Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Why? Why are they doing this? Do they know nothing about competitive play? Anything with a walk-off is banned right there because you can just camp on the edge of the stage and kill them so easily. Fucking shit, it's like they're not even trying. Unless they've found a way to make walk-offs not OP.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
One thing I'd find rather interesting would be if Sonic got his own set of "Pokeball" items in the form of the Wisps from Colors/Generations/Lost World. Cube would be funny if it stunned enemies; Frenzy would be outright hilarious in ANY scenario. Seeing that Sonic Lost World and Sonic Colors are both Nintendo-exclusive (and the only non-Nintendo appearance of the Wisps was in Generations), I find that actually somewhat plausible.
The wisps aren't anywhere near as populous or notable as Pokemon, if anything I'd add in several of Sonic's friends (Amy/Knuckles/Tails/Shadow) as Assist Trophies and pick a bigger universe for a new item (if there are any others approaching that magnitude).

It'd be nice to see it debuting alongside Eggman as a campaign boss (he seems like he'd be a weird character to build alongside, and his millions of different forms would allow for some creative boss mechanics).

game looks great so far. Competitively though, melee will always be best IMO. I plan on maining Villager in the new game though; he just looks so fun to play. The memes are amazing too.

It'd be nice to see it debuting alongside Eggman as a campaign boss (he seems like he'd be a weird character to build alongside, and his millions of different forms would allow for some creative boss mechanics).
Bitch please, if he's getting in there he'd better be a full-blown character. Think about it, if they add another Sanic, no one even comes close to as important. It won't even be hard, just use the Egg Walker from Sonic: the Fighters and give him Adventure 2 moves.

There's a chance Sonic won't even come back. If he does, for some reason I doubt that Eggman would also be in the game. The best we can realistically hope for is a boss in story mode, imo.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So am I the only one who is noticing the boxing ring stage?
Boxing Ring. No Items. KNUCKLE JOE ONLY!

I'm actually not a fan of any of the new voiced Sonic music because voice makes the song move slower than just the beats of the music. My candidates for Sonic Stages I'd like remixed?

Sonic 2:

Mystic Cave Zone - DrRobotnik's linked Mystic Mansion seems like a spiritual successor to this track, but I just love the guitar strumming in the original. Honestly surprised this wasn't in Brawl. (Even just the original works, that's how timeless this is >_>)

Metropolis Zone

Sonic 1:

Star Light Zone

Scrap Brain Zone

Other Music I'd like seen:

Armored Armadillo's Stage (X1)

Bubble Crab's Stage (X2) (Yes, I know Duff McWhalen (X5) stole it.)

I personally think that it would be interesting to add N (from pokemon) into Smash. He'd be like the pokemon trainer, except he's more relevant given how popular he's become. A team of something like Archen, Liepard, and Zoroark. His final smash? Summon either Reshiram or Zekrom to do a fusion bolt/flame!

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I personally think that it would be interesting to add N (from pokemon) into Smash. He'd be like the pokemon trainer, except he's more relevant given how popular he's become. A team of something like Archen, Liepard, and Zoroark. His final smash? Summon either Reshiram or Zekrom to do a fusion bolt/flame!
More relevant? No way, Red is far more iconic and thats what matters for Smash. (N is also lame as fuck compared to Red)

Theres been a lot of mention for a 2nd Sonic character, I really just don't see it happening. Eggman as a campaign boss is probably the most you can get.

idk I was just a huge fan of how Ivysaur plays in the game. I mean, it's like when I played Street Fighter 4 and immediately fell in love with Adon; you just know your main when you know it. Also shorthop Dair and UpSmash are pretty lulzy, being laggy as fuck but having hella KO potential. And I'm surprised you went all 'ugh' about it, when the majority of Charizard's moves are pretty 'ugh' for the most part.

And I'm surprised you went all 'ugh' about it, when the majority of Charizard's moves are pretty 'ugh' for the most part.
At least Charizard is fast enough and has fast enough moves so you can hit people with them, all Ivysaur can do is throw and projectile until they're at a million percent so you can kill then with one of your tilts (read: your only safe options most of the time).

doesnt ivysaur's usmash have literally the best ko potential of any 'a' attack in the game

thats p chill imo
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, that belongs to King Dedede's fully charged Forward Smash. I distinctly remember people going nuts near Brawl's release that a sweetspotted one could kill Mario from the center of Final Destination at 17% provided no DI (obviously going nuts for no good reason given the humongous start up time).

