Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Eh, we'll all get over Ridley once we have the game.

Overall, while no Climbers is a bummer, I'm very excited, every newcomer looks fantastic!

Well, just got finished seeing the final character being unlocked, it is...well, not Ridley, I'll say that much...curse my inability to use the spoiler tag.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
or in the wii u version. Wouldnt put the possibility of game specific characters past them since its done in games like pokemon all the time.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
or in the wii u version. Wouldnt put the possibility of game specific characters past them since its done in games like pokemon all the time.
werent we told early on that wii u and ds rosters would be the same?

i suppose they could release it on wii u and then send out a patch, but

werent we told early on that wii u and ds rosters would be the same?

i suppose they could release it on wii u and then send out a patch, but
the latest rumor (basically the equivalent to "My dad works at Nintendo") is that cross-connecting the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game will unlock the four characters mentioned in the very first leak that included Bowser Jr. + DHD + Alph as a costume + other stuff

Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Men

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
the latest rumor (basically the equivalent to "My dad works at Nintendo") is that cross-connecting the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game will unlock the four characters mentioned in the very first leak that included Bowser Jr. + DHD + Alph as a costume + other stuff

Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Men
Wasn't that leak confirmed to be some troll pretty much just talking out their ass, though?

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To be fair, the character select screen does have room for 4 more characters assuming you shifted the last two rows all the way left.

I feel like the bigger issue with Ridley would be scaling him down to a size appropriate for Smash Bros since he is kind of a ginormous monster.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Resizing characters has never been an issue in smash, or any fighting game. How can any of you be so terribly opposed to that which would do nothing but make some people marginally happier.

Ridley wouldn't do one thing but make Metroid fans happy. He wouldn't shatter people's immersion in a game where Mario fights the Duck Hunt Dog. He wouldn't come in at the exclusion of more deserving characters at this point. He wouldn't even honestly give folks on the internet something to feel high and mighty about. He wouldn't do one thing but give us a character we want to play.

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I just don't know why people need to be jerks in a thread dedicated to the most fun game in the world. I've toned it down. Why can't everyone else?

(I'm trying not to sound passive aggressive here, seriously, why does this thread get like this)

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
von tbf nobody was actually "terribly opposed" in this thread

nobody is talking about immersion
nobody is talking about exclusion
nobody is talking about high and mighty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)