuns
    is an Artist Alumnus

Dang it.

Then, I'll reserve Jangmo-o, for now. ;w;

Oops, nevermind lol.
    Mq, princessofmusic and Mova like this.
  5. princessofmusic

princessofmusic soprano
    is an Artistis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

So... after viewing and being horrified by both the new English and Japanese trailers, here are my predictions:
    1. The plot involves some sort of alternate dimension and/or humans-fusing-with-Pokémon mechanic never before seen in the series
    2. Some of the antagonists and supporting characters are blood relatives somehow
    3. The Poké Finder is the closest thing we'll ever get to a Pokémon Snap sequel
    Also, Type: Null and UB-01 are the very definition of horror... "something that shouldn't be, but is."

Thanks, viper. I'll edit Sandygast's back later, then.

Alongside the new trailers, there's this screenshot of what looks like a humanoid Cutiefly evolution. In case it gets confirmed, I'd like to reserve it.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    leparagon and FellFromtheSky like this.
  6. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

Wobblebuns shall be reserved Jangmo-o

leparagon gets Type Null on reserve, and then emo rat can be taken after : )

I would appreciate if we reserve one at a time, but telling others what you want to do is also nice!

Thanks for the back references Japanese Pokemon editors!
    Mq, leparagon, Kyleo and 1 other person like this.
  7. aXl

aXl they love your throat and (quote, unquote) you
    is an Artist

Oh yeah that reminds me I should probably put in a request for my next pokemon before I forget what with Aslash probably wrapping up soon so...

vikavolt? I think that one's still available right? sure, that one.
    princessofmusic likes this.
  8. leparagon

is an Artist

Type: Null front sprite first. i swear it was actually easier to sprite Perfect Zygarde. and the color count of Type: Null is unfathomably painful. couldn't afford any shades for the green front legs and had to use black for the outline of the main body T^T really gonna need feedback on this xD type null.png backsprite coming soon

also i made Alolan Raticate this morning when my professor couldn't make it to class xD alolan raticate.png backsprite coming soon too

tbh i sprited Jangmo-o, both front and back xD but exactly the time i finished it, i saw Wobble's message about reserving it. good luck to Wobblebuns though :D

EDIT: done with Null's backsprite. also made a quick edit to the front sprite cuz i accidentally had one unnecessary color. removed it and used that color slot for the green on its helmet type null.png
    EDIT (again): done with A. Raticate alolan raitcate.png

oh and Layell i forgot to mention that i made Crabrawler xD but i noticed that you put it on the list already xD thanks for that xD
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  9. HeaLnDeaL

HeaLnDeaL Reluntantly Having Fun
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributor

[​IMG]
    So I've been frustrated with this sprite for a while and I'm not liking how it's coming along. If I can't get it to something I like within a week or so, I'll probably drop it :/
    Mq and FellFromtheSky like this.
  10. leparagon

is an Artist

here you go zygarde 10.png

also Wobblebuns since there's a new trailer with the back view of Solgaleo in full range of motion, I think it'd be great if you used that as reference if you plan on tweaking your backsprite :D

p.s: noticed some stuff I need to fix on 10%'s backsprite. but i'm out for the night so will update tomorrow :D
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Mq, Mova, FellFromtheSky and 5 others like this.
  11. Pikafan2000

Pikafan2000

Perhaps I could help.
    I actually reworked the shape of the front sprite a little & added in some elements from the Mudsdale sprite leparagon made:
    Mudsdale.png
    It isn't a lot but I thought it would be of benefit.
    The Cynical Poet likes this.
  12. leparagon

is an Artist

Pikafan2000 's edit seemed like a step in the right direction! i thought i might add mine here so you could maybe use it as reference too aside from the official art, since our sprites have more similar poses as compared to the official art: mudsdale.png notice how the face is slightly slimmer and how the eyes are more rounded out. the mane of my sprite didn't focus too much on the "poofiness" of Mudsdale's hair so don't mind that part; i think it's better that you slightly defined the mane, although i do think it could be rounded out better :)

