Flamethrower
Solar Beam
Nasty Plot
Hypnosis

Nature: Timid
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Ev's: 252 speed, 252 special attack, 4 special defense

Main point of this guy is to set up the sun and keep it going, he is also good for putting opponents to sleep and then setting up with nasty plot, turning him into a deadly sweeper. And I put in Solar Beam for coverage, great for taking out water pokemon such as Quagsire and Swampert who switch in thinking they can easily tank any of Ninetail's attacks. Its speed is its main advantage over many opponents, its special attack is nothing special, but helped a lot in the sun and with nasty plot.

Charizard

Moves:
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Solar Beam
Air Slash

Nature: Hasty
Item: Heat Rock
Ability: Blaze
Ev's: 252 speed, 252 special attack

Mainly as a back up sweeper/supporter, he's fast and can bring the sun back if the weather changes helped out with the heat rock, expanding the sun to 8 turns and sunny day + Fire Blast will put a dent in just about anyone, and if its HP gets low, its Blaze ability kicks in making it even more powerful, again Solar Beam is used for coverage, which works great in the sun.

Salamence

Moves:
Outrage
Draco Meteor
Brick Break
Fire Blast

Nature: Mild
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Ev's: 124 attack, 132 special attack, 252 speed

A great mixed attacker, or as smogon calls, the classic "mixedmence". Can hit very hard with powerful stab attacks Outrage and Draco Meteor, boosted by the life orb. It fools many people who send out a defensive pokemon expecting salamence to be a physical fighter, only to be one hit KOed by Draco meteor, killed many Gliscors this way. Fire Blast is used for coverage and is even better in the sun, brick break is great for killing Tyranitars who bring in a sand storm.

Blaziken

Moves:
Blaze Kick
Hi jump Kick
Hone Claws
Stone Edge

Nature: Adamant
Item: Focus sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 speed

Great for setting up, he's the main sweeper on my team, can fearlessly open with hone claws to set up, protected by the focus sash, and then get a speed boost, and then he's ready to tear through my oppent's entire team with all his moves now at 100% accuaracy. The sun also boosts its blaze kick attack even more. Stone Edge is used for stopping other fire types who also get boosts from the sun.

Tangrowth

Moves:
Solar Beam
Ancient Power
Sleep Powder
Growth

Nature: Bold
Item: Wide lens
Ability: Chlorophyll
Ev's: 252 Defense, 252 speed, 4 HP

Another great sweeper on a sun team, main idea is to open with sleep powder and then set up with growth which powers up double in the sun, then hit 'em with a solar beam which wont have to charge, not to metion his speed is already doubled in the sun putting it around 195 at lv. 50. He covers the rock/ground weakness of my fire types well. Like salamence, I've made many combacks with this guy, his special attack isnt as great as it could be, but even after one growth in the sun, he's in position to one hit KO many pokemon with solarbeam. He abuses the sun more than anyone else on my team, but also is hurt the most if the weather changes.

Claydol

Moves:
Stealth Rock
Reflect
Light Screen
Rapid Spin

Nature: Bold
Item: Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Ev's: 252 special defense, 252, defense, 4 speed

Every sun team needs a rapid spinner to get rid of stealth rocks, which will absolutely decimate charizard and hurt ninetails, blaziken and salmence to a lesser degree, I originally had an Earthquake/Stone Edge combo on him, making him more offensive, but then I decided he'd be better as a supporter, so I gave him reflect and light screen with light clay to make them last longer. He can also take a few hits too since his defenses are decent, making him a good pokemon to switch to and get rid of the rocks, he can also add them too, to make KOing opponents easier.

you should replace charizard's charcoal with maybe a heat rock since charcoal boosts so little, you shouldn't use it.

Yeah I thought about that, but I figured every small boost helps. I suppose that would be a good option if ninetails dies.

Why not go for the Solar Power on Charizard over Blaze? It works a bit better than having to get down to a 1/3 your HP so that things don't get too dicey.

fly on mence? what do think ur doing, wasting a good slot for a shitty move like that. blaziken's banned, so no. there's so much wrong with ur team, im only gonna say a bit of it; do u know where the analysises r? try looking there, then using some of those good sets ok? if u use tangrowth as a wall, use regenerator

I wasn't planning on entering any smogon tournaments, I mainly just battle with friends competitively, so i'll stick with blaziken, but if i ever do I'll consider adding infernape. I agree that i should change salamence's move set, I hardly ever use its fly attack anyways, I was thinking fire fang would also be a good move to teach him, since he's a physical fighter and its in the sun. As for tangrowth, you'd be surprised how hard he can hit even with no special attack EV's, he's KOed a lot of opponents after one growth with solar beam. and yeah I'll try to make the descriptions better too. thanks for your input.

In the process of getting one right now, I have one with naughty nature, and i think i'll give it dragon claw, draco meteor, fire blast, and brickbreak/earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)