Sunny Day team, looking for improvements

this is my first sunny day team i have created, and i have had moderate success with it, but i am looking for some improvements. the team is:

Ninetails @ Leftovers
Drought
Calm
EVs: 252 Hp / 46 Def / 212 SP.Def
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
Roar
Hidden Power Ice

basic Specs ninetails. Fire Blast is the main attack and solarbeam is used to take out any water pokemon that poses a threat to ninetails. Psyshock is used to hit Blissey and Chancey and HP ice is used to hit gliscor and any dragon pokemon.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Modest
EVs: 252 Spa.Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Energy Ball
Earthquake
Growth
Sleep Powder

Pretty much a standard Chlorophyll Venusaur. Earthquaketo take out heatran and victini who can take venusaurs STAB energy ball all day. growth to boost his special attack and energy ball is his main STAB move and sleep powder is used to put any switch ins asleep.

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Flash Fire
Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Wild Charge
Close Combat

again, another standard set. Close Combat for Blissey and Chansey and Tyranitar. Wild Charge is used for any water pokemon like Gyarados. Extremespeed is the priority move and flare blitz for main STAB.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Relaxed
EVs: 252 Hp/ 132 Def/ 124 Sp.Def
Volt Switch
Spikes
Stealth Rocks
Rapid Spin

I have changed my physical wall Dusclops with Forretress after looking at the posts that i have read. I have of course, put on him the all important spikes and stealth rocks for the entry hazards and rapid spin to get rid of entry hazards. and thanks to Rofellos for suggesting to use volt switch to get him out after he is done setting up.
Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
Wish
Protect
Flamethrower
Heal Bell

Blissey has now replaced Claydol and essentially replaced Togekiss as my cleric. Blissey is there to take the special attacks aimed at most of my team and can always use wish to regain its lost health. Heal bell is for removing statuses that would cripple my team. Flamethrow is its only attack and is used against Ferrothorn who would come in and set up while Blissey is out. Protect is there for scouting and wishing on my team.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Calm
EVs: 252 Hp/ 232 Sp.Def/ 24 Def
Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Thunderwave
Aura Sphere

Togekiss is now more of an attacker with still keeping thunder wave to slow down my opponents. Air slash is the primary STAB move and Aura sphere is there for coverage against Tyranitar and Ferrorthorn and other ground and steel types that would switch into Togekiss. Nasty plost is there to help boost his already great Special attack stat.
this my first sunny day team like i said before and i would appreciate any help to make this team better, whether that means to change some pokemon or the movesets or whatever. your opinions will be much appreciated.

You are extremely weak to both Staraptor and Victini.
To fix this, I suggest testing Arcanine's ability to Flash Fire.
I also suggest making your Venusaur a mixed set, and running Earthquake over HP Fire, because venusaur is hella fast in the sun, and ferro and forry get taken out with ease by the other members of your team.

ok. i was thinking about switching claydol with another rapid spinner, like hitmontop or donphan since they both can do some damage as well as get rid of entry hazards

Uh I don't think ninetaiks should be running psych shock. Maybe try power guard? One of
the fun things with ninetails is with power guard it can really
mess up good strategies for your opponent. For instance say you use power guard on an excadrill. All his famous atk power runs dry and becomes way less
threatening.

I think Charizard is better than Arcanine, with Solar Power and specs, Charizard becomes a major threat in the sun.

Let´s Go:

-Arcanine is better with Flash Fire instead of Intimidate. With both Flash Fire and Sunny Day, Flare Blitz can be very dangerous.

-As Guitar said, Charizard can be better (but arcanine is fisical sweper, and charizard is 4x weak to SR), so, think about it.
I reccomend you the next charizard:

Charizard@Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Solar Power
4 HP. 252 Sp.Atk. 252 Vel
-Overheat
-SolarBeam
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower / Air Slash

Overheat is the Main Stab atack option, and kill everything that doesn´t resist it. Then SolarBeam in order to hit the water pokemon who resist Fire, like Jellicent. Then Focus Blast can defeat Tyranitar (The Sunny Day némesis), in the last slot, Flamethrower is good at the late-game, however, if you dont want to have 2 fire moves, Air Slash can help.

-Change Ninetales Set:
Ninetales isn´t a very dangerous threat (And Charizard do it better)
So you can Try that:
Ninetales@Leftovers
Nature:Calm (-Atk, `+sp.def)
252 HP. 46 Def. 212 Sp.Def
-Flamethrower
-Will-O-Wisp
-Roar/Protect
-Solar Beam / Hidden Power Ice
This is a Bulkier Ninetales, he can resist a lot of special atacks, and WoW help a lot Venusaur and Charizard. Roar can prevent Set Up swepers, but protect allows you to recover a 6% and annoy Choicers. (Like Terrakion) Solar Beam hurts Water, HP Ice hurt Dragons.

-Change dusclops to another F.Wall. I think Gligar / Gliscor are both betters options. (Maybe Tangrowth? With Synthesis, Sleep Powder, Solar Beam/Power Whip and HP Fire / eQ)

Agreed stealth rock is too dangerous and charizards flying type will cripple him as soon as he hits a field full of rocks. Arcanine is faster and doesn't have flying in it's type

I agree that i should keep arcanine over charizard because of stealth rocks, and then because i wouldn't have a physical attacker and get walled by blissey or chansey

I am going to replace Dusknior with another Physical wall but i am having a hard time choosing between Gliscor or Tangrowth. suggestions on which one i should choose and what the moveset would be?

Tangrowth is massive on sun teams. It has the bulk to hold it's own plus you can give it hidden power ice against dragons and opposing grass types. You could also give it hidden power fire to catch steels off guard.

replace claydol with a blissey who has stealth rocks. If you want a physical wall and rapid spin, forretress is amazing. He also gets spikes+ tspikes and his offense is decent. Maybe replace dusclops with forretress.

Side note if you choose forretress he can now use volt switch which is pure gold for a hazard maker. Set up on a bulky water or flying after setting hazards and volt switch out to keep him from be smashed or havin an opposing fire move abusing your sun trying to finish him. I recommend a set like this:

forretress
item: leftovers
nature: relaxed
ev:252 hp/ 124 def/ 132spdf
moves:
voltswitch
spikes
toxic spikes
gyro ball

evs might be a little off but this is just off the top of my head

Side note if you choose forretress he can now use volt switch which is pure gold for a hazard maker. Set up on a bulky water or flying after setting hazards and volt switch out to keep him from be smashed or havin an opposing fire move abusing your sun trying to finish him. I recommend a set like this:

forretress
item: leftovers
nature: relaxed
ev:252 hp/ 124 def/ 132spdf
moves:
voltswitch
spikes
toxic spikes
gyro ball

evs might be a little off but this is just off the top of my head

This is exactly my forretress set, except with more def evs. Today he was my lead and my team peaked 41 on po. This guy is awesome.

thanks for the help with forretress. would switching gyro ball with rapid spin work so i can help arcanine survive longer? or just keep claydol as my rapid spinner?

forretress:
relaxed nature, 252hp / 132def / 124atk
leftovers
-gyro ball
-toxic spikes
-rapid spin
-volt switch

works best for me. hope this helped.

Um, just a small nitpick, why do you have two Rapid Spinners?
Sorry, i haven't done that yet. I'll fix it now. I am looking for a replacement for claydol since i now have forretress on my team. gonna replace him with blissey most likely, but then i would have to find a new teamate to replace togekiss since i was using him as my cleric to pass on wish and remove statuses with heal bell. Or I could make him as a special attacker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)