Also, I can't find the exact post to quote, but I remember someone posting about Fire Emblem stages and representatives a little while back. It looks like a Fire Emblem stage based on the Arena Ferox is confirmed

At least Charizard is fast enough and has fast enough moves so you can hit people with them, all Ivysaur can do is throw and projectile until they're at a million percent so you can kill then with one of your tilts (read: your only safe options most of the time).
Having laggy moves and having to predict your opponent is my favorite part of Ivysaur. You have to bait them, hardread them, sniff out every move they do. It's difficult, but it's how I play every fighting game and I love the feeling of landing a meaty FSmash or the previously mentioned UpSmash to ensure a KO early on an opponent. So, in short, while Ivysaur does have slow moves, it's not like its impossible to hit people with them, especially since most of them have bitchin' range and good damage. His projectile isn't so bad either.

Also, I just can't agree with Charizard hitting people, tbh. Before I got into Project M I had to learn to use all three of the characters, and Charizard was the one I looked forward to using least. It's just that I find him so... clunky (yes, even as an Ivysaur player, I say that. Ivy has clunky movement, but a lot of his normals only have lag on recovery. And since I hit with said normals most of the time due to conservative reads and baiting, I almost never experience the downside. That's how I see it, anyway.). Like, he's definitely faster than Ivy, but I absolutely hate fighting with him in the air, and that's where all his best normals are. Not to mention his best payoff is Rock Smash, which is nigh impossible to hit when you're against a spacie or Marth or something (at least harder to hit than FTilt from Ivysaur.)

Maybe i'm biased, but I find Charizard fairly blah. I definitely respect your viewpoint on the play-style Charizard offers as opposed to Ivysaur's, though.

Having laggy moves and having to predict your opponent is my favorite part of Ivysaur. You have to bait them, hardread them, sniff out every move they do. It's difficult, but it's how I play every fighting game and I love the feeling of landing a meaty FSmash or the previously mentioned UpSmash to ensure a KO early on an opponent. So, in short, while Ivysaur does have slow moves, it's not like its impossible to hit people with them, especially since most of them have bitchin' range and good damage. His projectile isn't so bad either.
I know that feeling, I mained Ganondorf in Melee. However, doing that with Ivysaur really didn't help me because I always felt like I was at a constant disadvantage unless they were in grab/projectile range, while with Ganon I was king as long as I was on the stage.

Like, he's definitely faster than Ivy, but I absolutely hate fighting with him in the air, and that's where all his best normals are.
You're supposed to use them near the ground, try short hopping and using them.

Not to mention his best payoff is Rock Smash, which is nigh impossible to hit when you're against a spacie or Marth or something (at least harder to hit than FTilt from Ivysaur.)
Marth is pretty easy to get in on with Charizard. His grab and aerials shut down his spacing game, and let's not forget Marth's shit recovery vs. Charizard's edgeguarding tools.

In regards to Rock Smash, it's actually rather easy to connect. There are two parts of the move; the rock, and Charizard's head. The rock is the part that does the crazy damage, and if you don't connect immediately it shatters into a wall of projectiles. This is the first way, by hitting them with the scattered rocks. It's a very effective way of dealing damage and halting momentum. It also acts as a separate entity from Charizard, which means that the rock can take a hit for Charizard and Charizard can still do the move. If Charizard is hit before the move finishes, the rock disappears but you still have his head, which is the part that does the crazy knockback. This is the second way, by using the rock as super armor to deal knockback, which is a great KO option. The third is, obviously, both together. This is the hard part.

Also, comparison of the Wii U Pro to the Gamecube controller:
[youtube]FemD3BftK1Q[/youtube]

Well hey, I guess you have much more experience than me on the matter of using Zard. When I used him I never really felt I got anywhere with shorthopping for some reason; that's probably up to me being a bad, though.

I get what you mean for sure on Ganondorf in Melee, but I just don't feel the same way as you when I'm using Ivysaur. I don't ever feel at a disadvantage. When I'm shutting down every approach the opponent makes, I guess I just feel like I'm in control. I see where you're coming from on that, though.

Again, my bias is probably telling me I have an easier job advancing on Marth with Ivy than I do Zard, so I'm not sure how to advance with that, tbh.

I know HOW to use Rock Smash, I guess I didn't word that the way I wanted or something :P. I do know the tactics behind utilizing Rock Smash's super armor to go for grab setups or big damage or what have you, I just never seemed to be able to execute them to the point where I felt comfortable when using Zard. Like I said, I think it all goes down to how Zard feels to me; I'm just not as comfortable using him as I am Ivysaur. I'm also not saying Ivy is better than Zard by any means, in fact I'm very sure Ivy is in the lower tiers if not lowest tier as far as characters go, I'm just stating my experience with Zard and Ivy and leaning in Ivysaur's favor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)