Sun team!

How good is the team?:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would really appreciate it if someone rated my team and told some suggestions. Thanx!

Mozilla (Ninetales) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Disable
- Protect

Every sun team should have ninetales. That part is pretty obvious. This ninetales was made to work in conjunction with whimsicott, a encore+disable combo, which renders the opponent's pokemon useless. Heat wave is just a useful move that hits both of the opponents pokemon. HP Ice is for coverage against dragons. Protect is to protect ninetales from attacks while its teammate deals with threats.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Venusaur. I would say one of the best sun abusers, possibly the best. It can put the opponent to sleep, which an extremely useful move. Giga drain is to heal off life orb damage and is a useful stab. HP Fire is for coverage, and sludge bomb is another powerful stab.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 4 SAtk / 180 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Leech Seed
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Fake Out

I know some of you might think it is wierd that I have a ludicolo on my team, but I think it is an efficient counter to rain teams, and to a certain extent, sand teams. It also works well out side of other weather because it supports my team with moves like leech seed and fake out. I taught it Giga drain to get rid of politoed and tyranitar, and hydro pump to abuse rain with or to kill tyranitar with.

Hydreigon @ White Herb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Protect

I honestly don't use Hydreigon much, but it is pretty useful when I do need it. It checks some of the threats my team has, such as heatran and chandy. Its stab dracometeor also puts a dent in my opponents, usually KO'ing pokemon that don't resist it.

Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SDef
- Encore
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Sunny Day

Whimsicott. The best prankster who ever lived. Whimsicott really messes with my opponents, especially support pokemon. And whenever Ninetales is out on the field with it, it completely shuts down the opponent with encore+disable. Tailwind is to help my teammates out speed the opponents. Sunny day is to set up sun when ninetales is dead and their is another weathermon on the field. Taunt really limits support pokemon/ other pranksters and really messes with strategies the opponent might have.

Infernape @ Fire Gem
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 116 Atk / 140 SAtk
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Infernape is a great lead, it fakeouts the opponent while my other pokemon takes care of them(usually ninetales or whimsicott). Its stab close combat is very useful for getting rid of tyranitar and other rock/steel/dark types.

Thats it! Thanks for looking at my team.

hey man, sorry that if my rate isn't that long, I'm sick atm. It looks good so far, but you have a few too many Flying weaknesses! Ludi, Venusaur, Infernape and whinsicott are all weak to it!.

I would recommend replacing Whimsicott with either Terrakion or Thundurus. Terrakion is really strong and can patch up your team's weaknesses. However, a bulky Thundurus could be more supportive with Prankster TWave and such.

Lastly, your ludicolo could use a few touch ups too. I would use Dimsun 's(seniors world champ 2012) move set and EVs. It can help set up Sun vs Rain and counter Sand quite nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)