Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Their is absolutely no reason for Ridley no to be in SSB4 (hell there shouldn't have been a reason for him not to be in Brawl.) He is the only arch-enemy of one of nintendo's main franchises to not be a playable character and any issue of size could easily be remedied with a size change.
There are many good arguments, you guys just don't want to hear any of them. I could say that, even if it is plausible for them to make him small enough, there's no way to do it without looking really off and that his physique would make it a lot more difficult than usual to animate, especially on the ground. But would any of you seriously treat that as a valid criticism, even if you disagree with it, and refute it without resorting to mockery or sarcasm? So far, none of you have.

Going to Smashboards
No thanks. If I wanted to hear a bunch of 13 year olds who think they're a million times smarter than they actually are strawman something to push an agenda, I'd go to reddit.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
liking pit's redesigned moveset

edit: and the more cartoony character designs, samus excluded (but would have been included if they'd gone with her from MP instead of Other M)

As do I. They probably changed his side B because scrubs complained about it being spammy, but this one actually seems more useful, so hooray.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please hope that Pit's shield gets some form of nerf now that is covers both sides pretty please.

Anyways I'll admit I'm glad they took the direction they did with the characters. Mario was getting to a certain uncanny valley look with how realistic his denim overalls were in Brawl. It's cleaner and overall better. Anything that reminds me of Other M is bad by deafault although it'll probably be not a noticeable in battle with Samus. Any alternate costumes will be appreciated Sakurai!!!

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

Anyone else...highly intrigued? That was posted a day before Super Smash Bros was revealed. And he got 3 characters right. I don't know...if it's a lucky guess, this guy should play the lottery for predicting a character like Wii Fit Trainer and Villager....

Think this guy could possibly know something? What are your thoughts if Little Mac, PacMan, and Mii were in this game?
Wouldn't mind Little Mac. Mii would kinda be redundant with the Animal Crossing Villager already in and I'd puke if PacMan were in.

I could definately argue that Nightmare is more of a main villain than DDD for Kirby, at best DDD is an anti-hero if he was truly evil he'd have been taken care of early on. If Nightmare isn't in ssb4 then I don't particularly see why we need Ridley, especially considering it was one of the bosses in subspace already.

Never really liked using Pit but it looks like Kirby's stone has spikes now hope it's not just decoration

Nightmare would definitely be my pick for a fourth Kirby. Also, tfw you start playing the games and find out that the Frankenstein looking motherfucker from the anime who sold demons to Dedede is the big bad.

There are many good arguments, you guys just don't want to hear any of them. I could say that, even if it is plausible for them to make him small enough, there's no way to do it without looking really off and that his physique would make it a lot more difficult than usual to animate, especially on the ground. But would any of you seriously treat that as a valid criticism, even if you disagree with it, and refute it without resorting to mockery or sarcasm? So far, none of you have.
Reasonably enough, I actually recently saw a mod of Brawl that put Ridley in the game and it did look awkward and out of place. With his lanky and slim figure he would encompass more space than anticipated with not only his body but his wings and tail and with the extra limbs a lot more animation needs to be put into him to make it right.

But even with all that I still stand by my opinion that Ridley definitely deserves to be in a SSB game as a playable character.

And honestly I have no way to refute the arguments you made and what I just stated above, I don't know how to make everything come together perfectly to make a Ridley that has the right size, unobtrusive animation, awkward body type, and the multitude of other negative drawbacks. I can only sit here and hope that Nintendo is able to do it.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well considering the game is being developed with the help of Namco Bandai, Pacman seems like a really likely candidate.
A Tales character would be a much better choice, hell even some random Soul Calibur character I could tolerate. We already have Wii Fit Trainer, if they're going to put in a third party character, at least make it serious (see: Snake, Sonic, Megaman).

I personally can't see Pacman as a fighter, unless you go by the other side video games, poor guy doesn't even have limbs...

More than likely they'll toss in a Tales character if they get a slot,be a lot easier to translate (eg, Lloyd from ToP).

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A Tales character would be a much better choice, hell even some random Soul Calibur character I could tolerate. We already have Wii Fit Trainer, if they're going to put in a third party character, at least make it serious (see: Snake, Sonic, Megaman).
We already have a random Soul Calibur character, Link!

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
I personally can't see Pacman as a fighter, unless you go by the other side video games, poor guy doesn't even have limbs...

More than likely they'll toss in a Tales character if they get a slot,be a lot easier to translate (eg, Lloyd from ToP).
[youtube]jma7kq35SG4[/youtube]

What, has nobody played Pac-Man World 3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)