ORAS OU Sunny Day Team

Hey guys. I quite new to competitive Pokemon and is building my first team. First thing that came up was a Sunny Day team. This is the first team I've ever build so I need all the criticism I need.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

The bread and butter of the team. Out of the 3 Pokemon that has the ability Drought (Ninetales/Groudon) , Charizard Y is the only one in the OU Tier with a strong move pool. It's Drought also last as long as a Heat Rock'd Drought. This guy gets DESTROYED by Stealth Rocks so something to get rid of those is a must.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth
- Sunny Day

This frog is fast. 420 Speed under the sun, Venusaur outruns realistically all Pokemon in OU. STAB 1 turn Solar Beam and STAB Sudge Bomb with the 2 stage setups from Growth makes this frog absolutely destroy anything except for a Ice Shard

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock

The Guardian Angel for Charizard. Shes a Screener, and more importantly a Bouncer. A Smeargle's worst nightmare. This Pokemon changed a lot. It was Excadrill, Donphan, Ferrothorn, and Forretress.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Toxic

The physical wall. Also the perfect Toxic staller with Poison Heal and Protect. The smaller Guardian Angel for Charizard with that immunity for Electric. Nothing much to say here. Base Gliscor.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Healing Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Now I know I should be running Wish instead of Soft-Boiled to make those sick Wish passes. But I want to actually make this team in game and unless you guys want to give me a free event Chansey, that's not going to happen. So I made the best I could out of Nurse Joy's special wall. Healing Wish and Soft-Boiled is basically the same thing as Protect and Wish. I took Thunder Wave over Toxic because Gliscor got that covered. And Seismic Toss is just a good move in general. I used to run this cheese strategy by running Counter over Thunder Wave to catch people off guard.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

OMG I HAVE NO RAW PHYSICAL SWEEPER. This Pokemon after months of using the team has changed so much. It was a Dragonite. It was an Excadrill. And now Talonflame. I picked Life Orb over Scarf because Talonflame already has priority STAB. Nothing much to say here. Base Talonflame.

Not the best team, but I've won games with it. There are a lot of notable mistakes such as missing Fighting-Type coverage and the fact that a Sp Wall Goodra will virtually destroy the team since my team is mostly SpA. I feel that this team can be wayyyyy much better and I need all of the constructive criticism from you pros over at Smogon. Thanks in advanced for helping and I'll keep you guys updated with the team for improvements!

I would likee to point out that modest Mega Charizard Y gets outsped by some pretty important threats like Excadrill, Lando-T, Kyurem-B, Garchomp, and opposing Mega Charizards (both X and Y). Trust me, you'll like to outspeed these threats as they'll either KO or Damage you greatly,so I'd recommend the change to timid. Also, Dragon Pulse isn't really good on MegaZard Y as it's uncapable of hiting Fairies, is only strong against one type, and doesn't get STAB. I would suggest changing it to Earthquake or Focus Blast to take out Air Ballon Heatran and Tyrannitar in sand. On another note, change stone edge to Knock off on Gliscor too.

I would likee to point out that modest Mega Charizard Y gets outsped by some pretty important threats like Excadrill, Lando-T, Kyurem-B, Garchomp, and opposing Mega Charizards (both X and Y). Trust me, you'll like to outspeed these threats as they'll either KO or Damage you greatly,so I'd recommend the change to timid. Also, Dragon Pulse isn't really good on MegaZard Y as it's uncapable of hiting Fairies, is only strong against one type, and doesn't get STAB. I would suggest changing it to Earthquake or Focus Blast to take out Air Ballon Heatran and Tyrannitar in sand. On another note, change stone edge to Knock off on Gliscor too.
The only reason why I run the dragon pulse is for the mega x Charizard, but since I'm seeing less of them I'll take the focus blast for the physical coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)