Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Yeah omg guys it's not as if it would have been hard for Sakurai to model the dark suit. All he'd have to is color some truck tires poop brown and ducktape them to the original model. C'mon Sakurai why are you depriving us of this amazingly well designed outfit!!!
Isn't the Dark Samus model already confirmed to exist in the game though? I think that's why people were upset

So we're either missing two characters or zero, and if two, they're from the middle two rows. Kirby has no real smashable characters besides those given.

Basically I say we're getting 2/3 of Magnus/Wolf/Mewtwo or else nothing at all, with Wolf being the least probable of the 3.

Galacta Knight soft-confirmed??

I want at least a Galacta Knight trophy, if not an assist trophy. Also for him to appear in more Kirby games, but I'm going off track now.

If there is another 5 characters, please give me Lucas and Wolf. The other 3 can be whatever dumb-ass clones (here's a ninth colour of Kirby! it has an extra jump!!) Sakurai wants to add. But no Tetra.

Galacta Knight / Ridley / Wolf / Lucas / Ice Climbers = master race of super-secret characters.

Kirby series has several viable fighters what are you guys smoking

not to mention sakurai is the king of series favoritism!

DARK MATTER would make me happy as unlikely as that is. possibly waddle dee since he was playable in return to dream land iirc? or... adeleine ^_^

Pic of the day. Here's one of the final battles in Smash Run, called "Run!" As you'd expect, it involves you dashing toward the finish line. In general, the fighters who are fast by default, equipped with speed-boosting equipment, and powered-up with speed boosts over the course of that Smash Run will have the advantage. However, speed isn't the only factor that will determine who will be victorious...

(Comment 1)

Those red things in the picture are called danger zones, and if you touch one, you'll get penalized by respawning farther back in the stage!! The danger zones disappear after someone else touches them, so fighters following those in the lead will have an advantage. You can still find speed boosts throughout the stage, so it'll be a heated battle 'till the end!!

(Comment 2)

Here's another final battle called "Climb!" Obviously, those that can jump or fly higher will have the advantage, but they also have to avoid the danger zones!! It gets pretty challenging if you've boosted your speed too much, as well. Everyone really gets into this when playing multiplayer.

(More music www.smashbros.com/us/music)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So there was a pretty great thread about character placement on the character roster on reddit's smash bros section and it pointed out two things I missed:
  • The families of characters are in descending order from oldest to newest
  • All of the characters with one franchise rep are in order from oldest to newest starting with G&W and ending with Shulk.
Now the trends I noticed still seem to hold true with characters not moving around, but I think the chronological order part is a lot sturdier of a constraint. If you want to suspend the characters 'can't move around thing', basically every single franchise can introduce two or more new characters except for Mario with the free floating one rep per franchise guys flowing across the board to fill in the gaps. I guess that's one way for you to get just about whoever you want out of the last five roster slots (or four if you want to follow the final gematsu character).

As for me, this would be my hopeful roster using the last slots arranged in the style I just mentioned (and yes it includes the big three):
This actually puts Kirby right near the centre too... Which is where I expect him to be (He's been in the middle of every roster [Slight off to the left in 64, directly centre in melee, and top of middle column in Brawl]).

As for PotD - Looks pretty cool, but I think characters like Bowser and DDD are basically boned in this mode... If they come up against a Falcon/Fox/Sonic how can they possibly win? Even with amazing control, the speed difference is just going to be too great. At least in a straight fight the slower characters have the power to make up for it. Similar with the jumping race... Although a lot of the "high" jumping characters have really low air speed, so I expect the fast fallers like Fox would actually be beneficial here too...

Wait wait wait, 3 hour later edit: "The families of characters are in descending order from oldest to newest" How is this possible with Rosalina in the top of the middle row? Shes certainly younger than Bowser Jnr or Wario... Something is whack with the ordering somewhere, Yoshi is still in the wrong place...

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
DHR I took that to mean that it's literally the families, i.e Mario being older than say, Pokemon
That doesnt really work either, as G&W should be then in Mario's square... He is older afterall.

But the rest of the roster I guess does make sense from that perspective. I can't do art at work, so I'll have a go when I'm home and show how these rosters are "wrong" lol :P Wario and Yoshi just are not in the right places... I do not get why they split the "Mushroom" characters at all. Rosalina has the Mushroom too... But Yoshi splits them with the Egg. It'll be better explained when I can make an image.

idk, the roster *should* move for convention... but maybe Sakurai has lost some of that?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah G&W is the real weird one being on the right, my only guess is that Mario is always supposed to have the slot top left for tradition.

3DS roster selection is all sorts of weird.

When I said "family" I meant any franchise with 2+ characters. All of the families are in chronological order. All the characters with a single franchise rep "free floaters" can fill in the gaps between family, but are in chronological order with other free floaters.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Kirby series has several viable fighters what are you guys smoking

not to mention sakurai is the king of series favoritism!

DARK MATTER would make me happy as unlikely as that is. possibly waddle dee since he was playable in return to dream land iirc? or... adeleine ^_^

The problem isn't that Kirby has no characters to use, it's that it doesn't have a lot of high-profile or re-occuring characters left :(. Also I'm like 90% certain that Galacta Knight will just be a reskin of Meta Knight, especially considering they have virtually the same moves in-game anyways.
And regarding POTD...

Pic of the day. So what is this Games & More option in the menu? I assume that some people may use this mode the most.

(Comment 1)

This is what you see after you click on Games & More. There are many modes to choose from. There's the Options button, too.

(Comment 2)

Futhermore, this is what the screen looks like after you click on Solo. In the Stadium, you can find the Home-Run Contest, various Multi-Man Smash challenges, and Target Blast!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
I don't really know how you can infer from this that Events arent there... They might unlock at a later date :P

Whats more shocking is that there is no Adventure Mode at all. :( Unless that unlocks too. I think we can say from these screens that Sakurai's menu's are not as good as they have been in previous games. The squares look really out of place. The Challenge button looks like it has been photoshopped onto the image... :/

Break The targets has now dissapointingly turned into that shitty Bomb throwing thing... That's really sad cause I loved Break the Targets and Board the Platforms. Here hopes the WiiU version adds some little things on top of this :)

Break The targets has now dissapointingly turned into that shitty Bomb throwing thing... That's really sad cause I loved Break the Targets and Board the Platforms. Here hopes the WiiU version adds some little things on top of this :)
I agree with you, hopfully the Wii U has some nicer features waiting for us.

Yeah I'm also hoping that Wii U brings back Boss Battles.
I can't wait to battle Ridley in HD.

Also, allow your ears to eat even more music
http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

Last edited:
That Tomodachi Life remix is A+++ I was hoping the main theme would get spun into some upbeat battle theme. Now I just have to hope for an orchestrated Tomodachi Quest Medley :o

Also, King Dedede has lost the big gay dance and gets a new final smash.

Translation thanks to someone on reddit:

Dede Burst!

"Inhale to draw enemies towards you and then hit them with multiple hammer hits!"

Or something along those lines. I went with the plural, but it may work on only one character at a time, or it may be able to draw in multiple characters like Ike's or Link's if you hit two people with the activating attack.

Soft confirming no events (...) or adventure mode. why do you do this to me? Maybe the wii U version will have more options.

smash run should basically be your melee-version adventure mode fix, and the wii u will certainly have its' own shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)