dibs on Rockruff's evolution day form xD already made a front sprite
    interested in doing night but not calling it yet in case someone wants to sprite that :)
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  13. aXl

is an Artist

Would like to state that I am willing and eager to do a Lugarugan form. Both are equally appealing, so I'll take whichever one the next person doesn't reserve, Kanto-Fossil-Maniac-style.
    Mq and leparagon like this.
  14. leparagon

is an Artist

yo dude you cool with working on the night form? xD i already reserved the midday form (check my previous post xD)
    Mq likes this.
  15. princessofmusic

princessofmusic soprano
    is an Artistis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Edited Sandygast again, finally. The missing pebble is now present, and hopefully, the silhouettes of the front and back aren't so eerily similar.

leparagon The new garde dog front is great, but I agree that the back could use a bit of work. Likewise, Type: Null looks awesome, and imo it isn't immediately obvious that you're running up against the colour limit (if the shiny makes it any worse, though, we might have another Xerneas situation to deal with). The back sprite seems rather odd, though. I feel that the "butt" is too high and should drop down slightly, while the tail is connected at a strange angle.

Since all I have reserved is Oricorio, I'm contemplating doing QC on Stufful and Bewear in lieu of leparagon, as he has a load of other things on his plate. Now that the XY Sprite Project is finished (or rather, I'm finished with the XY Sprite Project huehue), I might just take a break from spriting for the time being.
    leparagon likes this.
  16. leparagon

is an Artist

thanks pom! qc is highly appreciated. and yeah I forgot to mention that I wanted to fix Null's back a bit too. the tail height tipped me off then I realized how high its ass was xD
    princessofmusic likes this.
  17. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

I'm going to keep HnD's final Mudsdale sprite, I appreciate all the posts commenting on it. I'll see about addressing any changes at the launch of Sun/Moon.

Pikafan2000 please see the first post and consider sending me a spriter application : )
  18. aXl

is an Artist

That's cool with me, I'm literally just going to evolve mine based on random chance in the game as I think they're both great designs.
    leparagon likes this.
  19. Pikafan2000

Pikafan2000

I'll be sure to remember that for next time I post something on here, sorry.
  20. leparagon

is an Artist

Layell are you still looking to have the Ultra Beasts sprited? i don't think we can play them in S/M but i noticed you put them on the list

in case you are, i wanna call dibs on Absorption :P
  21. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    Sprite Leader

It seems they are not playable, I've added them there just in case, but at the moment will not include them in the project.
    leparagon likes this.
  22. leparagon

is an Artist

Complete zygarde backsprite: complete zygarde back sprite.png

edit: removed a stray color i didn't notice. also fixed the backsprite's tail a little bit. tagging Layell since the link on the sheets leads to the old sprite
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Typhlito, FellFromtheSky, Mq and 4 others like this.
  23. aXl

is an Artist

jams
    Alolan Sandslash da.png
    Looking for some thoughts on this before moving onto N.Lugarugan. Also, realized the A-Slash's backspikes were arranged in a 4-4-4 pattern rather than the 3-5-5 pattern I thought they were, so changes have been made to reflect that.
  24. HeaLnDeaL

HeaLnDeaL Reluntantly Having Fun
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributor

[​IMG]
    Still far from perfect, but better than my last version I think. Main changes are to the mane, but other areas got pixel pushed too. I also kinda just want to say that lep's version has an incorrect head shape, as Mudsdale has a rounded "Roman" nose/snout, whereas lep gave it a very defined dip that just doesn't exist.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  25. Wobblebuns

Wobblebuns
    is an Artist Alumnus

My version of Jangmo-o :>
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I know the vid you're talking about! Ugh, should've bookmarked that or something...I can't seem to find it now @_@ Can you link the video please?

EDIT: I would also like to reserve Grubbin, heheh.

EDIT 2: Nvm leparagon, I found it!
    Show Hide
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)